Mar 13, 2014, 10:33 AM EDT
Tuesday and Wednesday were eventful for former Irish student-athletes. On Wednesday, Golden Tate signed a free agent deal with the Detroit Lions for over 30 million dollars and Matt Besler captained Sporting KC to a CCL win, while on Tuesday Sergio Brown re-signed with the Indianapolis Colts.
On Wednesday, the Irish men’s basketball season came to an end after a 81-69 defeat in the first round of the ACC Tournament at the hands of Wake Forest.
We have put out some great original content on the Irish UNDerground this week.
The women’s basketball team loves the show Scandal. Freshman forward Kristina Nelson talks about the women’s basketball team’s favorite show (Click Here).
One of the largest group of seniors in past memory, Irish hockey head coach Jeff Jackson took a few seconds to talk about each one of the senior icers (Click Here).
Now, what did we miss …
- 1. Football – Q&A With Bennett Jackson (SI.com)
After finishing a great career in the Irish defensive backfield, Bennett Jackson is getting ready for the NFL Draft. Click the link above to read a conversation with Jackson.
- 2. Hockey – Islanders Move Lee To Top Line (Newsday)
Since being called up in February, Anders Lee has been on a tear for the New York Islanders. His stellar play has earned him a spot on the Islanders top attacking line. Click the link above to read more.
- 3. Men’s Soccer – Besler Named KC Sportsman of the Year (Soccerly)
Notre Dame men’s soccer alum Matt Besler was awarded Kansas City’s Sportsman of the Year on Wednesday by the Kansas City Sports Commission. Click the link above to read more.
TWEET THAT MADE ME CHUCKLE
— Notre Dame (@NotreDame) March 12, 2014
And it will be in the high 40’s on Friday … Spring Break is alive and well in South Bend!
NOTRE DAME-ISH VIDEO OF THE DAY
Greg Klazura and Mike Rose are in Zimbabwe for a Grassroot Soccer internship, but when Greg was back in the States (or Canada) he played in the MLS. Take a look at his “sort of accurate” history of the Whitecaps Kits. To read their most recent blog from Zimbabwe, click here.
TRIVIA QUESTION OF THE DAY
Question: As the Irish hockey team departs for Chestnut Hill (Mass.) today for a Hockey East quarterfinal matchup with Boston College, we ask the question – when was the last time Notre Dame beat Boston College twice in one season?
The answer to today’s trivia question will be found in tomorrow’s edition of Things I Found Interesting.
Previous Question: Who is the all-time leading scorer in Irish program history in the modern era of college basketball (played all four years with three-point line)? ANSWER: Luke Harangody – 2,476 points.
- M. Soccer. #1 Notre Dame Upended At #8 Indiana, 1-0
- Football. Three From Notre Dame on NFF Hall of Fame Ballot
- W. Volleyball. Alugbue Makes Broadcasting Debut In Irish Win Over BC
- W. Soccer. #9/7 Irish, #20 Clemson Bring A Postseason Feel To Alumni Stadium Thursday
- W. Basketball. Notre Dame Earns Top Spot In 2014-15 ACC Preseason Women's Basketball Polls
- M. Soccer. #1 Notre Dame Visits #8 Indiana On Wednesday
- Football. Notre Dame and ACC Announce Future Football Games
- M. Swimming. With Bonfires Comes Team Bonding
- W. Tennis. Irish Wrap Up Competition At Midwest Regionals
- W. Soccer. Pitch Points: Irish Have The Right Road Formula
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- RT @NDMenSoccer: HALFTIME: ND 0, #8 IU 1; Shots 10-1 IU; SOG 5-1 IU; CK 4-1 IU #NDvsIU 7 hours ago
- It's a bye week but we don't stop with the fan fun! RETWEET to win a @Vyskcomm iPhone case- vysk.com/experience-pri… http://t.co/5JFarTHCRX 7 hours ago
- RT @NDMikeBrey: Thanks @BlueAngels! Experience of a lifetime and great to reconnect with former player Lt. Cmdr. John Hiltz @jphiltz2 http:… 8 hours ago
- Good luck to @NDmenSoccer vs Indiana! Make sure you are following the team account and @NDsidSean for updates. #GoIrish #BeatHoosiers 8 hours ago
- .@NDSoccer's Liz Tucker was always going to be #NCAAWOTY in the eyes of Maria Bennett, her Fight For Life friend- ntrda.me/1vN17DO 12 hours ago