Sep 25, 2012, 12:20 PM EDT
The third panelist in our Google+ Hangout (Wednesday, Sept. 26 at 7:00 pm ET) is Tyler Moorehead.
Tyler is a senior English major at Notre Dame. He is the Vice President of Social Media and Public Relations for the Leprechaun Legion (@LepLegion). This means you can catch him with phone in-hand almost 24/7 as he is constantly tweeting, sharing things on Facebook, and reaching out to various sites and news outlets about spreading the word on Legion events. Tyler also writes for CollegeSpun.com, where he leads a team of Notre Dame student writers. He hails from Erie, PA and will talk your ear off about any Pittsburgh sports as well (the pro teams, not our BIG EAST and future ACC foe).
Best Notre Dame athletics memory?
My best Notre Dame sports memory will surprise a lot of people, but my sophomore year the Irish played Villanova at home for senior night at Purcell Pavilion. Notre Dame absolutely blew out a highly-touted Nova team, and did so by raining 20 (!) threes on the Wildcats. But the single best part of that game was that the Legion spent the last 10 minutes of the game chanting for Coach Brey to let senior Tom Kopko get on the floor. With about two minutes left, he finally acquiesced. Under one minute to play, Kopko gets a steal and absolutely takes off for a transition basket. He got bumped on the way up, but once that shot hit the bottom of the net, we all went absolutely nuts.
Favorite Fighting Irish athlete of all-time?
Jerome Bettis, no question. I’ve always been a diehard Irish and Pittsburgh fan, so the Bus was always my favorite growing up.
Matchup you’re most looking forward to seeing in the ACC?
Playing Duke on the hardwood. Just one of those teams in college sports that you love to hate, and with Brey coming from the Coach K tree, it will be really exciting to watch us take down the Blue Devils.
First Notre Dame football game you saw in the stadium?
I was 7 years old, and came to see Notre Dame play Baylor on Halloween (meaning I had to miss out on trick-or-treating in my hometown). We ended up winning 27-3, and I was hooked for life even more.
If you could choose one Notre Dame game to have seen in person, which would it be?
Take me back to January 19, 1974. It’s funny — I absolutely love Notre Dame football but I’ve gone pretty basketball-heavy with these answers. But I want to see the Irish end the 88-game win streak versus the UCLA Bruins. That’s an absolutely historic moment in sports right there.
- W. Soccer. Jacobs to Compete with U-23 Women's National Team in Seattle
- Bigger Than Brick. `Going Green' at Notre Dame Stadium
- Bigger Than Brick. #NDBiggerThanBrick - Comparisons
- Track & Field. Murray Speaks to Write on Sports Campers
- Bigger Than Brick. #NDBiggerThanBrick | Looking Around
- M. Ice Hockey. Notre Dame Sends Contingent to NHL Development Camps
- Cross Country. Irish Announce Cross Country Class of 2021
- Fencing. Irish To Be Well-Represented At Senior World Championships
- M. Basketball. Maui Invitational Tournament Will Begin With Chaminade
- Bigger Than Brick. #NDBiggerThanBrick - The Why
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- 🏈 Countdown to Kickoff: 43 Days In 1943 QB Angelo Bertelli won @NDFootball's 1st Heisman Trophy, the same year ND… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 16 hours ago
- ☘ ND Stadium is Going Green! LED Lights Food Donations Game Day Recycling Learn about our sustainability efforts: und.com/sports/biggert… 23 hours ago
- RT @FightingIrish: The 3 new buildings at ND Stadium are big enough for a queen. Literally. At 800,000 sq. feet, they're almost as big as… 1 day ago
- The new facility at ND Stadium has 1,650,000 bricks. Laid end-to-end they stretch 200 miles. Long enough to go fr… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- In 3,000,000 hours of labor we: Renovated ND Stadium & constructed 3 buildings. That's how long it takes Earth to… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago