Dec 12, 2012, 1:19 PM EDT
On Sunday, Dec. 16, the latest in Notre Dame’s Strong of Heart series will debut on NBC Sports Network. The episode tells the inspiring stories of a pair of former Irish athletes – women’s basketball player Dr. Carol Lally Shields (’79) and swimmer Haley Scott DeMaria (’95).
Dr. Lally Shields is a world-renowned ophthamologist in Philadelphia.
While on the swim team, DeMaria survived a bus accident and overcame a serious back injury to compete again for the Fighting Irish.
The premiere episode will air this Sunday at 4:00 pm ET, and it will be re-broadcast on Jan. 1 at 11:30 pm ET, as well as Jan. 7 at 12:30 pm ET. Here’s a trailer.
This Strong of Heart episode follows the one that originally aired in October, profiling football historian Steve Boda and senior linebacker Manti Te’o. You can watch it in full below.
- W. Swimming. Kovenock Named Head Women's Swimming & Diving Coach At Brown
- W. Soccer. Pitch Points: Irish Evaluations From The Opening Week
- M. Basketball. Visits By Michigan State, Virginia, Duke and Syracuse Highlight 2014-15 Notre Dame Men's Basketball Home Slate
- Football. Collinsworth, Day, Martin and McDaniel Named 2014 Notre Dame Football Captains
- M. Soccer. Fighting Irish Embrace New Challenge In 2014
- W. Volleyball. The Opening Serve: Houser Named Preseason All-ACC
- Football. Notre Dame Offering Smartphone Upgrades For 2014 Fighting Irish Football Campaign
- Football. Notre Dame Vs. Rice Game Notes
- Football. Coach Kelly Press Conference Transcript
- Cross Country. University of Notre Dame Adds Matt Sparks As Associate Head Coach for Track and Field/Cross Country
Fighting Irish on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.