Aug 15, 2012, 1:02 PM EDT
After graduating in May 2011, I arrived back on campus one year ago today to begin interning with Fighting Irish Digital Media in the Notre Dame athletic department.
It’s been an exciting year for me – blogging, tweeting, Facebooking, and even some video editing, assisting in the broadcast truck, and running camera (during our first-ever live swimming stream).
Reflecting back on the past year, I've been privileged to attend countless memorable events involving Notre Dame athletics. It’s impossible to include them all, but here’s a look at five blog posts from some of the most unforgettable experiences I’ve had while working with FIDM:
- Worth The Wait at Frank Eck Stadium: After a two-hour rain delay, Ryan Bull’s walk-off home run helped the Irish defeat Pittsburgh.
- Great Night At Compton: In front of a sellout crowd and a rowdy student section, the Irish hockey team shut out Michigan State, 2-0.
- Irish Give Kids The World: During the Champs Sports Bowl trip, the Notre Dame football team spent a morning with children who have life-threatening illnesses and their families.
- Graduation In The City of Brotherly Love: Away from campus for the NCAA quarterfinals, the men’s lacrosse program had its own graduation ceremony for 12 student-athletes.
- Incredible: January 21, 2012. Purcell Pavilion. Enough said.
From Lou and Ara to Tim Brown and Johnny Lattner, I’ve had the chance to meet numerous Notre Dame legends. I attended a Notre Dame Pep Rally on the National Mall. I shot hoops with Father Pete (Rev. Peter McCormick, C.S.C., men’s basketball chaplain and Keough Hall rector) on the court at Madison Square Garden. These, just a few of the special opportunities I feel blessed to have had.
I’m honored and grateful to be a part of the Notre Dame athletic department and FIDM team, and look forward to what’s ahead in 2012-13. There’s no place in the world quite like ND, and I’m excited to be able to keep bringing you the inside, or should I say, UNDerground scoop on the Fighting Irish this season.
- Football. Quenton Nelson, Mike McGlinchey Named Preseason Associated Press All-Americans
- M. Soccer. #10 Irish Outrun Valpo 3-0 In Grassroot Soccer Clash
- W. Basketball. Visual Look Back at Ogunbowale's Trip to Tokyo
- W. Volleyball. Notre Dame Volleyball Season Preview
- Football. Notre Dame Stadium: It's a Go
- W. Soccer. Offense Erupts in #18 Notre Dame's 4-0 Win
- Football. Bob Elliott: A Warrior for All Seasons
- Football. Limited Tickets Remain for Irish Football Home Opener Versus Temple
- M. Soccer. #10 Irish, Valpo Clash In Annual Grassroot Soccer Contest
- W. Soccer. #18 Irish, Butler Draw 0-0 In 2017 Lid-Lifter
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- 📚 The first day of classes is complete and our students are home under the dome. Here's to a new school year! https://t.co/vAkGqiGk9K 5 hours ago
- 🏈 INSIDE NOTRE DAME STADIUM Here's a look at the renovated restrooms! #NDBiggerThanBrick https://t.co/gcKD1V4heT 8 hours ago
- ☘ Stadium Updates We renovated the restrooms at Notre Dame Stadium. Check back soon to see the interior!… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 11 hours ago
- ⚽️ ND TAKES DOWN VALPO! #10 @NDMenSoccer downs Valpo 3-0 in annual Grassroot Soccer game. 📽 Highlights https://t.co/5v6zVelR07 14 hours ago
- "We're right where we need to be." @NDSportsBlogger interviewed D-Lineman Daelin Hayes after Sunday's New & Gold G… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago