Dec 31, 2012, 9:15 AM EDT
Notre Dame kicked off September on the Emerald Isle, an incredible weekend celebrating the university and its connection to Ireland. Oh yeah, there was a football game too.
The following week, there were a couple of party crashers at the football team’s home opener against Purdue. Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn (who made his film debut in Rudy) took in the game from the Irish sideline. At halftime, Vaughn (or should I say Jamie O’Hara?) sat down with Fighting Irish Digital Media for a quick interview.
Speaking of FIDM, September was a milestone month for our team, as we moved into a new studio and facility in the Joyce Center near Gate 3, where the varsity shop used to be.
It didn’t take long before that studio was put to good use. On Sept. 12, Notre Dame announced plans to join the Atlantic Coast Conference in all sports except football and hockey. The terms of the move include a five-game scheduling agreement for football. After the announcement, FIDM brought the current Notre Dame coaches into the studio to discuss what the switch means for their team. University Vice President/Director of Athletics Jack Swarbrick also talked about the move to the ACC.
As it turns out, there are already many ties between Notre Dame and its future conference home.
Leading up to the 125 celebration game, South Bend mayor Pete Buttigieg renamed a portion of Michigan Street – changing it, of course, to Fighting Irish Drive.
The Fighting Irish cross country teams closed out the month with strong finishes in the very competitive Notre Dame Invitational. The men’s team placed third, while the women finished second overall.
And last, but not least, Trick Shot Monday went viral when it was featured on Sportscenter’s Top 10 Plays.
- W. Soccer. Notre Dame Announces 2013 Women's Soccer Schedule
- M. Soccer. San Jose To South Bend: Dillon Powers Aims To Attend Notre Dame Commencement Ceremony
- M. Lacrosse. #2 Notre Dame Drops 12-11 Decision To #7 Duke In NCAA Quarterfinals
- W. Rowing. Irish Claim Five Grand Final Titles To Earn 10th Consecutive BIG EAST Championship
- Baseball. Irish Baseball Open 2013 BIG EAST Tournament As No. 7 Seed
- Baseball. Irish Drop Regular Season, Series Finale At Cincinnati, 11-5
- Softball. Irish Bow Out Of NCAA Championship
- W. Rowing. Irish Look For 10th Straight BIG EAST Title Sunday
- Baseball. Irish Even Series With 9-1 Rout Of Cincinnati
- Softball. Virginia Tech Outlasts Irish 4-3 In Game One Of Lexington Regional
Fighting Irish on YouTube
2013 BIG EAST Preview - Notre Dame Baseball
Length: 2:30 | May 21, 2013
Coach Kelly Sirius/XM Town Hall - 'Player Over Play'
Length: 1:26 | May 21, 2013
DaVaris Daniels - Becoming A Leader
Length: 3:22 | May 20, 2013
Celebrating Ara Parseghian's 90th Birthday
Length: 6:59 | May 17, 2013
- New Photography blog from @mattcashore blogs.nd.edu/ndphotography/ #ND2013 #WeAreND 17 minutes ago
- RT @NDMensTennis: Best of luck to Greg Andrews tomorrow as he meets Texas A&M's Jeremy Efferding at 1:30 p.m. (ET) in the first... http://t… 32 minutes ago
- RT @NotreDameRowing: row & lift complete, getting ready to watch NCAA Selection show to see who we race in heats. #gofast #goIrish! http:… 37 minutes ago
- #Congrats @NDswimming's Asst. Coach Tallman Named CollegeSwimming.Com Assistant Coach Of The Year bit.ly/12smWax #GoIrish 49 minutes ago
- RT @NDXCTF: Irish Set For 2013 NCAA East Regional fb.me/2NfDRckDt 1 hour ago