Mar 13, 2014, 10:33 AM EDT
Tuesday and Wednesday were eventful for former Irish student-athletes. On Wednesday, Golden Tate signed a free agent deal with the Detroit Lions for over 30 million dollars and Matt Besler captained Sporting KC to a CCL win, while on Tuesday Sergio Brown re-signed with the Indianapolis Colts.
On Wednesday, the Irish men’s basketball season came to an end after a 81-69 defeat in the first round of the ACC Tournament at the hands of Wake Forest.
We have put out some great original content on the Irish UNDerground this week.
The women’s basketball team loves the show Scandal. Freshman forward Kristina Nelson talks about the women’s basketball team’s favorite show (Click Here).
One of the largest group of seniors in past memory, Irish hockey head coach Jeff Jackson took a few seconds to talk about each one of the senior icers (Click Here).
Now, what did we miss …
- 1. Football – Q&A With Bennett Jackson (SI.com)
After finishing a great career in the Irish defensive backfield, Bennett Jackson is getting ready for the NFL Draft. Click the link above to read a conversation with Jackson.
- 2. Hockey – Islanders Move Lee To Top Line (Newsday)
Since being called up in February, Anders Lee has been on a tear for the New York Islanders. His stellar play has earned him a spot on the Islanders top attacking line. Click the link above to read more.
- 3. Men’s Soccer – Besler Named KC Sportsman of the Year (Soccerly)
Notre Dame men’s soccer alum Matt Besler was awarded Kansas City’s Sportsman of the Year on Wednesday by the Kansas City Sports Commission. Click the link above to read more.
TWEET THAT MADE ME CHUCKLE
— Notre Dame (@NotreDame) March 12, 2014
And it will be in the high 40’s on Friday … Spring Break is alive and well in South Bend!
NOTRE DAME-ISH VIDEO OF THE DAY
Greg Klazura and Mike Rose are in Zimbabwe for a Grassroot Soccer internship, but when Greg was back in the States (or Canada) he played in the MLS. Take a look at his “sort of accurate” history of the Whitecaps Kits. To read their most recent blog from Zimbabwe, click here.
TRIVIA QUESTION OF THE DAY
Question: As the Irish hockey team departs for Chestnut Hill (Mass.) today for a Hockey East quarterfinal matchup with Boston College, we ask the question – when was the last time Notre Dame beat Boston College twice in one season?
The answer to today’s trivia question will be found in tomorrow’s edition of Things I Found Interesting.
Previous Question: Who is the all-time leading scorer in Irish program history in the modern era of college basketball (played all four years with three-point line)? ANSWER: Luke Harangody – 2,476 points.
- Football. Thursday Night Classics Presented By TireRack.com Debuts Tonight
- Monogram Club. Deceased Members of the Irish Football Family To Be Honored Before Kickoff
- W. Volleyball. Irish Enter Second ACC Season With Plenty Of Veterans And New Faces
- W. Swimming. Kovenock Named Head Women's Swimming & Diving Coach At Brown
- W. Soccer. Pitch Points: Irish Evaluations From The Opening Week
- M. Basketball. Visits By Michigan State, Virginia, Duke and Syracuse Highlight 2014-15 Notre Dame Men's Basketball Home Slate
- Football. Collinsworth, Day, Martin and McDaniel Named 2014 Notre Dame Football Captains
- M. Soccer. Fighting Irish Embrace New Challenge In 2014
- W. Volleyball. The Opening Serve: Houser Named Preseason All-ACC
- Football. Notre Dame Offering Smartphone Upgrades For 2014 Fighting Irish Football Campaign
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- Time for @CoachBrianKelly's 1st radio show of the year! Still time to get a table at O'Rourke's… @WatchND- ntrda.me/BKradioShow828 #GoIrish 14 minutes ago
- RT @WatchND: The @CoachBrianKelly radio show presented by @tire_rack airs tonight @ 7PM ET on WatchND watchnd.tv/#!/shows/Brian… 15 minutes ago
- RT @NDvolleyball: 1st airplane selfie of the season. NDVBall has landed in the "Land of 10,000 Lakes." instagram.com/p/sQh7zslkD6/ 58 minutes ago
- Last but certainly not least... WYOMING, are you @ProudtobeND? #WYirish #NDFamily http://t.co/yc23TrVHxB 1 hour ago
- Don't forget, The Notre Dame Experience is open Saturday from 10-3:30 pm ET in the Joyce Center! Admission is free! http://t.co/mx7tuaoYeP 2 hours ago