Oct 5, 2012, 12:33 AM EDT
Student. Athlete. Irish.
Notre Dame middle blocker Hilary Eppink embraces the support fans have shown the past three seasons. Prior to her senior season playing at Purcell Pavilion, Eppink got the opportunity to thank season ticket holders and invite them back for another, as part of her internship with the Notre Dame marketing department.
“I thought it was a great experience, getting some hands-on projects and communicating with our season ticket holders,” the Westfield, Ind. native explained. “I was able to help design some posters and brochures while doing some online collaborating with our developers.”
And while her future likely holds a career in marketing after graduation, Eppink – one of two Irish seniors – is focused on finishing this season as a leader on and off the court. She says she has grown a lot personally since arriving on campus as a freshman.
“I’ve always been a quiet person by nature, but knowing I have to be assertive at times is something I’ve wanted to improve upon. I want to really take care of the younger players so that they feel comfortable and come to me if they have any questions. Staying together on and off the court and being there for them is big. Being a constant motivator and positive influence is something seniors need to bring to the table.”
Eppink has done her part this season, including last weekend in which the Irish split a pair of matches against Marquette and Syracuse. She compiled 23 kills on a .375 hitting percentage to go along with 8 blocks. Despite a few close losses to highly ranked opponents, Eppink feels the team has made great strides this season.
“We believe we’re a good team. Looking forward, we want to continue to win our BIG EAST matches and hopefully the tournament. The biggest thing is staying together as a team. It’s only the middle of the season, but pulling through and making plays is what we have to continue doing.”
- Fencing. Three Former Irish Fencers Pick Up Team Medals At Senior World Championships
- W. Lacrosse. Women's Lacrosse Continues Academic Success
- Bigger Than Brick. #NDBiggerThanBrick - Inside The Stadium
- M. Basketball. Select-A-Seat Returns August 5
- M. Golf. Men's Golf Unveils 2017-18 Schedule
- Softball. Cassidy Whidden (B.A. '15, M.Ed. '17) Returns To Irish Softball Fold
- W. Tennis. Women's Tennis Welcomes Back Dasso ('01) As Assistant Coach
- Bigger Than Brick. #NDBiggerThanBrick - Fan Experience
- M. Basketball. Men’s Basketball - Summer Headlines
- Swimming & Diving. World Championships Underway For Plaschka
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- ☘ When you make it to ND Stadium... You'll find signage of historic @NDFootball program covers in the concourse.… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 hours ago
- 🇺🇸 2x Olympian ☘ 4x NCAA Champ 🌎 #1 World Ranking Lee Kiefer ('17) leaves her @NDFencing legacy. FULL VIDEO:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 hours ago
- ☘ Navigating Notre Dame Stadium just got a whole lot easier. New signage in the concourse will lead you to your se… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 20 hours ago
- 🏈Countdown to Kickoff: 39 Days #39 Braxston Banks played for @NDFootball’s 1988 NCAA title team. He scored the 2n… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 21 hours ago
- ☘ The view of Notre Dame Stadium from the video board! Ready for 80,000+ @NDFootball fans. #NDBiggerThanBrick https://t.co/lK6hUMxrTG 1 day ago