Mar 13, 2014, 10:33 AM EST
Tuesday and Wednesday were eventful for former Irish student-athletes. On Wednesday, Golden Tate signed a free agent deal with the Detroit Lions for over 30 million dollars and Matt Besler captained Sporting KC to a CCL win, while on Tuesday Sergio Brown re-signed with the Indianapolis Colts.
On Wednesday, the Irish men’s basketball season came to an end after a 81-69 defeat in the first round of the ACC Tournament at the hands of Wake Forest.
We have put out some great original content on the Irish UNDerground this week.
The women’s basketball team loves the show Scandal. Freshman forward Kristina Nelson talks about the women’s basketball team’s favorite show (Click Here).
One of the largest group of seniors in past memory, Irish hockey head coach Jeff Jackson took a few seconds to talk about each one of the senior icers (Click Here).
Now, what did we miss …
- 1. Football – Q&A With Bennett Jackson (SI.com)
After finishing a great career in the Irish defensive backfield, Bennett Jackson is getting ready for the NFL Draft. Click the link above to read a conversation with Jackson.
- 2. Hockey – Islanders Move Lee To Top Line (Newsday)
Since being called up in February, Anders Lee has been on a tear for the New York Islanders. His stellar play has earned him a spot on the Islanders top attacking line. Click the link above to read more.
- 3. Men’s Soccer – Besler Named KC Sportsman of the Year (Soccerly)
Notre Dame men’s soccer alum Matt Besler was awarded Kansas City’s Sportsman of the Year on Wednesday by the Kansas City Sports Commission. Click the link above to read more.
TWEET THAT MADE ME CHUCKLE
— Notre Dame (@NotreDame) March 12, 2014
And it will be in the high 40’s on Friday … Spring Break is alive and well in South Bend!
NOTRE DAME-ISH VIDEO OF THE DAY
Greg Klazura and Mike Rose are in Zimbabwe for a Grassroot Soccer internship, but when Greg was back in the States (or Canada) he played in the MLS. Take a look at his “sort of accurate” history of the Whitecaps Kits. To read their most recent blog from Zimbabwe, click here.
TRIVIA QUESTION OF THE DAY
Question: As the Irish hockey team departs for Chestnut Hill (Mass.) today for a Hockey East quarterfinal matchup with Boston College, we ask the question – when was the last time Notre Dame beat Boston College twice in one season?
The answer to today’s trivia question will be found in tomorrow’s edition of Things I Found Interesting.
Previous Question: Who is the all-time leading scorer in Irish program history in the modern era of college basketball (played all four years with three-point line)? ANSWER: Luke Harangody – 2,476 points.
- Football. IRISH EXTRA: Loss to Louisville Can't Diminish Irish Ties
- M. Basketball. A Battle of Unbeatens As Notre Dame Meets Providence In Hall of Fame Tipoff Tournament
- Fencing. Notre Dame Finishes Day One of Penn State Open With Three Medalists
- Football. Notre Dame Football vs. Louisville Postgame Quotes
- Football. Notre Dame vs. Louisville- Postgame Notes
- Football. Irish Fall to Louisville, 31-28
- W. Soccer. #12/11 Clash With #5 Texas A&M In NCAA Championship Third Round Sunday
- M. Basketball. Notre Dame Men's Basketball Postgame Notes
- W. Basketball. #3/2 Irish Face Holy Cross Sunday In Hall Of Fame Challenge Opener
- Cross Country. Irish Women Finish 29th At NCAA Championships, Add All-American To Ranks
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- RT @NDMenSoccer: GAME DAY!!! #ComebyAlumni for our NCAA 2nd round game vs Ohio State at 7pm! #NDvsOSU http://t.co/Fa16ah34rD 24 minutes ago
- RT @NDSoccer: IT'S GAME DAY!! Road to the College Cup continues as Irish take on Texas A&M at 1:30 CT! #GoIrish #NDvTAMU http://t.co/6GbAmr… 24 minutes ago
- RT @LTorbin: When they say "Campus Crossroads construction begins on Sunday," they really mean it! http://t.co/jWBniiL67w 44 minutes ago
- Big game for @NDmenSoccer! 7pm ET at Alumni, they take on Ohio State in the 2nd round of the NCAAs. Game Primer- ntrda.me/1zOQrVn 48 minutes ago
- Once again, congratulations to @NDFencing @NDAlumni Alex Coccia @AlexCoccia7 on being named a 2015 #RhodesScholar. We couldn't be more proud 58 minutes ago