Mar 4, 2014, 11:18 AM EST
Anna Gonzalez, the official 2013-14 hockey beat writer for the Irish UNDerground blog, is currently a sophomore at the University of Notre Dame. Over the course of the year Anna will bring you insight from within the student section, interviews with Fighting Irish players and stories from inside the team circle. You can follow Anna (and the rest of the Notre Dame student beat writing staff) on twitter at @JrNDBloggers.
It doesn’t take long to figure out that Kevin Lind is dripping with pride for where he came from and where he is. An avid White Sox and Bears fan, the senior defenseman, who describes himself as “tall, goofy, and adventurous” always wanted to play hockey for Notre Dame. Now he’s here and he couldn’t be more proud about it. Here’s the Two-Minute Power Play with Kevin Lind.
- If someone wrote a book about you, what would it be called? “Just Get in Front of It.”
- If you didn’t play hockey, what sport would you play? Baseball. I played baseball and hockey [when I was younger]. Loved baseball. Big White Sox fan. I played catcher and first base.
- If you had a time machine, when would you go to? I think I’d go back to like the 1950s and 60s to see Gordie Howe play hockey.
- Who would play you in your biopic? I’ve been told a lot of times I look like Drew Doughty from the LA Kings.
- What is your favorite Notre Dame tradition? I think I like the Alma Mater after we—actually in any sport. I think it’s really cool to see all the athletes get engaged with the student body who comes to watch us play.
- What’s your favorite thing about Coach Jackson? He’s got an extensive knowledge of movies, and I’m a big movie guy. I was just over at his house, and he’s got a big theater room, and I didn’t know that until this week.
- If you could be anyone for a day, who would you be? Paul Konerko on the White Sox.
- When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up? I think I always wanted to be hockey player. I always wanted to be a Notre Dame hockey player first, and then a professional hockey player. There was never any fireman, pilot, anything like that. It was always hockey for me.
- Do you have any interesting talents? I can sing like Louis Armstrong. You don’t hear that very often.
- What’s your favorite class you’ve taken at ND? I’m in a class right now that’s called the Principles of Coaching. It’s really interesting.
- What’s your favorite song to listen to before games? “Stockholm Syndrome” by Clmd
- What’s the best thing about your home state (Illinois)? I love the sports scene of Chicago. Every sports team. Everybody loves it. There are some very passionate fans around Chicago.
- What’s your favorite sport to watch? Hockey. Other than that, baseball live and Bears football.
- What is your guilty pleasure song or band? I’ve got two of them. I’ve been thinking about this for a long time because I read some of the other guys’ interviews. So I’ve got Jessica Simpson’s “I Think I’m in Love With You,” and Janet Jackson’s “Someone to Call My Lover.”
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? I would like to go to London, because when I was in Europe, I was only in Eastern Europe.
- What was your favorite school subject when you were a kid? Geography. I knew all the 50 state capitals.
- What do you miss most about home? I miss just being around my town, especially over breaks when my friends are all at home. Things like that.
- What four people would you want to go golfing with? Nick Lindstrom, Abe Lincoln, Mila Kunis, and Wayne Gretzky.
- What do you think is the best thing since sliced bread? That’s a tough one! I would say the DVR. Recording TV.
- What is the weirdest piece of clothing that you own? I own a zip-up hoodie with a cape on the back of it.
- Football. IRISH EXTRA: Loss to Louisville Can't Diminish Irish Ties
- M. Basketball. A Battle of Unbeatens As Notre Dame Meets Providence In Hall of Fame Tipoff Tournament
- Fencing. Notre Dame Finishes Day One of Penn State Open With Three Medalists
- Football. Notre Dame Football vs. Louisville Postgame Quotes
- Football. Notre Dame vs. Louisville- Postgame Notes
- Football. Irish Fall to Louisville, 31-28
- W. Soccer. #12/11 Clash With #5 Texas A&M In NCAA Championship Third Round Sunday
- M. Basketball. Notre Dame Men's Basketball Postgame Notes
- W. Basketball. #3/2 Irish Face Holy Cross Sunday In Hall Of Fame Challenge Opener
- Cross Country. Irish Women Finish 29th At NCAA Championships, Add All-American To Ranks
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- Coach Kelly is at the podium. Tune in- ntrda.me/11Oiv02 The post-game show will start immediately afterward. http://t.co/8gakoqai75 11 hours ago
- Game wrap up. @NDFootball 28 - Louisville 31 Next up: USC http://t.co/8bevQlk6Do 11 hours ago
- Join us in the alma mater #LoveTheeNotreDame 11 hours ago
- RT @NDFootball: Louisville downs the football for the 2nd time, ND does not have any time outs remaining. Cardinals escape with the victory… 11 hours ago
- Keep rolling #GoIrishGo 12 hours ago