Jul 5, 2012, 2:24 PM EDT
When it comes to sports, we have our differences. What’s the best rivalry in sports? Who’s better: Kobe or LeBron? What’s the greatest individual accomplishment in baseball history? The list goes on…
But if there’s one thing most of us can agree on, it’s that the Olympic Games are awesome. In the weeks leading up to London, SI.com is counting down the top 100 memorable U.S. Summer Olympic moments.
Coming in at #89 is none other than Notre Dame’s own, Mariel Zagunis, who made Olympic history in 2004 by defeating Chinese fencer Xue Tan to capture America’s first fencing gold medal in 100 years.
Check out the SI.com site for more on Zagunis’ Olympic glory (When you visit the site, click each of the photos to learn more).
You might as well go ahead and bookmark it now. SI will be releasing the remaining twenty moments, one per day, beginning on July 7 and continuing until the eve of the Games of the XXX Olympiad.
- Fencing. Stabrawa Named Fencing's Director of Operations
- M. Ice Hockey. Irish Hockey Announces 2017-18 Schedule
- M. Soccer. Irish Release 2017 Soccer Slate
- M. Ice Hockey. Peeke And St. Cyr Invited To USA Camp
- Softball. Bazos To Represent Greece At Euro Championship
- Track & Field. Father’s Day: Running In The Aragon Family
- W. Tennis. Thompson Tapped To Lead Gophers As Head Coach
- Baseball. Irish Trio Of Bielak, Ruibal & Lidge Drafted
- M. Lacrosse. Epple Invited To U.S. National Team Tryouts
- W. Rowing. Boxberger Named CRCA Pocock All-American
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- ☘️ YEAR IN REVIEW: Top-10 GIFs #10 - @NDMenSoccer's ACC Offensive Player of the Year Jon Gallagher led @theACC in… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 11 hours ago
- ☘️ YEAR IN REVIEW: Top-10 Videos #10-Attention to detail 1st. Then work on the bigger picture. Josh Adams shows… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 12 hours ago
- 🏈 Countdown to Kickoff: 73 Days Flashback to the 1973 Sugar Bowl. When unbeaten @NDFootball downed #1 Alabama for… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 13 hours ago
- ☘YEAR IN REVIEW: Top-10 Moments #10 - Steve Vasturia's 3-pointer with 2.5 seconds left in overtime clinches @NDmbb… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 17 hours ago
- ☘️ YEAR IN REVIEW: Top-10 Articles #10 - Davis Lamb wins match vs Seton Hall for @NDMensGolf tournament title. und.com/sports/m-golf/… 17 hours ago