Jun 10, 2014, 11:15 AM EST
Not only has a former Notre Dame men’s soccer student-athlete landed on the ground in Brazil for the 2014 FIFA World Cup, but a few other alums are making their presence felt in the MLS.
After a storied career at Notre Dame, 2009 graduate Matt Besler was drafted by the Kansas City Wizards (now Sporting KC) of the MLS and now is a member of the United States Men’s National Team. Over the weekend, the USMNT landed in Brazil for the 2014 World Cup and will begin play next Monday.
In MLS news, two alums of Notre Dame added to their accounts this weekend.
The frontrunner for the MLS Rookie of the Year award, Harrison Shipp has put even more room between him and the others after his two-goal performance for the Chicago Fire last weekend.
After a two-assist performance the week prior, Powers continued his helping ways by bending an in-swinger into the box onto the head of a Rapids midfielder who nestled the ball in the back of the net.
Morrow checked into last week’s contest with the San Jose Earthquake with his Toronto FC club up 1-0 in the 81st minute. Morrow helped shut the door on the Earthquake and secure three points for Toronto.
- Baseball. Baseball Announces Elite 2015 Schedule
- M. Lacrosse. Notre Dame Debuts At #2 In Inside Lacrosse Preseason Poll
- Football. Kelly Cares Foundation, Irish Football Donate $10,000 To Food Bank Of Northern Indiana
- W. Lacrosse. Women's Lacrosse Announces 2015 Schedule
- Football. IRISH EXTRA: Huarte Celebrates 50 Years Since Heisman Trophy Win
- M. Lacrosse. Fighting Irish Picked To Defend ACC Title
- W. Basketball. Notre Dame Women's Basketball Guard Jewell Loyd Named National And Conference Player of the Week
- M. Soccer. Nick Besler And Luke Mishu Invited To MLS Combine
- Fencing. Irish Extra: New Notre Dame Fencing Boss Knows All the Right Moves
- M. Basketball. IRISH EXTRA: ACC Opener Earns High Marks for Brey's Crew
Fighting Irish on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.