Oct 5, 2012, 12:33 AM EDT
Student. Athlete. Irish.
Notre Dame middle blocker Hilary Eppink embraces the support fans have shown the past three seasons. Prior to her senior season playing at Purcell Pavilion, Eppink got the opportunity to thank season ticket holders and invite them back for another, as part of her internship with the Notre Dame marketing department.
“I thought it was a great experience, getting some hands-on projects and communicating with our season ticket holders,” the Westfield, Ind. native explained. “I was able to help design some posters and brochures while doing some online collaborating with our developers.”
And while her future likely holds a career in marketing after graduation, Eppink – one of two Irish seniors – is focused on finishing this season as a leader on and off the court. She says she has grown a lot personally since arriving on campus as a freshman.
“I’ve always been a quiet person by nature, but knowing I have to be assertive at times is something I’ve wanted to improve upon. I want to really take care of the younger players so that they feel comfortable and come to me if they have any questions. Staying together on and off the court and being there for them is big. Being a constant motivator and positive influence is something seniors need to bring to the table.”
Eppink has done her part this season, including last weekend in which the Irish split a pair of matches against Marquette and Syracuse. She compiled 23 kills on a .375 hitting percentage to go along with 8 blocks. Despite a few close losses to highly ranked opponents, Eppink feels the team has made great strides this season.
“We believe we’re a good team. Looking forward, we want to continue to win our BIG EAST matches and hopefully the tournament. The biggest thing is staying together as a team. It’s only the middle of the season, but pulling through and making plays is what we have to continue doing.”
- Fencing. Stabrawa Named Fencing's Director of Operations
- M. Ice Hockey. Irish Hockey Announces 2017-18 Schedule
- M. Soccer. Irish Release 2017 Soccer Slate
- M. Ice Hockey. Peeke And St. Cyr Invited To USA Camp
- Softball. Bazos To Represent Greece At Euro Championship
- Track & Field. Father’s Day: Running In The Aragon Family
- W. Tennis. Thompson Tapped To Lead Gophers As Head Coach
- Baseball. Irish Trio Of Bielak, Ruibal & Lidge Drafted
- M. Lacrosse. Epple Invited To U.S. National Team Tryouts
- W. Rowing. Boxberger Named CRCA Pocock All-American
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- ☘️ YEAR IN REVIEW: Top-10 GIFs #10 - @NDMenSoccer's ACC Offensive Player of the Year Jon Gallagher led @theACC in… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 11 hours ago
- ☘️ YEAR IN REVIEW: Top-10 Videos #10-Attention to detail 1st. Then work on the bigger picture. Josh Adams shows… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 12 hours ago
- 🏈 Countdown to Kickoff: 73 Days Flashback to the 1973 Sugar Bowl. When unbeaten @NDFootball downed #1 Alabama for… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 13 hours ago
- ☘YEAR IN REVIEW: Top-10 Moments #10 - Steve Vasturia's 3-pointer with 2.5 seconds left in overtime clinches @NDmbb… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 17 hours ago
- ☘️ YEAR IN REVIEW: Top-10 Articles #10 - Davis Lamb wins match vs Seton Hall for @NDMensGolf tournament title. und.com/sports/m-golf/… 17 hours ago