Feb 26, 2014, 11:15 AM EST
The Irish didn’t have any events going on yesterday, but that doesn’t mean we were without news and some love on Jeopardy (see trivia question of the day)!
I missed this in yesterday’s T.I.F.I., former Notre Dame hockey player Anders Lee was called up to the New York Islanders from his post in the AHL. Lee joins former Notre Dame hockey players Ian Cole (St. Louis Blues), Kyle Palmieri (Anaheim Ducks) and Erik Condra (Ottawa Senators).
— NYIslanders (@NYIslanders) February 25, 2014
Now, what did we miss …
- 1. Hockey – Lind And Friends (UND.com)
The Irish hockey team has developed a pipeline in the Chicago-area over the past few years, snagging student-athletes like Garrett Peterson, Robbie Russo, T.J. Tynan, Kevin Lind and Vincent Hinostroza from that vicinity. Click the link above to read about their journey to Notre Dame.
- 2. Men’s Basketball – Building Towards Tourney (Post-Tribune)
After a tumultuous season, the men’s basketball team is just a few games away from their first crack at the ACC Championship. LaMond Pope of the Post-Tribune weighs in at the link above.
- 3. Women’s Tennis – A Family Affair (UND.com)
Britney Sanders has not always been the top tennis player at Notre Dame. Fighting her way from the five-position a few years back to her current spot atop the singles lineup. Sanders has had her family along for the ride during her entire tennis career and they remain key cog’s to her success. Click the link above to read more.
TWEET THAT MADE ME CHUCKLE
— lOUIS NIX III (@1IrishChocolate) February 25, 2014
NOTRE DAME-ISH VIDEO OF THE DAY
All this NFL Combine talk this week is making me antsy for college football … oh … and the Irish men’s basketball team plays Georgia Tech tonight at Purcell Pavilion.
TRIVIA QUESTION OF THE DAY
We don’t really need an answer; we need the question for today’s trivia …
The answer to today’s trivia question will be found in tomorrow’s edition of Things I Found Interesting.
Yesterday’s Question: With one more victory, men’s basketball coach Mike Brey will notch his 300th win at Notre Dame. Can you name the other Notre Dame men’s basketball coaches with 300 or more wins at the University? ANSWER: Richard “Digger” Phelps and George Keogan
- W. Basketball. Inside The Game: #6/5 Notre Dame 74, Clemson 36
- M. Ice Hockey. Notre Dame Falls at Northeastern, 4-2
- W. Basketball. Loyd Leads #6/5 Notre Dame to 74-36 Win Over Clemson
- Fencing. Notre Dame Women's Fencers Off to Strong Start, Men Struggle at St. John's Invitational
- Track. Irish Women Finish Second, Giesting Sets School Record At Notre Dame Invitational
- M. Tennis. No. 14 Irish Clip No. 24 Cowboys 4-3 In ITA Kick-Off Opener
- M. Basketball. #8/9 Notre Dame Travels To NC State For Sunday Showdown
- M. Ice Hockey. Late Goal Lifts Northeastern Past Notre Dame, 3-2
- W. Basketball. IRISH EXTRA: Mabrey Helps Irish East Past Georgia Tech
- Baseball. IRISH EXTRA: The Influence of a Baseball Hall of Famer
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- RT @NDMensTennis: We're now scheduled for 1:25 ET. If you can't make it out to the Eck: LIVE STATS: und.com/livestats/m-te… LIVE STREAM: htt… 4 minutes ago
- Good luck to @NDmensTennis in their Championship matches vs Columbia! Come down to Eck Tennis Pavilion for all of the action. #GoIrish 14 minutes ago
- RT @NDMensTennis: Our match will be pushed back as Tennessee and OK State are still on the court. Stay tuned for an update on our start tim… 20 minutes ago
- RT @NDJackNolan: .@NDmbb shootaround for tough road test tonight. NCState 3-1 @ home in ACC w/win over Duke, only loss to NC by 2. http://t… 48 minutes ago
- RT @NDlacrosse: Warmup in The Goog before Bellarmine scrimmage in Loftus http://t.co/AwsbHbCwvj 58 minutes ago