Dec 5, 2012, 5:04 PM EDT
As I mentioned in my Sports Illustrated cover post a few weeks ago, superstition is nothing new when it comes to sports. So with the Irish in the midst of a perfect season, fans are doing whatever they can to see that Notre Dame hoists the coveted crystal football on Jan. 7.
Josh Stowe (’01) from the Notre Dame Alumni Association recently caught up with a few Domers who shared their lucky rituals.
For example, here’s April Flores’ story:
“I had a baby the week before the season started. She’s never seen an Irish loss in her lifetime! She wears the same Notre Dame onesie that we brought her home from the hospital in for every game. I tried to change it up for the Pitt game and she was back in the lucky onesie for the second half,” she says. “If she outgrows it before January 7 she’s going to have to suck it up and wear a tight onesie!”
Click here to read the rest of the post. As you will see, it’s not the top-ranked defense, the impressive running game, or the stellar coaching, but most certainly the superstitious fans that have Notre Dame playing for its first national championship since 1988.
And just because…
- W. Lacrosse. Notre Dame Signing Class Ranked in Top 10
- Softball. Irish Softball To Play Six Fall Games At Melissa Cook Stadium
- W. Soccer. Notre Dame Teams To Take Part In Youth Soccer Month
- Football. Drue Tranquill Making An Impact
- General News. Five Core Values Serve Swarbrick And Notre Dame Well
- Baseball. Notre Dame Baseball Summer League Wrap-Up
- Football. Kuechenberg, Zbikowski Join Chicagoland Sports Hall of Fame
- W. Lacrosse. Women's Lacrosse Names 2015 Captains
- Football. Tony Alford Is All For Family
- M. Tennis. Men's Tennis Announces Challenging 2014-15 Schedule
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- Visit @Vyskcomm for more info about their encryption technology- vysk.com Thanks for sponsoring @NDFootball's headsets! 6 hours ago
- We're giving away a @Vyskcomm cell phone case to one lucky fan. RETWEET to win! #GoIrish http://t.co/iHj7OXvXUW 6 hours ago
- For your commute home, new blog from @NDblogCraig "Making An Impact"- ntrda.me/1pjwyy8 #GoIrish 8 hours ago
- Time to sign up teams for @NDmenSoccer's @GrassrootSoccer Tournament. Details- ntrda.me/GrassrootSocce… See you on the field! 9 hours ago
- RT @NDsoftball: It's (Fall) Softball Season! Come out to The Cooker this fall to see The Irish #FallBall ntrda.me/1sp033A 9 hours ago