Oct 2, 2012, 10:37 PM EST
Have you ever wondered what makes Division I runners so much faster than the rest of us? Well it’s not their iPod playlists – earbuds might be allowed on 5k fun runs and road races, but listening to music during NCAA races or team practices is most certainly not allowed.
But that doesn’t stop us from taking an interest in the music that Notre Dame runners listen to before a race or while training solo. So here’s the first in our series of favorite running songs – check them out and see if they’re something you want to add to your running playlist.
For our first installment, we bring you senior Randy Babb:
10,000 Reasons (Bless the Lord) by Matt Redman: I listen to this song before races. It is a Christian worship song that reminds me why I compete.
Tush by ZZ Top: This is the best two minutes in rock. The song gets me through the last few minutes of a hard run. It also makes me wish I could grow facial hair.
- M. Golf. Irish End First Day at Prestige at PGA West
- W. Soccer. Norman ('07) Named Notre Dame Women's Soccer Head Coach
- Swimming & Diving. #19 Irish Roll Into ACCs For Conference Championship Meet
- Track & Field. Yared Nuguse Named ACC Track Performer of the Week
- Fencing. Irish Youth Perform Well At Junior Olympic Championships
- M. Basketball. Notre Dame Comes Up Short Against Hurricanes, 77-74
- Baseball. Gilgenbach Garners ACC Co-Player of the Week Honors
- M. Ice Hockey. Michigan Holds On For 1-0 Victory Over Notre Dame
- W. Tennis. Irish Sweep To Doubleheader Victories Over Indiana, Wright State
- M. Basketball. Notre Dame vs. Miami - Five Things To Know
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- Kristina Nelson hit career highs in 3️⃣ categories as No. 5 @ndwbb downed Boston College on Sunday. Don't miss Kri… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 34 minutes ago
- Go behind-the-scenes of @NDmbb in the newest episode of Podward Notre Dame. The storytellers of Fighting Irish Med… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- 🥇 Samantha Viqueira 🥇 Stephen Ewart @NDFencing recorded top performances at the Junior Olympic National Champions… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- After @NDCoachNorman was introduced as the newest head coach of @NDSoccer, the well wishes poured in from around th… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 hours ago
- No. 19 @NDSwimDive is gearing up for action at the 2018 ACC Swimming and Diving Championships, starting Wednesday!… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 hours ago