Oct 5, 2012, 12:33 AM EDT
Student. Athlete. Irish.
Notre Dame middle blocker Hilary Eppink embraces the support fans have shown the past three seasons. Prior to her senior season playing at Purcell Pavilion, Eppink got the opportunity to thank season ticket holders and invite them back for another, as part of her internship with the Notre Dame marketing department.
“I thought it was a great experience, getting some hands-on projects and communicating with our season ticket holders,” the Westfield, Ind. native explained. “I was able to help design some posters and brochures while doing some online collaborating with our developers.”
And while her future likely holds a career in marketing after graduation, Eppink – one of two Irish seniors – is focused on finishing this season as a leader on and off the court. She says she has grown a lot personally since arriving on campus as a freshman.
“I’ve always been a quiet person by nature, but knowing I have to be assertive at times is something I’ve wanted to improve upon. I want to really take care of the younger players so that they feel comfortable and come to me if they have any questions. Staying together on and off the court and being there for them is big. Being a constant motivator and positive influence is something seniors need to bring to the table.”
Eppink has done her part this season, including last weekend in which the Irish split a pair of matches against Marquette and Syracuse. She compiled 23 kills on a .375 hitting percentage to go along with 8 blocks. Despite a few close losses to highly ranked opponents, Eppink feels the team has made great strides this season.
“We believe we’re a good team. Looking forward, we want to continue to win our BIG EAST matches and hopefully the tournament. The biggest thing is staying together as a team. It’s only the middle of the season, but pulling through and making plays is what we have to continue doing.”
- W. Volleyball. Notre Dame Volleyball Unveils 2018 Schedule
- M. Golf. Two Irish Golfers Named to All-ACC Academic Team
- Track & Field. Harris Named First Team Academic All-American
- Football. WATCH: Freshmen Move In
- W. Golf. Irish Trio Earn 2018 All-ACC Academic Team Honors
- M. Ice Hockey. Brauer Signs With South Carolina Stingrays
- W. Soccer. Challenging 2018 Schedule Announced For Women's Soccer
- W. Basketball. Women's Basketball Nominated for Three ESPYS
- Track & Field. Irish Set To Compete At USA Track & Field Championships
- M. Ice Hockey. Irish Announce Incoming Class
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- The #NDFamily is everywhere! 🇪🇸 As @NDLacrosse took in the sights of Madrid, @NotreDame alum Matthew Kineen taught… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 15 hours ago
- 🏀 Best Team ☑️ @ndwbb 🏀 Best Moment ☑️ @ndwbb 🏀 Best Play ☑️ @ndwbb Yep, you know who we're voting for. Give… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 17 hours ago
- 👟 @NDXCTF is lacing up its shoes for @usatf Championships! 8️⃣ current and former Irish track and field athletes a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 19 hours ago
- 🎤 Tap tap. Is this thing on? Your favorite Irish moments are now LIVE on #IGTV! Follow @ thefightingirish on Insta… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 21 hours ago
- 😎☘️ #FirstDayOfSummer #GoIrish https://t.co/dFx5PZilJS 23 hours ago