Aug 15, 2012, 1:02 PM EST
After graduating in May 2011, I arrived back on campus one year ago today to begin interning with Fighting Irish Digital Media in the Notre Dame athletic department.
It’s been an exciting year for me – blogging, tweeting, Facebooking, and even some video editing, assisting in the broadcast truck, and running camera (during our first-ever live swimming stream).
Reflecting back on the past year, I've been privileged to attend countless memorable events involving Notre Dame athletics. It’s impossible to include them all, but here’s a look at five blog posts from some of the most unforgettable experiences I’ve had while working with FIDM:
- Worth The Wait at Frank Eck Stadium: After a two-hour rain delay, Ryan Bull’s walk-off home run helped the Irish defeat Pittsburgh.
- Great Night At Compton: In front of a sellout crowd and a rowdy student section, the Irish hockey team shut out Michigan State, 2-0.
- Irish Give Kids The World: During the Champs Sports Bowl trip, the Notre Dame football team spent a morning with children who have life-threatening illnesses and their families.
- Graduation In The City of Brotherly Love: Away from campus for the NCAA quarterfinals, the men’s lacrosse program had its own graduation ceremony for 12 student-athletes.
- Incredible: January 21, 2012. Purcell Pavilion. Enough said.
From Lou and Ara to Tim Brown and Johnny Lattner, I’ve had the chance to meet numerous Notre Dame legends. I attended a Notre Dame Pep Rally on the National Mall. I shot hoops with Father Pete (Rev. Peter McCormick, C.S.C., men’s basketball chaplain and Keough Hall rector) on the court at Madison Square Garden. These, just a few of the special opportunities I feel blessed to have had.
I’m honored and grateful to be a part of the Notre Dame athletic department and FIDM team, and look forward to what’s ahead in 2012-13. There’s no place in the world quite like ND, and I’m excited to be able to keep bringing you the inside, or should I say, UNDerground scoop on the Fighting Irish this season.
- W. Basketball. No. 2 Irish Renew Border Battle with (-/RV) DePaul
- W. Soccer. A Look Back: 2017 Top Moments
- General News. Irish Student-Athletes Celebrate 21st Annual Pediatric Christmas Party
- M. Basketball. #Breyteen - Irish Outlast Butler In Overtime Thriller
- W. Basketball. Three Former Irish Named to 2017-20 USA National Team Pool
- W. Soccer. Yu Named Scholar All-American
- Football. Mike McGlinchey Named 101st Consensus All-American In School History
- M. Lacrosse. Notre Dame Announces Details For Annual NDLaxTV National Coaching Clinic
- M. Basketball. Notre Dame vs. Indiana - Five Things To Know
- Football. Quenton Nelson Named 34th Unanimous All-American In School History
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- ✅ 7️⃣ games with over 💯 rush yards ✅ 9️⃣ TDs ✅ 8️⃣5️⃣-yard TD vs. USC @NDFootball's Josh Adams was named the Of… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 59 minutes ago
- Time to hoop with the Hoosiers. The #CrossroadsClassic tips off at 2:30 p.m. ET when @NDmbb faces Indiana. 📺 FOX… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- And the winner is... Check out all the award 🏆 winners from @NDFootball's annual awards show, Echoes. ⤵️… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- Out with the old. Tumbling in with the new. Send a volley cheer on high because @NDCheerTeam's new uniforms will… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 hours ago
- Welcome to Indiana basketball. @NDmbb heads to Indianapolis to take on the rival Hoosiers at 2:30 p.m. ET for the… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 hours ago