Jul 26, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
We’re down to our final two, in preparation for next week’s Google+ Hangout with Director of Athletics Jack Swarbrick. This afternoon’s panelist is Ed Jordanich, who will bring a different perspective to the conversation. While six of our participants are bloggers, Ed is the co-host of Dome and Domer, a fan-based Notre Dame sports podcast (Subscribe on iTunes).
What is your connection to Notre Dame? (If you are an alum, what dorm did you live in?)
Townie. Class of ’89 (as in 12-0, #1, national champions class of ’89). Dillon Hall.
What got you podcasting about Notre Dame?
Guys I went to high school with, Mike Sullivan (’90), his brother Ed Sullivan (’93 J.D.), and Mike Brammer (’90) started the podcast. Mike asked me to sub a couple times and then when he started working for the university, I joined Brammer on a regular basis.
When did your podcast first launch?
Tell us about your podcast. Why should Irish fans want to listen to it?
It’s just two guys who grew up in South Bend and have a pretty good historical knowledge of Notre Dame, especially the football program, talking about the games, players, coaching decisions, big plays, and opponents, just like any of us do with our friends, etc. We are fans, we’re homers, we want ol’ Notre Dame to win over all….but we love to argue and debate and analyze and, yes, criticize, from time to time…just like all fans do about their favorite teams.
What is your favorite thing about game day at Notre Dame?
My favorite thing about game day is waking up on a Saturday morning and that feeling in the air of kickoff being just a few hours away and the anticipation I’ve had every fall around here since I was a little kid — there’s nothing like it. And I love the texts and calls I start getting/sending from/to buddies around the country getting us fired up and laughing at the same lines and wisecracks we’ve always traded and knowing they’re feeling the same way I am that morning, wherever they are and whatever they’re doing in their adult lives.
- W. Lacrosse. Incoming Freshmen Play for World Championship on Sat.
- W. Swimming. Irish Stars Thrive On International Swimming Stage
- W. Golf. Cool, Confident Hamilton Matures in Wyndham Cup Debut
- W. Volleyball. How To Watch Irish Volleyball Matches In 2015
- W. Soccer. Irish, ACC Release Expanded Broadcast Schedule
- M. Golf. Irish Earn A 2015 GCAA Team Academic Award
- Monogram Club. First Person: Danielle Green's ESPY Moment
- W. Basketball. First Person: Danielle Greenâ€™s ESPY Moment
- M. Soccer. Abundance Of Soccer On Air
- Baseball. Cavan Biggio Named A Cape Cod League All-Star
Fighting Irish on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.