Jul 26, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
We’re down to our final two, in preparation for next week’s Google+ Hangout with Director of Athletics Jack Swarbrick. This afternoon’s panelist is Ed Jordanich, who will bring a different perspective to the conversation. While six of our participants are bloggers, Ed is the co-host of Dome and Domer, a fan-based Notre Dame sports podcast (Subscribe on iTunes).
What is your connection to Notre Dame? (If you are an alum, what dorm did you live in?)
Townie. Class of ’89 (as in 12-0, #1, national champions class of ’89). Dillon Hall.
What got you podcasting about Notre Dame?
Guys I went to high school with, Mike Sullivan (’90), his brother Ed Sullivan (’93 J.D.), and Mike Brammer (’90) started the podcast. Mike asked me to sub a couple times and then when he started working for the university, I joined Brammer on a regular basis.
When did your podcast first launch?
Tell us about your podcast. Why should Irish fans want to listen to it?
It’s just two guys who grew up in South Bend and have a pretty good historical knowledge of Notre Dame, especially the football program, talking about the games, players, coaching decisions, big plays, and opponents, just like any of us do with our friends, etc. We are fans, we’re homers, we want ol’ Notre Dame to win over all….but we love to argue and debate and analyze and, yes, criticize, from time to time…just like all fans do about their favorite teams.
What is your favorite thing about game day at Notre Dame?
My favorite thing about game day is waking up on a Saturday morning and that feeling in the air of kickoff being just a few hours away and the anticipation I’ve had every fall around here since I was a little kid — there’s nothing like it. And I love the texts and calls I start getting/sending from/to buddies around the country getting us fired up and laughing at the same lines and wisecracks we’ve always traded and knowing they’re feeling the same way I am that morning, wherever they are and whatever they’re doing in their adult lives.
- Football. Eyes Will Be Upon #10 Notre Dame, Texas
- W. Volleyball. Irish Volleyball Quick Out of the Gate
- W. Soccer. #12 Irish Solid In 3-0 Victory Over Western Michigan
- M. Soccer. #9 Irish Stymie New Mexico 1-0, Claim Berticelli Tourney
- M. Soccer. Notre Dame-New Mexico Men's Soccer Match Postponed Until 6 P.M. (ET)
- W. Soccer. Western Michigan Match Postponed Due To Lightning
- Football. Sunday Brunch: 20 Questions on Notre Dame Football 2016
- W. Soccer. What To Watch For: Western Michigan
- W. Volleyball. Irish Sweep Broncos, Off To Best Start In Five Years
- W. Volleyball. Sweep Of Cleveland State Sends Irish To 2-0
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- RT @FightingIrish: 🏈Throwback to the '78 Cotton Bowl. When 5th ranked @NDFootball crushed #1 Texas to claim the 1977 National Title. https… 3 hours ago
- 🏈@NDFootball's Justin Yoon has made 12 straight field goals. It's the 4th-longest streak at ND. 👀@jkicker19 https://t.co/cVNRtOOulj 5 hours ago
- 🏈Throwback to the '78 Cotton Bowl. When 5th ranked @NDFootball crushed #1 Texas to claim the 1977 National Title. amp.twimg.com/v/8227659e-609… 9 hours ago
- ☘ The Brian Kelly Press Conference is LIVE. Hear Coach Kelly talk about ND vs Texas. WATCH: watchnd.tv/#!/shows/Brian… https://t.co/U5HDk2ERn1 12 hours ago
- RT @FightingIrish: ⚽️ FINAL Notre Dame 3 | Western Michigan 0 @NDSoccer wins its 3rd home game of the season. 📽 Top-5 Moments https://t.… 14 hours ago