Jul 30, 2012, 5:53 PM EDT
By now, hopefully you are well aware of the exciting social media project we have planned for tomorrow night. At 7:30 pm ET, Director of Athletics Jack Swarbrick will be live on our Google+ page, participating in a Google+ Hangout with seven panelists representing prominent ND online fan communities.
Last week on UNDerground, we featured each of those panelists in a “Five Questions With…” series:
- Mike Coffey (ND Nation)
- Ryan Ritter (Her Loyal Sons)
- Lisa Kelly (Bridget McGuire’s Filling Station)
- Eric Murtaugh (One Foot Down)
- Keith Arnold (NBC Sports)
- Ed Jordanich (Dome and Domer)
- Pat Mitsch (Blue-Gray Sky)
For those of you who have not used Google+ or the Hangout feature, let’s put it in terms of something you may be more familiar with – Skype. Everyone has used Skype, right? (If not, it’s a free service that allows you to video chat with anyone in the world).
One of the great features of a Google+ Hangout is that it allows up to ten users to participate in the video chat at the same time, so you can talk to friends and family all over the world, and it seems like you are all together in the same room.
Fighting Irish Digital Media’s Jack Nolan will moderate our Hangout and each panelist will have the opportunity to ask Jack Swarbrick one question. After Swarbrick answers, he and the panelists will be able to discuss each topic for approximately ten minutes.
While only our seven panelists will be able to directly “hang out” in the conversation, anyone can watch live through our Google+ page, as Swarbrick shares his thoughts on Notre Dame athletics. It will be as if we’re hosting a Q&A panel right inside the Purcell Pavilion, but neither our participants nor the audience, will even have to leave the living room.
If you’re still confused, here’s an example. This video includes men’s basketball coach Mike Brey chatting with fans during the Google+ Hangout we hosted on Selection Sunday.
By the way, if you are unable to tune in tomorrow night, the video will be archived later. Also, @FightingIrish will be tweeting updates live during the conversation.
Tuesday, July 31. 7:30 pm ET. Notre Dame Athletics Google+. Come hang out.
- M. Soccer. #1 Notre Dame Upended At #8 Indiana, 1-0
- Football. Three From Notre Dame on NFF Hall of Fame Ballot
- W. Volleyball. Alugbue Makes Broadcasting Debut In Irish Win Over BC
- W. Soccer. #9/7 Irish, #20 Clemson Bring A Postseason Feel To Alumni Stadium Thursday
- W. Basketball. Notre Dame Earns Top Spot In 2014-15 ACC Preseason Women's Basketball Polls
- M. Soccer. #1 Notre Dame Visits #8 Indiana On Wednesday
- Football. Notre Dame and ACC Announce Future Football Games
- M. Swimming. With Bonfires Comes Team Bonding
- W. Tennis. Irish Wrap Up Competition At Midwest Regionals
- W. Soccer. Pitch Points: Irish Have The Right Road Formula
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- RT @NDMenSoccer: HALFTIME: ND 0, #8 IU 1; Shots 10-1 IU; SOG 5-1 IU; CK 4-1 IU #NDvsIU 7 hours ago
- It's a bye week but we don't stop with the fan fun! RETWEET to win a @Vyskcomm iPhone case- vysk.com/experience-pri… http://t.co/5JFarTHCRX 7 hours ago
- RT @NDMikeBrey: Thanks @BlueAngels! Experience of a lifetime and great to reconnect with former player Lt. Cmdr. John Hiltz @jphiltz2 http:… 8 hours ago
- Good luck to @NDmenSoccer vs Indiana! Make sure you are following the team account and @NDsidSean for updates. #GoIrish #BeatHoosiers 8 hours ago
- .@NDSoccer's Liz Tucker was always going to be #NCAAWOTY in the eyes of Maria Bennett, her Fight For Life friend- ntrda.me/1vN17DO 12 hours ago