Aug 15, 2012, 1:02 PM EDT
After graduating in May 2011, I arrived back on campus one year ago today to begin interning with Fighting Irish Digital Media in the Notre Dame athletic department.
It’s been an exciting year for me – blogging, tweeting, Facebooking, and even some video editing, assisting in the broadcast truck, and running camera (during our first-ever live swimming stream).
Reflecting back on the past year, I've been privileged to attend countless memorable events involving Notre Dame athletics. It’s impossible to include them all, but here’s a look at five blog posts from some of the most unforgettable experiences I’ve had while working with FIDM:
- Worth The Wait at Frank Eck Stadium: After a two-hour rain delay, Ryan Bull’s walk-off home run helped the Irish defeat Pittsburgh.
- Great Night At Compton: In front of a sellout crowd and a rowdy student section, the Irish hockey team shut out Michigan State, 2-0.
- Irish Give Kids The World: During the Champs Sports Bowl trip, the Notre Dame football team spent a morning with children who have life-threatening illnesses and their families.
- Graduation In The City of Brotherly Love: Away from campus for the NCAA quarterfinals, the men’s lacrosse program had its own graduation ceremony for 12 student-athletes.
- Incredible: January 21, 2012. Purcell Pavilion. Enough said.
From Lou and Ara to Tim Brown and Johnny Lattner, I’ve had the chance to meet numerous Notre Dame legends. I attended a Notre Dame Pep Rally on the National Mall. I shot hoops with Father Pete (Rev. Peter McCormick, C.S.C., men’s basketball chaplain and Keough Hall rector) on the court at Madison Square Garden. These, just a few of the special opportunities I feel blessed to have had.
I’m honored and grateful to be a part of the Notre Dame athletic department and FIDM team, and look forward to what’s ahead in 2012-13. There’s no place in the world quite like ND, and I’m excited to be able to keep bringing you the inside, or should I say, UNDerground scoop on the Fighting Irish this season.
- W. Volleyball. Notre Dame Volleyball Unveils 2018 Schedule
- M. Golf. Two Irish Golfers Named to All-ACC Academic Team
- Track & Field. Harris Named First Team Academic All-American
- Football. WATCH: Freshmen Move In
- W. Golf. Irish Trio Earn 2018 All-ACC Academic Team Honors
- M. Ice Hockey. Brauer Signs With South Carolina Stingrays
- W. Soccer. Challenging 2018 Schedule Announced For Women's Soccer
- W. Basketball. Women's Basketball Nominated for Three ESPYS
- Track & Field. Irish Set To Compete At USA Track & Field Championships
- M. Ice Hockey. Irish Announce Incoming Class
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- ✔️ ACC All-American 📚 ✔️ @NotreDame theology grad 🎓 ✔️ NCAA Outdoor Championships competitor 👟 Now, @NDXCTF's Je… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 55 minutes ago
- RT for a chance to win! ☝️ night at the @MorrisInnND ✌️ @NDmbb tickets 🎟 When you come to campus to catch the Iri… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 hours ago
- 9️⃣ new skaters, 1️⃣ stellar freshman class. Meet the new @NDHockey student-athletes you'll love watching on the i… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 hours ago
- The #NDFamily is everywhere! 🇪🇸 As @NDLacrosse took in the sights of Madrid, @NotreDame alum Matthew Kineen taught… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 20 hours ago
- 🏀 Best Team ☑️ @ndwbb 🏀 Best Moment ☑️ @ndwbb 🏀 Best Play ☑️ @ndwbb Yep, you know who we're voting for. Give… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 22 hours ago