Oct 5, 2012, 12:33 AM EST
Student. Athlete. Irish.
Notre Dame middle blocker Hilary Eppink embraces the support fans have shown the past three seasons. Prior to her senior season playing at Purcell Pavilion, Eppink got the opportunity to thank season ticket holders and invite them back for another, as part of her internship with the Notre Dame marketing department.
“I thought it was a great experience, getting some hands-on projects and communicating with our season ticket holders,” the Westfield, Ind. native explained. “I was able to help design some posters and brochures while doing some online collaborating with our developers.”
And while her future likely holds a career in marketing after graduation, Eppink – one of two Irish seniors – is focused on finishing this season as a leader on and off the court. She says she has grown a lot personally since arriving on campus as a freshman.
“I’ve always been a quiet person by nature, but knowing I have to be assertive at times is something I’ve wanted to improve upon. I want to really take care of the younger players so that they feel comfortable and come to me if they have any questions. Staying together on and off the court and being there for them is big. Being a constant motivator and positive influence is something seniors need to bring to the table.”
Eppink has done her part this season, including last weekend in which the Irish split a pair of matches against Marquette and Syracuse. She compiled 23 kills on a .375 hitting percentage to go along with 8 blocks. Despite a few close losses to highly ranked opponents, Eppink feels the team has made great strides this season.
“We believe we’re a good team. Looking forward, we want to continue to win our BIG EAST matches and hopefully the tournament. The biggest thing is staying together as a team. It’s only the middle of the season, but pulling through and making plays is what we have to continue doing.”
- W. Basketball. No. 2 Irish Renew Border Battle with (-/RV) DePaul
- W. Soccer. A Look Back: 2017 Top Moments
- General News. Irish Student-Athletes Celebrate 21st Annual Pediatric Christmas Party
- M. Basketball. #Breyteen - Irish Outlast Butler In Overtime Thriller
- W. Basketball. Three Former Irish Named to 2017-20 USA National Team Pool
- W. Soccer. Yu Named Scholar All-American
- Football. Mike McGlinchey Named 101st Consensus All-American In School History
- M. Lacrosse. Notre Dame Announces Details For Annual NDLaxTV National Coaching Clinic
- M. Basketball. Notre Dame vs. Indiana - Five Things To Know
- Football. Quenton Nelson Named 34th Unanimous All-American In School History
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- ✅ 7️⃣ games with over 💯 rush yards ✅ 9️⃣ TDs ✅ 8️⃣5️⃣-yard TD vs. USC @NDFootball's Josh Adams was named the Of… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- Time to hoop with the Hoosiers. The #CrossroadsClassic tips off at 2:30 p.m. ET when @NDmbb faces Indiana. 📺 FOX… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- And the winner is... Check out all the award 🏆 winners from @NDFootball's annual awards show, Echoes. ⤵️… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- Out with the old. Tumbling in with the new. Send a volley cheer on high because @NDCheerTeam's new uniforms will… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 hours ago
- Welcome to Indiana basketball. @NDmbb heads to Indianapolis to take on the rival Hoosiers at 2:30 p.m. ET for the… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 hours ago