Sep 20, 2013, 10:36 AM EDT
An exciting women’s soccer victory was the big news last night at Notre Dame, but the big news going forward is the Michigan State-Notre Dame football game tomorrow afternoon inside Notre Dame Stadium.
This is an abridged version of T.I.F.I., today. Looking at original content from around Notre Dame.
Now, what did we miss…
- 1. Women’s Soccer – Irish Beat Buzzer Against Orange (LINK-UND.com)
With her team’s collective gas tank nearing “E”, junior defender Sammy Scofield dug deep and found a way to get her team a “W”. Scofield went high to head in a deflected free kick with three seconds to play, giving No. 7/4 Notre Dame a dramatic 1-0 win over Syracuse in Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) play Thursday night before an enthusiastic crowd of 1,607 fans at Alumni Stadium. It was the fourth consecutive win for the Fighting Irish, with three of those victories coming via shutout.
- 2. Football - Rees In His Rightful Place As Irish QB (LINK-Strong & True)
Notre Dame quarterback Tommy Rees will start for the Irish for the 22nd time this Saturday as the Irish take on Michigan State. Take a look back at all that Rees has accomplished in his time in South Bend. Click the link above to learn more.
- 3. Football - Trading Card Thursday – Brian Kelly (LINK-Strong & True)
Every week with the partnership with Upper Deck Sports, we give away a different autographed Upper Deck trading card. For a chance to win, all you have to do is answer the trivia question at the link above correctly.
- 4. Hockey – Costello Crosses One Off The Bucket List (LINK-Irish UNDerground)
On Aug. 30, hockey captain Jeff Costello had the unique opportunity to throw out the first pitch at a Boston Red Sox game at Fenway Park. Watch as Costello goes through the day and read about his thoughts on the moment after the fact. Click the link above to learn more.
- 5. Football – One-On-One With Cam McDaniel (LINK-Strong & True)
Notre Dame student beat writer Craig Chval had the opportunity to sit down with Irish running back Cam McDaniel after his gritty performance in the Purdue game. Click the link above to read more.
If you have more time to kill at work, read these other great articles:
Surviving Twice (UND.com) – No matter how inspiring and interesting it is to share Bob Elliott’s story of perseverance, the Notre Dame assistant coach has never been the least bit interested in any of the headlines, articles or inquiries about his personal health, or the struggles he faced upon his arrival at Notre Dame in January of 2012. Click the link above to learn more.
More Than A Cheerleader (UND.com) – Paqui is a Spanish nickname meaning `happy’ and, appropriately, the one given to Francisca Kelly, wife of Irish head football coach Brian. Paqui Kelly is a burst of energy, wearing pink running shoes among other pink items, during an hour-long interview. She frequently laughs while she talks about her blessings and the attitude in which she’s used to deal with all the things life has thrown at her. To read more, click the link above.
Yes, this made my day … and it was only 9:30 a.m. …
— Notre Dame Softball (@NDsoftball) September 20, 2013
Notre Dame-ish Video Of The Day
Not sure this needs any introduction … enjoy …
Let’s talk Michigan State-Notre Dame football…
When was the last time Notre Dame won three games in a row in the Michigan State football series?
You can answer the question in the comment box below or on twitter at @NDSportsBlogger. The answer will be found in Monday’s edition of “Things I Found Interesting.”
- W. Soccer. #9/7 Irish Scrap To Hard-Fought 1-0 Home Win Over #20 Clemson
- W. Volleyball. Volleyball Travels To "The Mother Of States" For Two ACC Matches
- M. Soccer. Patrick Wall Named A Finalist For Senior CLASS Award
- W. Golf. Irish Women's Golf Faces Strong Field At Landfall Tradition
- Football. IRISH EXTRA: Making A Wish Come True
- M. Ice Hockey. Irish To Play Host To Niagara University For First Time At Compton Family Ice Arena
- M. Soccer. #1 Notre Dame Upended At #8 Indiana, 1-0
- Football. Three From Notre Dame on NFF Hall of Fame Ballot
- W. Volleyball. Alugbue Makes Broadcasting Debut In Irish Win Over BC
- W. Soccer. #9/7 Irish, #20 Clemson Bring A Postseason Feel To Alumni Stadium Thursday
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- .@NDMensGolf and @NDWomensGolf are out for the weekend competing in the Bridgestone Invite and the Landfall Traditional #GoIrish 44 minutes ago
- Cheer on NDGolf! #HitPlay on their @Spotify playlists @NDWomensGolf - spoti.fi/1g5GJns @NDMensGolf - spoti.fi/1emLaHc #GoIrish 45 minutes ago
- RT @NDTIX: KidsClub Members receive select @ndwbb @NDmbb & @NDHockey tix. Must sign up by11/1 to receive bit.ly/KIDSCLUB http://t.co… 1 hour ago
- Mic'd up with @NDmbb's Coach @NDMikeBrey! Visit practice- ntrda.me/1vYO3eC #GoIrish 1 hour ago
- RT @NDBrantUst: View from my seats for the '14-'15 @NDmbb season, can't wait! http://t.co/oMLDS2qJy3 2 hours ago