Aug 9, 2012, 5:07 PM EST
It’s sad to say, but there are only a couple days left in the 2012 Olympics. Here’s our latest update on the Irish in London. Only 1,456 days until Rio…
Nigeria’s Selim Nurudeen (’05) reached the semifinals in the 110-meter hurdles, finishing fifth in his heat with a time of 13.55 seconds.
Nurudeen’s time was just short of the personal record he set in Tuesday’s prelims (13.51), but not enough to earn him a place in the finals.
Still, the former Irish All-American improved on his quarterfinal finish from the 2008 Olympics in Beijing.
It was a huge day for Melissa Tancredi (’04), Candace Chapman (’05) and Shannon Boxx (’99) as all three former Irish soccer players earned medals. Tancredi and Chapman helped Canada to the bronze, while Boxx earned her third straight gold medal with Team U.S.A. Read all about the special day on Irish United.
Five Notre Dame athletes have medaled at the 2012 Games. In addition to the Irish soccer stars, senior Courtney Hurley and her sister, Kelley Hurley (’10) won bronze in the team epee competition on Saturday.
Tomorrow, Molly Huddle (’06) will run in the 5,000-meter finals at 3:05 pm ET. On Tuesday, Huddle finished sixth in her preliminary heat (15:02.26). Watch the race live at NBCOlympics.com or tape-delayed on NBC at 12:35 am ET (8/11).
Good luck, Molly. Go Irish.
- M. Soccer. Sunday Brunch: The Riley Era-Long Time in the Making
- Swimming & Diving. #22 Irish Complete ACC Sweep At #20/25 FSU
- M. Basketball. Mooney's Career Day Not Enough In Loss At Clemson
- Track & Field. Shead, Irish race to top-three finishes at Notre Dame Invitational
- Fencing. Irish Fencers Find Success At St. John's Invitational
- W. Basketball. No. 5 Irish Look to Carry Momentum into Clemson Game Sunday
- M. Ice Hockey. Replay: Irish Hockey Rolls On
- M. Ice Hockey. #1 Irish Down #18 Wisconsin 4-2 For 16th Straight Win
- Swimming & Diving. #22 Irish In Control After Day 1 At #20/25 FSU
- M. Tennis. Irish Romp In 6-1 Victory Over Spartans
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- The nation's top-ranked hockey team, @NDHockey, faces Wisconsin, Sunday at 3 p.m. ET at Chicago's @UnitedCenter.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 13 minutes ago
- In its first game since downing No. 6 Tennessee, No. 5 @ndwbb closes out a three-game homestand with Clemson, Sunda… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 52 minutes ago
- "It's a big venue and a big situation." No. 1 @NDHockey and its program-best 16-game winning streak heads north to… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- The last time @ndwbb hit the court, the No. 5 Irish battled back for a W against No. 6 Tennessee in the fifth best… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- A hug is worth a thousand words. 📸: @ndwbb #NationalHuggingDay #GoIrish https://t.co/Wr0QrMAFag 5 hours ago