Dec 5, 2012, 5:04 PM EDT
As I mentioned in my Sports Illustrated cover post a few weeks ago, superstition is nothing new when it comes to sports. So with the Irish in the midst of a perfect season, fans are doing whatever they can to see that Notre Dame hoists the coveted crystal football on Jan. 7.
Josh Stowe (’01) from the Notre Dame Alumni Association recently caught up with a few Domers who shared their lucky rituals.
For example, here’s April Flores’ story:
“I had a baby the week before the season started. She’s never seen an Irish loss in her lifetime! She wears the same Notre Dame onesie that we brought her home from the hospital in for every game. I tried to change it up for the Pitt game and she was back in the lucky onesie for the second half,” she says. “If she outgrows it before January 7 she’s going to have to suck it up and wear a tight onesie!”
Click here to read the rest of the post. As you will see, it’s not the top-ranked defense, the impressive running game, or the stellar coaching, but most certainly the superstitious fans that have Notre Dame playing for its first national championship since 1988.
And just because…
- W. Soccer. #9/7 Irish Scrap To Hard-Fought 1-0 Home Win Over #20 Clemson
- W. Volleyball. Volleyball Travels To "The Mother Of States" For Two ACC Matches
- M. Soccer. Patrick Wall Named A Finalist For Senior CLASS Award
- W. Golf. Irish Women's Golf Faces Strong Field At Landfall Tradition
- Football. IRISH EXTRA: Making A Wish Come True
- M. Ice Hockey. Irish To Play Host To Niagara University For First Time At Compton Family Ice Arena
- M. Soccer. #1 Notre Dame Upended At #8 Indiana, 1-0
- Football. Three From Notre Dame on NFF Hall of Fame Ballot
- W. Volleyball. Alugbue Makes Broadcasting Debut In Irish Win Over BC
- W. Soccer. #9/7 Irish, #20 Clemson Bring A Postseason Feel To Alumni Stadium Thursday
Fighting Irish on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.