Dec 12, 2012, 1:19 PM EST
On Sunday, Dec. 16, the latest in Notre Dame’s Strong of Heart series will debut on NBC Sports Network. The episode tells the inspiring stories of a pair of former Irish athletes – women’s basketball player Dr. Carol Lally Shields (’79) and swimmer Haley Scott DeMaria (’95).
Dr. Lally Shields is a world-renowned ophthamologist in Philadelphia.
While on the swim team, DeMaria survived a bus accident and overcame a serious back injury to compete again for the Fighting Irish.
The premiere episode will air this Sunday at 4:00 pm ET, and it will be re-broadcast on Jan. 1 at 11:30 pm ET, as well as Jan. 7 at 12:30 pm ET. Here’s a trailer.
This Strong of Heart episode follows the one that originally aired in October, profiling football historian Steve Boda and senior linebacker Manti Te’o. You can watch it in full below.
- Football. ECHOES `14: Notre Dame Football Awards Show Premieres December 20, 2014 on NBC Sports Network
- Fencing. Francesca Russo: Big-Time Dreamer, Full-Throttle Fencer
- W. Soccer. Naughton, Roccaro Named To NSCAA Scholar All-America Third Team
- Baseball. Baseball Announces Elite 2015 Schedule
- M. Lacrosse. Notre Dame Debuts At #2 In Inside Lacrosse Preseason Poll
- Football. Kelly Cares Foundation, Irish Football Donate $10,000 To Food Bank Of Northern Indiana
- W. Lacrosse. Women's Lacrosse Announces 2015 Schedule
- Football. IRISH EXTRA: Huarte Celebrates 50 Years Since Heisman Trophy Win
- M. Lacrosse. Fighting Irish Picked To Defend ACC Title
- W. Basketball. Notre Dame Women's Basketball Guard Jewell Loyd Named National And Conference Player of the Week
Fighting Irish on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.