Dec 5, 2012, 5:04 PM EST
As I mentioned in my Sports Illustrated cover post a few weeks ago, superstition is nothing new when it comes to sports. So with the Irish in the midst of a perfect season, fans are doing whatever they can to see that Notre Dame hoists the coveted crystal football on Jan. 7.
Josh Stowe (’01) from the Notre Dame Alumni Association recently caught up with a few Domers who shared their lucky rituals.
For example, here’s April Flores’ story:
“I had a baby the week before the season started. She’s never seen an Irish loss in her lifetime! She wears the same Notre Dame onesie that we brought her home from the hospital in for every game. I tried to change it up for the Pitt game and she was back in the lucky onesie for the second half,” she says. “If she outgrows it before January 7 she’s going to have to suck it up and wear a tight onesie!”
Click here to read the rest of the post. As you will see, it’s not the top-ranked defense, the impressive running game, or the stellar coaching, but most certainly the superstitious fans that have Notre Dame playing for its first national championship since 1988.
And just because…
- M. Basketball. Jerian Grant Nabs Second ACC Player of the Week Honor
- W. Basketball. Notre Dame Women's Basketball Duo Sweeps ACC Player and Freshman of the Week Awards
- M. Lacrosse. Fighting Irish Freshman Class Ranked Second By Inside Lacrosse
- M. Basketball. No. 12 Notre Dame at NC State: Postgame Notes
- M. Basketball. No. 8 Notre Dame Rallies Past NC State in Overtime, 81-78
- Fencing. Irish Return To Form At NYU Invitational
- Track. Irish Extra: Giesting Sets the Pace
- M. Tennis. No. 14 Notre Dame Falls To No. 16 Columbia, 4-2, In ITA Kick-Off Championship
- W. Basketball. Inside The Game: #6/5 Notre Dame 74, Clemson 36
- M. Ice Hockey. Notre Dame Falls at Northeastern, 4-2
Fighting Irish on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.