Oct 12, 2012, 7:26 PM EST
After today, all I can hope is that the Fighting Irish faithful have some energy left for game time.
On Friday, the fun began at 6 am and didn’t stop ’til the sun had gone down.
Students and fans started their day with Mike & Mike, who broadcast their daily radio show live on Library Quad from 6-10 am. Greeny and Golic welcomed head coach Brian Kelly, as well as analysts Desmond Howard (GameDay) and Doug Flutie (NBC Sports) to their set during the broadcast.
Throughout the rest of the morning and afternoon, fans gathered around the GameDay set, hoping to catch a glimpse of one of ESPN’s notable college football personalities. Some students were already starting to camp out for the morning, as soon as they finished up their final classes and midterms.
At 3:30 pm, Samantha Steele and David Pollack took to the stage for College Football Live.
Later, thousands gathered in Purcell Pavilion, for the first indoor pep rally of the year. As always, the leprechaun, pom squad, cheerleaders and Notre Dame band kicked off the rally, before long-time GameDay host Chris Fowler said a few words about how special it was to be back in South Bend, the place where the show first took its act on the road, way back in 1993.
This weekend is the annual Pink Zone game in support of breast cancer awareness, and the video boards played a feature on the Kelly Cares Foundation, narrated by coach’s wife, Paqui.
Fans were also treated to a recap of the Shamrock Series weekend in Chicago.
Rest up tonight, and come on out to Library Quad tomorrow for College GameDay. The show starts at 9 am and runs until noon. Kickoff is set for just past 3:30 pm on NBC.
Soak it in. This will be the best home football weekend of the year.
- W. Tennis. Irish Sweep DH With 6-1 Win Over Bowling Green
- Track & Field. Harris Defends Title in Women's Mile to Close Out ACC Championships
- M. Basketball. Farrell's Heroics Give Irish Road Win At Wake Forest
- Baseball. LaManna, No. 30 Irish Walk-Off Against Purdue
- Fencing. #1 Irish Women Dominate ACC Individual Competition
- W. Lacrosse. Irish prepped to take on Elon
- M. Lacrosse. Strong Fourth Quarter Pushes No. 7 Notre Dame Past Richmond, 11-7
- W. Tennis. Irish Take ACC Match From Pitt, 4-0
- W. Basketball. No. 5 Irish Vie for Regular Season ACC Title on Sunday
- Softball. #25 Irish Close Day 2 At MNCC
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- 💪 fourth quarter, 💪 @NDLacrosse win! The No. 7️⃣ Irish took down Richmond behind Brendan Gleason's three goals and… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 hours ago
- Game-winning bucket ➡️ Matt Farrell! @NDmbb downed Wake Forest behind 20-plus point efforts from Martinas Geben, M… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 hours ago
- The ✌️nd game of @NDWomensLax's homestand kicks off when the Irish host Elon, Sunday at 1 p.m. ET. #GoIrish und.com/sports/w-lacro… 6 hours ago
- ☘️🔥 Green jerseys, straight fire. Catch @NDHockey as they send off the senior class in their signature green jerse… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 hours ago
- ✅ Top-25 showdown ✅ Senior Day ✅ ACC 🏆 on the line No. 5 @ndwbb hosts No. 21 NC State as the Irish close out the r… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 8 hours ago