Dec 31, 2012, 9:15 AM EST
Notre Dame kicked off September on the Emerald Isle, an incredible weekend celebrating the university and its connection to Ireland. Oh yeah, there was a football game too.
The following week, there were a couple of party crashers at the football team’s home opener against Purdue. Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn (who made his film debut in Rudy) took in the game from the Irish sideline. At halftime, Vaughn (or should I say Jamie O’Hara?) sat down with Fighting Irish Digital Media for a quick interview.
Speaking of FIDM, September was a milestone month for our team, as we moved into a new studio and facility in the Joyce Center near Gate 3, where the varsity shop used to be.
It didn’t take long before that studio was put to good use. On Sept. 12, Notre Dame announced plans to join the Atlantic Coast Conference in all sports except football and hockey. The terms of the move include a five-game scheduling agreement for football. After the announcement, FIDM brought the current Notre Dame coaches into the studio to discuss what the switch means for their team. University Vice President/Director of Athletics Jack Swarbrick also talked about the move to the ACC.
As it turns out, there are already many ties between Notre Dame and its future conference home.
Leading up to the 125 celebration game, South Bend mayor Pete Buttigieg renamed a portion of Michigan Street – changing it, of course, to Fighting Irish Drive.
The Fighting Irish cross country teams closed out the month with strong finishes in the very competitive Notre Dame Invitational. The men’s team placed third, while the women finished second overall.
And last, but not least, Trick Shot Monday went viral when it was featured on Sportscenter’s Top 10 Plays.
- M. Soccer. Patrick Hodan And Luke Mishu Named Academic All-Americans
- W. Basketball. IRISH EXTRA: Women's Hoops Learning It's a Marathon, Not a Sprint
- W. Volleyball. Irish Welcome ACC Foe Pitt For Senior Day Friday Afternoon
- W. Basketball. Inside The Game: #2/1 Notre Dame 112, Quinnipiac 52
- W. Basketball. Notre Dame Women's Basketball Postgame Quotes
- W. Basketball. #2/1 Irish Breeze Past Quinnipiac, 112-52
- M. Basketball. Notre Dame-Chicago State Men's Basketball Game Moved To 1:00 pm(ET) Start Time On Saturday
- M. Basketball. Irish Return Home To Face Grambling State
- Football. Brian Kelly USC Preview Press Conference Transcript
- Football. Notre Dame Vs. USC Game Notes
Fighting Irish on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.