Sep 26, 2012, 8:05 AM EST
The Google+ Hangout is just a few hours away (tonight at 7:00 pm ET), and this morning, we’ll introduce you to the final two participants, starting with Joshua Vowles, better known as The Subway Domer.
Joshua has been the lead writer and editor-in-chief of the website, Subway Domer since he founded it in 2006. He is also the founder and administrator of the Irish Blogger Gathering, a roundtable alliance of Notre dame blogs and websites. He is a proud husband and father of two wonderful kids. Joshua takes pride in the niche that Subway Domer has carved out for itself in the blogosphere over these past 6 years, as THE place to go for that “bar/tavern” conversation about Notre Dame football on the Internet.
Best Notre Dame athletics memory?
I was 10 years old when Notre Dame won the national championship in 1988, so I won’t be using that example. However, five years later I am 15 and the 1993 season happened. That entire season was like one awesome dream to me. Yes, the last game of the regular season put a dagger in my heart, but it was that loss that helped me realize just how much I loved Notre Dame.
So, to answer the question, it was the entire 1993 season. The season that I became a lifer.
Favorite Fighting Irish athlete of all-time?
Jeff Burris, Safety. I was always in awe of the way Burris played football at Notre Dame. He played hard and he played with a skill and speed that we have rarely seen at the position since. Still, I would be lying if I didn’t mention the way Holtz used Burris at running back as a huge factor. In today’s world, the hype machine would have probably set Burris up for at least a trip to New York for the Heisman.
Matchup you’re most looking forward to seeing in the ACC?
Clemson. I have no real rationalization for this pick, but it’s the matchup that I can’t wait to see. Obviously, I’m pretty excited about Florida State and Virginia Tech as well.
First Notre Dame football game you saw in the stadium?
Oklahoma in 1999. I had traveled to West Lafayette a few times for Notre Dame games, but this was my first one at ND Stadium. I was with my dad, uncle, and family friend. 1999 wasn’t a great year for the Irish, but it saw a couple of really good comeback wins against USC and, wait for it… Oklahoma.
If you could choose one Notre Dame game to have seen in person, which would it be?
The 1993 Florida State game. There were so many variables attached to this game with College GameDay doing their first road show there, the #1 vs. #2 matchup, and just the way the Irish won the game. There is a long list of great ND games, but that one tops my list for the “wish I was there” award.
- Cheerleading. Notre Dame Leprechaun Tryout Information
- Swimming & Diving. Where The Irish Stand At The Break
- M. Tennis. Kempin, Lebedev Named Irish Men's Tennis Captains
- Football. Quenton Nelson Named First-Team Sporting News All-American
- Fencing. Irish Fencers Excel At December NAC
- M. Ice Hockey. Burke Named Big Ten’s Third Star
- Monogram Club. Monogram Club Bestows Honorary Monograms On O'Neill And Thesing
- Football. McGlinchey, Nelson Named First-Team FWAA All-Americans
- M. Ice Hockey. Irish Up To #3 In Both Polls
- W. Tennis. Robinson Snares First Career Professional Crown
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- Did you miss Monday's @MuffetMcGraw Radio Show presented by @Tire_Rack? Catch up now, @ndwbb fans! 🔗… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 hours ago
- ✅ First-Team FWAA All-Americans McGlinchey and Nelson are the FIRST pair of @NDFootball offensive linemen to garne… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 8 hours ago
- When @ShannonBoxx7 started her @NDSoccer career, her journey began to empower women in soccer. #GoIrish https://t.co/YiD5V8izAu 9 hours ago
- Former @NDWomensTennis captain Monica Robinson earned her first career pro title by winning the ITF Digicall Future… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 10 hours ago
- FOUR members of @NDXCTF's Class of 2022 earned top-12 finishes at the high school cross country national championsh… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 11 hours ago