Jul 30, 2012, 5:53 PM EST
By now, hopefully you are well aware of the exciting social media project we have planned for tomorrow night. At 7:30 pm ET, Director of Athletics Jack Swarbrick will be live on our Google+ page, participating in a Google+ Hangout with seven panelists representing prominent ND online fan communities.
Last week on UNDerground, we featured each of those panelists in a “Five Questions With…” series:
- Mike Coffey (ND Nation)
- Ryan Ritter (Her Loyal Sons)
- Lisa Kelly (Bridget McGuire’s Filling Station)
- Eric Murtaugh (One Foot Down)
- Keith Arnold (NBC Sports)
- Ed Jordanich (Dome and Domer)
- Pat Mitsch (Blue-Gray Sky)
For those of you who have not used Google+ or the Hangout feature, let’s put it in terms of something you may be more familiar with – Skype. Everyone has used Skype, right? (If not, it’s a free service that allows you to video chat with anyone in the world).
One of the great features of a Google+ Hangout is that it allows up to ten users to participate in the video chat at the same time, so you can talk to friends and family all over the world, and it seems like you are all together in the same room.
Fighting Irish Digital Media’s Jack Nolan will moderate our Hangout and each panelist will have the opportunity to ask Jack Swarbrick one question. After Swarbrick answers, he and the panelists will be able to discuss each topic for approximately ten minutes.
While only our seven panelists will be able to directly “hang out” in the conversation, anyone can watch live through our Google+ page, as Swarbrick shares his thoughts on Notre Dame athletics. It will be as if we’re hosting a Q&A panel right inside the Purcell Pavilion, but neither our participants nor the audience, will even have to leave the living room.
If you’re still confused, here’s an example. This video includes men’s basketball coach Mike Brey chatting with fans during the Google+ Hangout we hosted on Selection Sunday.
By the way, if you are unable to tune in tomorrow night, the video will be archived later. Also, @FightingIrish will be tweeting updates live during the conversation.
Tuesday, July 31. 7:30 pm ET. Notre Dame Athletics Google+. Come hang out.
- M. Soccer. IRISH EXTRA: Notre Dame Advances In The Rain
- W. Basketball. #2 Irish Cap Off Busy Seven-Day Stretch Against Quinnipiac
- W. Basketball. IRISH EXTRA: Huffman Finding Her Role
- W. Basketball. Inside The Game: #2 Notre Dame 97, Harvard 43
- W. Basketball. Notre Dame Women's Basketball Postgame Quotes
- W. Basketball. #2 Notre Dame Rolls Past Harvard, 97-43
- W. Rowing. Setting the Standard
- W. Basketball. Notre Dame Women's Basketball Forward Brianna Turner Is Repeat Choice As Atlantic Coast Conference Freshman of the Week
- Football. Football Earns 2014 AFCA Academic Achievement Award
- General News. Irish Extra: Coccia Ready to `Fight the World's Fight'
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- DYK This week's #NDFBClassics has been moved to Friday at 12pm ET? Take note! @NDFootball vs USC '95 http://t.co/VcorIjHDKw 27 minutes ago
- RT @gamedayND: Thanks to @NDTIX for all of your hard work this home season! You guys are fantastic to work with & take great care of our fa… 1 hour ago
- Highlights from @NDwbb's game vs Harvard- ntrda.me/1FojGPR Tune in tonight at 6pm ET on @WatchND for their game v Quinnipiac #GoIrish 1 hour ago
- Put this on your calendar! @NDTix Black Friday Sale is Weds at 8:30am ET ntrda.me/NDTixBlackFri Great deals on @NDmbb, @NDwbb & @NDHockey 2 hours ago
- Your @Tire_Rack @SAotW Runner Up is @NDMenSoccer's @JonGallagher96 for scoring the winning goal vs Ohio St #GoIrish http://t.co/4nw1T9A2wV 3 hours ago