Aug 15, 2012, 1:02 PM EDT
After graduating in May 2011, I arrived back on campus one year ago today to begin interning with Fighting Irish Digital Media in the Notre Dame athletic department.
It’s been an exciting year for me – blogging, tweeting, Facebooking, and even some video editing, assisting in the broadcast truck, and running camera (during our first-ever live swimming stream).
Reflecting back on the past year, I've been privileged to attend countless memorable events involving Notre Dame athletics. It’s impossible to include them all, but here’s a look at five blog posts from some of the most unforgettable experiences I’ve had while working with FIDM:
- Worth The Wait at Frank Eck Stadium: After a two-hour rain delay, Ryan Bull’s walk-off home run helped the Irish defeat Pittsburgh.
- Great Night At Compton: In front of a sellout crowd and a rowdy student section, the Irish hockey team shut out Michigan State, 2-0.
- Irish Give Kids The World: During the Champs Sports Bowl trip, the Notre Dame football team spent a morning with children who have life-threatening illnesses and their families.
- Graduation In The City of Brotherly Love: Away from campus for the NCAA quarterfinals, the men’s lacrosse program had its own graduation ceremony for 12 student-athletes.
- Incredible: January 21, 2012. Purcell Pavilion. Enough said.
From Lou and Ara to Tim Brown and Johnny Lattner, I’ve had the chance to meet numerous Notre Dame legends. I attended a Notre Dame Pep Rally on the National Mall. I shot hoops with Father Pete (Rev. Peter McCormick, C.S.C., men’s basketball chaplain and Keough Hall rector) on the court at Madison Square Garden. These, just a few of the special opportunities I feel blessed to have had.
I’m honored and grateful to be a part of the Notre Dame athletic department and FIDM team, and look forward to what’s ahead in 2012-13. There’s no place in the world quite like ND, and I’m excited to be able to keep bringing you the inside, or should I say, UNDerground scoop on the Fighting Irish this season.
- Football. Tranquill Named Wuerffel Trophy Nominee
- M. Basketball. Coach Brey Press Conference - October 19, 2017
- M. Soccer. #12 Irish Honor Seniors, Take On #15 Duke Friday
- W. Volleyball. Sunshine State Bound: The Irish Are Set To Play FSU And Miami This Weekend
- Swimming & Diving. Swimming & Diving Welcomes Georgia Tech on Friday
- W. Basketball. Irish Selected as ACC Preseason Favorites Once Again
- Football. Notre Dame-USC Preview: The Unrivaled Rivalry
- M. Lacrosse. NYC Networking Trip Up Next On Notre Dame Lacrosse Fall Experience
- M. Tennis. Irish Set To Compete At ITA Midwest Regional Championships
- W. Basketball. Trio to Represent Irish at ACC Media Day
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- It's never been more dramatic than it is today. On Saturday, @NDFootball & USC showdown for the Shillelagh Trophy… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- "I can't wait to send USC back to LA [...] with a big loss." Mayor @PeteButtigieg is ready for @NDFootball gameday… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- "Any time you get to play SC, especially at our place, it's a special game." Saturday, @NDFootball takes its shot.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 hours ago
- One team, one town -- gameday and every day. Thank you for your service, @SouthBendFire. #GoIrish #BeatTrojans https://t.co/d81wSlXXPu 3 hours ago
- Your weekend ✅list continues with four more stops off the beaten path @NotreDame. #GoIrish https://t.co/issrNnW2OA 4 hours ago