Dec 29, 2012, 9:05 AM EDT
It’s been quite a year for the Fighting Irish. Over the next few days, we’ll look back at the some of the best moments, videos and posts featured on our blogs during the past twelve months.
Beginning of course with January, and a memorable Saturday night at Purcell Pavilion…
Here’s an excerpt from the blog following the men’s basketball team’s upset of top-ranked Syracuse.
The magic at Purcell continues. Syracuse joins the list with North Carolina, DePaul, Marquette, San Francisco and UCLA. For the sixth consecutive time, and first in nearly 25 years, a #1 team arrives at the Purcell Pavilion and leaves with a loss.
Jumping out to an early 11-2 advantage, the Fighting Irish led from the beginning and never looked back. Tonight’s win is the eighth in program history over an opponent ranked first in the Associated Press Poll.
The last win came on Feb. 1, 1987, when the top ranked North Carolina Tar Heels visited South Bend and lost to Digger Phelps Irish team, 60-58. But enough with stats and history…
Read the rest of the post here.
On a related note, the 21st wasn’t the only exciting Saturday in January. On the 7th, both the men’s and women’s basketball squads, as well as the hockey team defeated top-10 opponents. Relive it all in the Irish Connection video below.
- Football. Notre Dame vs. Florida State - Postgame Notes
- Football. No. 5 Irish Fall to No. 2 Florida State, 31-27
- M. Ice Hockey. Irish Hand Lake Superior State A 5-1 Loss To Sweep Weekend Series
- W. Tennis. Survive And Advance: Solid Irish Saturday At Midwest Regionals
- M. Tennis. Schnurrenberger Leads Strong Irish Day Three At USTA/ITA Midwest Regionals
- W. Soccer. #13/11 Irish Take Care Of Business On The Road With 2-0 ACC Win At Syracuse
- W. Swimming. Notre Dame Splits Dual Contests With Auburn And Vanderbilt
- W. Golf. Irish Women's Golf Stands 10th After Two Rounds At Mercedes-Benz Championship
- M. Swimming. Irish Divers Continue to Excel In Southern Trip
- W. Volleyball. Block Out Cancer Match Set For Sunday Against Boston College
Fighting Irish on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.