Jul 31, 2012, 6:17 PM EST
Another busy day in London for the Irish (…or should we say LoNDon?).
Three former Irish women’s soccer players earned spots in Friday’s quarterfinals as Canada and the United States advanced. Read more about Melissa Tancredi (’04), Candace Chapman (’05) and Shannon Boxx (’99) in today’s update on our soccer blog, Irish United.
Junior Natalie Achonwa returns to the court tomorrow when Canada meets France in Group B play. Better wake up early if you’re hoping to catch this one, as it starts at 4:00 am ET. Watch it live on the NBC Olympic Basketball Channel before you head off to work.
Finally, two-time defending gold medalist Mariel Zagunis will return to the piste when the women’s individual sabre preliminary rounds begin at 8:10 am ET on MSNBC.
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- ✅ Philadelphia Invitational National champions @NDFencing turned in a 5-1 mark to cap successful East Coast weeken… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 30 minutes ago
- No. 12 @NDHockey left the @UnitedCenter in Chicago with two points against Wisconsin. Check out all the highlights… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
- ✌️ double-doubles. ☝️ ACC victory. No. 1 @NDwbb grounded Boston College at home, 92-63, and picked up its 1️⃣1️⃣th… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 hours ago
- “Be the kind of person who not only understands the injustices of this life, but is also willing to do something ab… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 hours ago
- 😍 No. 12 @NDHockey’s ready for a Big Ten clash with Wisconsin at the @UnitedCenter. 📺Big Ten Network #GoIrish https://t.co/JImhg70Nfx 19 hours ago