May 7, 2014, 10:29 AM EDT
As a busy weekend of Notre Dame athletics is about to get underway shortly and the NFL Draft is slated to begin tomorrow night, let’s take a quick look at how our alums did in the professional ranks last night before getting into the “meat” of “Things I Found Interesting.”
Last night a pair of Notre Dame baseball alums saw action in the MLB. Jeff Manship of the Philadelphia Phillies tossed an inning of scoreless, no hit baseball in an extra inning loss for his squad. A.J. Pollock re-entered the lineup after five games off due to injury and notched a double and a walk in four appearances at the “dish.”
Now what did we miss …
1. Samardzija Has No Regret (Indianapolis Star)
Although he hasn’t been able to tally a win this season with the Cubs, Irish alum Jeff Samardzija has no regrets about choosing baseball over playing on the gridiron in the NFL. Click the link above to read more.
2. Kavanagh Leads Irish (WSBT)
Only two seasons into his career, sophomore Matt Kavanagh has already made his mark on the Notre Dame lacrosse program. Click the link above to read more.
3. Louis Replacing An All-Pro? (Boston Herald)
As the NFL Draft fast approaches on Thursday night, the mock drafts are ever changing. But we are not posting another one of those today, check out this story about the possibility of Louis Nix replacing Vince Wilfork Click the link above to read more.
Tweet Of The Day
— The Daily Domer (@DailyDomer) May 7, 2014
Notre Dame-ish Video Of The Day
This may not have ended well for Irish alum A.J. Pollock last year, but this year should be a different story.
Did You Know?
The 17 years prior to Brian Kelly coming to Notre Dame the Irish had FOUR student-athletes drafted in the first round. If just one of the three possible first round picks this year (Zach Martin, Louis Nix III, Stephon Tuitt) is drafted in the first round, he will then tie the previous 17 years in just four years.
— Michael Bertsch (@NDsidBertschy) May 6, 2014
- W. Soccer. Elizabeth Tucker from University of Notre Dame Named 2014 NCAA Woman of the Year
- M. Tennis. Irish Upset Irish, Earn Bid Into Doubles Championship At Midwest Regionals
- W. Golf. Irish Women's Golf Places 10th In Strong Mercedes-Benz Championship Field
- W. Tennis. Top Doubles Tandem Advances To Monday's USTA/ITA Midwest Regional Championship Match
- W. Rowing. Top 10 For Irish Championship Four Highlights Head Of The Charles Results
- W. Volleyball. Irish Rally From Down 2-0; Best BC In Five-Set Thriller
- Football. Brian Kelly Florida State Review Teleconference Transcript
- Football. Notre Dame vs. Florida State - Postgame Notes
- Football. No. 5 Irish Fall to No. 2 Florida State, 31-27
- M. Ice Hockey. Irish Hand Lake Superior State A 5-1 Loss To Sweep Weekend Series
Fighting Irish on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.