Oct 11, 2012, 2:28 PM EST
Tomorrow, the Notre Dame women’s rowing team is hosting its second annual Erg-a-thon, to benefit the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network. The Irish will be out on North Quad near Stonehenge from noon until 7 pm.
Raffle tickets will be on sale for $5, and among others, prizes will include two pre-game field passes to Saturday’s game against Stanford, four pre-game field passes and tickets to the Wake Forest game and signed memorabilia from several Irish head coaches.
But you might still be asking, what exactly is erging?
Until today, I wasn’t really sure, but really, it’s not too complicated. You know those electric rowing machines? That’s erging.
The Erg-a-thon will include a fastest time competition at a set distance on electric rowing machines. Last year, the Irish raised just shy of $3,000, and they hope to top that figure this weekend.
For more information, check out the release on und.com.
- M. Soccer. Sunday Brunch: The Riley Era-Long Time in the Making
- Swimming & Diving. #22 Irish Complete ACC Sweep At #20/25 FSU
- M. Basketball. Mooney's Career Day Not Enough In Loss At Clemson
- Track & Field. Shead, Irish race to top-three finishes at Notre Dame Invitational
- Fencing. Irish Fencers Find Success At St. John's Invitational
- W. Basketball. No. 5 Irish Look to Carry Momentum into Clemson Game Sunday
- M. Ice Hockey. Replay: Irish Hockey Rolls On
- M. Ice Hockey. #1 Irish Down #18 Wisconsin 4-2 For 16th Straight Win
- Swimming & Diving. #22 Irish In Control After Day 1 At #20/25 FSU
- M. Tennis. Irish Romp In 6-1 Victory Over Spartans
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- The nation's top-ranked hockey team, @NDHockey, faces Wisconsin, Sunday at 3 p.m. ET at Chicago's @UnitedCenter.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 13 minutes ago
- In its first game since downing No. 6 Tennessee, No. 5 @ndwbb closes out a three-game homestand with Clemson, Sunda… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 52 minutes ago
- "It's a big venue and a big situation." No. 1 @NDHockey and its program-best 16-game winning streak heads north to… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- The last time @ndwbb hit the court, the No. 5 Irish battled back for a W against No. 6 Tennessee in the fifth best… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- A hug is worth a thousand words. 📸: @ndwbb #NationalHuggingDay #GoIrish https://t.co/Wr0QrMAFag 5 hours ago