Jul 31, 2012, 10:54 PM EDT
For those who tuned into our Google+ Hangout with Jack Swarbrick this evening, you probably noticed that the live stream disconnected after approximately 30 minutes.
The computer that was hosting the Hangout was set up on our wireless secure network. Unfortunately, the Internet went out on the network and the host computer was disconnected from the chat. This computer, as the host, was recording the Hangout, so when the Internet crashed, so did the recording.
In an effort to keep the energy of the chat flowing, we moved Jack Swarbrick to Jack Nolan’s computer, a computer that was not connected to ND_secure, and thus was not affected by the crash.
The chat continued without affecting the participants, so we hoped that this meant that it would also continue recording. Unfortunately, the host computer was the only computer that could record the Hangout.
We have asked the participants to post their accounts of the chats, so hopefully everyone who tuned in will be able to hear the questions they missed.
We thank the panel for their participation, and the people who tuned in for their patience.
In the mean time, you can watch the first part of the Hangout on our YouTube channel.
- W. Rowing. Championship Eight, Four Compete At Head Of The Charles
- W. Volleyball. Irish Stun Miami In Incredible 3-2 Comeback Victory
- M. Tennis. Lebedev Falls In ITA Midwest Regional Quarterfinal
- Football. Replay: Trojans No Match for Physical Irish
- M. Golf. Irish to Compete in Final Fall Tournament
- W. Soccer. Irish Complete Sweep Through Florida With 2-1 Win Over Miami
- Football. Irish Bring Home Shillelagh in Emphatic 49-14 Win
- M. Tennis. Lebedev Advances At ITA Midwest Regional Championships
- Football. Championship Road Runs Through South Bend
- W. Rowing. Club Four Finishes Eighth At Head Of The Charles
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- "We knew we had to out-execute these guys." Daelin Hayes knew what had to be done to secure @NDFootball's victory… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- Bright lights, big stage, all Irish. No. 1️⃣3️⃣ @NDFootball downed No. 1️⃣1️⃣ USC under the lights at Notre Dame S… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- No. 1️⃣3️⃣ @NDFootball's win vs. USC is the largest win against a top-20 team since 1992. #GoIrish und.com/sports/m-footb… 4 hours ago
- Junior @NDMensTennis player Alex Lebedev advanced at the ITA Midwest Regional Championships. #GoIrish und.com/sports/m-tenni… 5 hours ago
- The Irish look for their third win in the last four matches as @NDSoccer takes on Miami. #GoIrish und.com/sports/w-socce… 7 hours ago