Jan 29, 2014, 11:14 PM EDT
Anna Gonzalez, the official 2013-14 hockey beat writer for the Irish UNDerground blog, is currently a sophomore at the University of Notre Dame. Over the course of the year Anna will bring you insight from within the student section, interviews with Fighting Irish players and stories from inside the team circle. You can follow Anna (and the rest of the Notre Dame student beat writing staff) on twitter at @JrNDBloggers.
Senior right wing Bryan Rust came to Notre Dame from Novi, Mich. as one of a dozen freshmen on the 2010-2011 squad. Three years later, he’s still one of 10 seniors, but has distinguished himself as one of the team’s alternate captains along with T.J. Tynan and Stephen Johns. Here’s the Two-Minute Power Play with Bryan Rust…
If someone wrote a book about you, what would it be called? “The Man, The Myth, The Legend.”
If you didn’t play hockey, what sport would you play? Golf.
If you had a time machine, when would you go to? 1776. I’d sign the Declaration of Independence.
Who would play you in your biopic? Ryan Gosling.
What’s your favorite meal? Teriyaki Salmon.
If you could be anyone for a day, who would you be? I’d probably be Mike Fisher. Married to Carrie Underwood. Lives in Nashville.
When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up? A doctor.
If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it? Invest a third of it, spend a third on useless stuff, and use the other third for something good.
Do you have any interesting talents? Wiggle my ears and flare my nostrils at the same time. (He demonstrated, and it’s true.)
Do you have any superstitions? I always put on my left gear before my right gear—like left shin pad, then right shin pad. Left skate, right skate.
What’s your favorite sport to watch? Golf.
Favorite month of the year? May—It’s spring and it’s my birthday.
What’s your favorite movie? “Saving Private Ryan” or “The Internship.” Or “Just Go With It.”
What is your guilty pleasure song or band? “The Climb” by Miley Cyrus.
Who is your hero? Both my grandpas.
Would you rather be Jack Swarbrick or Fr. Jenkins for a day? Swarbrick. I’d rather be involved in sports than with University administrative work.
What’s the first item on your bucket list? Go to Antarctica and hang out with penguins.
What do you miss most about home? My dog—half Jack Russell Terrier and half Schipperke. We got him from the Humane Society.
What surprises people most about you? My attention to detail.
What do you think is the best thing since sliced bread? Sliced wheat bread.
- W. Soccer. Elizabeth Tucker from University of Notre Dame Named 2014 NCAA Woman of the Year
- M. Tennis. Irish Upset Irish, Earn Bid Into Doubles Championship At Midwest Regionals
- W. Golf. Irish Women's Golf Places 10th In Strong Mercedes-Benz Championship Field
- W. Tennis. Top Doubles Tandem Advances To Monday's USTA/ITA Midwest Regional Championship Match
- W. Rowing. Top 10 For Irish Championship Four Highlights Head Of The Charles Results
- W. Volleyball. Irish Rally From Down 2-0; Best BC In Five-Set Thriller
- Football. Brian Kelly Florida State Review Teleconference Transcript
- Football. Notre Dame vs. Florida State - Postgame Notes
- Football. No. 5 Irish Fall to No. 2 Florida State, 31-27
- M. Ice Hockey. Irish Hand Lake Superior State A 5-1 Loss To Sweep Weekend Series
Fighting Irish on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.