Dec 12, 2012, 1:19 PM EDT
On Sunday, Dec. 16, the latest in Notre Dame’s Strong of Heart series will debut on NBC Sports Network. The episode tells the inspiring stories of a pair of former Irish athletes – women’s basketball player Dr. Carol Lally Shields (’79) and swimmer Haley Scott DeMaria (’95).
Dr. Lally Shields is a world-renowned ophthamologist in Philadelphia.
While on the swim team, DeMaria survived a bus accident and overcame a serious back injury to compete again for the Fighting Irish.
The premiere episode will air this Sunday at 4:00 pm ET, and it will be re-broadcast on Jan. 1 at 11:30 pm ET, as well as Jan. 7 at 12:30 pm ET. Here’s a trailer.
This Strong of Heart episode follows the one that originally aired in October, profiling football historian Steve Boda and senior linebacker Manti Te’o. You can watch it in full below.
- M. Ice Hockey. Irish To Play Host To Niagara University For First Time At Compton Family Ice Arena
- M. Soccer. #1 Notre Dame Upended At #8 Indiana, 1-0
- Football. Three From Notre Dame on NFF Hall of Fame Ballot
- W. Volleyball. Alugbue Makes Broadcasting Debut In Irish Win Over BC
- W. Soccer. #9/7 Irish, #20 Clemson Bring A Postseason Feel To Alumni Stadium Thursday
- W. Basketball. Notre Dame Earns Top Spot In 2014-15 ACC Preseason Women's Basketball Polls
- M. Soccer. #1 Notre Dame Visits #8 Indiana On Wednesday
- Football. Notre Dame and ACC Announce Future Football Games
- M. Swimming. With Bonfires Comes Team Bonding
- W. Tennis. Irish Wrap Up Competition At Midwest Regionals
Fighting Irish on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.