Jul 26, 2012, 3:30 PM EST
We’re down to our final two, in preparation for next week’s Google+ Hangout with Director of Athletics Jack Swarbrick. This afternoon’s panelist is Ed Jordanich, who will bring a different perspective to the conversation. While six of our participants are bloggers, Ed is the co-host of Dome and Domer, a fan-based Notre Dame sports podcast (Subscribe on iTunes).
What is your connection to Notre Dame? (If you are an alum, what dorm did you live in?)
Townie. Class of ’89 (as in 12-0, #1, national champions class of ’89). Dillon Hall.
What got you podcasting about Notre Dame?
Guys I went to high school with, Mike Sullivan (’90), his brother Ed Sullivan (’93 J.D.), and Mike Brammer (’90) started the podcast. Mike asked me to sub a couple times and then when he started working for the university, I joined Brammer on a regular basis.
When did your podcast first launch?
Tell us about your podcast. Why should Irish fans want to listen to it?
It’s just two guys who grew up in South Bend and have a pretty good historical knowledge of Notre Dame, especially the football program, talking about the games, players, coaching decisions, big plays, and opponents, just like any of us do with our friends, etc. We are fans, we’re homers, we want ol’ Notre Dame to win over all….but we love to argue and debate and analyze and, yes, criticize, from time to time…just like all fans do about their favorite teams.
What is your favorite thing about game day at Notre Dame?
My favorite thing about game day is waking up on a Saturday morning and that feeling in the air of kickoff being just a few hours away and the anticipation I’ve had every fall around here since I was a little kid — there’s nothing like it. And I love the texts and calls I start getting/sending from/to buddies around the country getting us fired up and laughing at the same lines and wisecracks we’ve always traded and knowing they’re feeling the same way I am that morning, wherever they are and whatever they’re doing in their adult lives.
- Football. Sunday Brunch: Irish Defeat Came That Close to Victory
- Football. Notre Dame Vs. Stanford Postgame Notes
- Football. No. 4 Notre Dame falls to No. 13 Stanford 38-36
- M. Ice Hockey. No. 18 Irish Bounce Back to Defeat Western Michigan 3-1
- M. Basketball. Notre Dame Meets Alabama In Final Game Of 2015 AdvoCare Invitational
- W. Basketball. Inside The Game: #3 Notre Dame 92, UCLA 84 (OT)
- W. Basketball. #3 Irish Defeat UCLA 92-84 in Overtime
- M. Soccer. Keys To The Game: NCAA Championship Round of 16
- M. Basketball. Postgame Notes
- M. Basketball. Notre Dame Vs. Iowa Quotes
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- 🍀 3RD PERIOD STUNNER #18 @NDHockey beats Western Michigan 3-1, with two goals scored in the last 5 minutes of play amp.twimg.com/v/9dbda5ab-182… 3 hours ago
- Sanders' Run: ✔️ Fuller's Catch: ✔️ Kizer's TD: ✔️ See the Top Plays of @NDFootball's battle with Stanford amp.twimg.com/v/541e47e9-1df… 11 hours ago
- 🏈 It's been a remarkable season for Team 127. See the highlights of their final regular season battle vs. Stanford. amp.twimg.com/v/f4cf0744-2a7… 20 hours ago
- 🏈 DESHONE KIZER FOR THE TD! LET'S GO! #6 @NDFootball - 36 #9 Stanford - 35 https://t.co/Do7BcTLVtn 22 hours ago
- RT @WWESheamus: What a Touchdown ND. C'mon da Irish. @NotreDame @FightingIrish #NDvsSTAN 23 hours ago