Aug 15, 2012, 1:02 PM EST
After graduating in May 2011, I arrived back on campus one year ago today to begin interning with Fighting Irish Digital Media in the Notre Dame athletic department.
It’s been an exciting year for me – blogging, tweeting, Facebooking, and even some video editing, assisting in the broadcast truck, and running camera (during our first-ever live swimming stream).
Reflecting back on the past year, I've been privileged to attend countless memorable events involving Notre Dame athletics. It’s impossible to include them all, but here’s a look at five blog posts from some of the most unforgettable experiences I’ve had while working with FIDM:
- Worth The Wait at Frank Eck Stadium: After a two-hour rain delay, Ryan Bull’s walk-off home run helped the Irish defeat Pittsburgh.
- Great Night At Compton: In front of a sellout crowd and a rowdy student section, the Irish hockey team shut out Michigan State, 2-0.
- Irish Give Kids The World: During the Champs Sports Bowl trip, the Notre Dame football team spent a morning with children who have life-threatening illnesses and their families.
- Graduation In The City of Brotherly Love: Away from campus for the NCAA quarterfinals, the men’s lacrosse program had its own graduation ceremony for 12 student-athletes.
- Incredible: January 21, 2012. Purcell Pavilion. Enough said.
From Lou and Ara to Tim Brown and Johnny Lattner, I’ve had the chance to meet numerous Notre Dame legends. I attended a Notre Dame Pep Rally on the National Mall. I shot hoops with Father Pete (Rev. Peter McCormick, C.S.C., men’s basketball chaplain and Keough Hall rector) on the court at Madison Square Garden. These, just a few of the special opportunities I feel blessed to have had.
I’m honored and grateful to be a part of the Notre Dame athletic department and FIDM team, and look forward to what’s ahead in 2012-13. There’s no place in the world quite like ND, and I’m excited to be able to keep bringing you the inside, or should I say, UNDerground scoop on the Fighting Irish this season.
- M. Basketball. Notre Dame Comes Up Short Against Hurricanes, 77-74
- Baseball. Gilgenbach Garners ACC Co-Player of the Week Honors
- M. Ice Hockey. Michigan Holds On For 1-0 Victory Over Notre Dame
- W. Tennis. Irish Sweep To Doubleheader Victories Over Indiana, Wright State
- M. Basketball. Notre Dame vs. Miami - Five Things To Know
- Baseball. Gilgenbach's Two-Homer Day Takes Series At No. 9 LSU
- M. Tennis. #22 Irish Drop 4-3 Heartbreaker To #20 Blue Devils
- W. Basketball. No. 5 Irish Wrap Last Road Game with 89-55 Win at Boston College
- W. Lacrosse. No. 16 Notre Dame blows by Stetson, 21-7
- Softball. #RV Irish Go 3-1 Versus #14 Minny, #20 UM At B1G/ACC
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- No. 5 @ndwbb brought home a win from its final road trip of the year. Take a behind-the-scenes look 👀 at the Iris… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 8 hours ago
- ✌️ #Gilgenbombs = ☝️ ACC Co-Player of the Week award for Gilgenbach! @NDBaseball's Eric Gilgenbach hit two home ru… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 9 hours ago
- Matt Farrell’s ready and so are the Irish. Catch @NDmbb vs. Miami, LIVE on #BigMonday at 7 p.m. ET on ESPN.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 11 hours ago
- #BigMonday is back! After @NDmbb beat Boston College on the road, the Irish return home to take on Monday at 7 p.m… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 11 hours ago
- We couldn't let #PresidentsDay pass without honoring one of our all-time great alumni, President Jed Bartlet.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 12 hours ago