Oct 12, 2012, 7:26 PM EST
After today, all I can hope is that the Fighting Irish faithful have some energy left for game time.
On Friday, the fun began at 6 am and didn’t stop ’til the sun had gone down.
Students and fans started their day with Mike & Mike, who broadcast their daily radio show live on Library Quad from 6-10 am. Greeny and Golic welcomed head coach Brian Kelly, as well as analysts Desmond Howard (GameDay) and Doug Flutie (NBC Sports) to their set during the broadcast.
Throughout the rest of the morning and afternoon, fans gathered around the GameDay set, hoping to catch a glimpse of one of ESPN’s notable college football personalities. Some students were already starting to camp out for the morning, as soon as they finished up their final classes and midterms.
At 3:30 pm, Samantha Steele and David Pollack took to the stage for College Football Live.
Later, thousands gathered in Purcell Pavilion, for the first indoor pep rally of the year. As always, the leprechaun, pom squad, cheerleaders and Notre Dame band kicked off the rally, before long-time GameDay host Chris Fowler said a few words about how special it was to be back in South Bend, the place where the show first took its act on the road, way back in 1993.
This weekend is the annual Pink Zone game in support of breast cancer awareness, and the video boards played a feature on the Kelly Cares Foundation, narrated by coach’s wife, Paqui.
Fans were also treated to a recap of the Shamrock Series weekend in Chicago.
Rest up tonight, and come on out to Library Quad tomorrow for College GameDay. The show starts at 9 am and runs until noon. Kickoff is set for just past 3:30 pm on NBC.
Soak it in. This will be the best home football weekend of the year.
- Cheerleading. Notre Dame Leprechaun Tryout Information
- Swimming & Diving. Where The Irish Stand At The Break
- M. Tennis. Kempin, Lebedev Named Irish Men's Tennis Captains
- Football. Quenton Nelson Named First-Team Sporting News All-American
- Fencing. Irish Fencers Excel At December NAC
- M. Ice Hockey. Burke Named Big Ten’s Third Star
- Monogram Club. Monogram Club Bestows Honorary Monograms On O'Neill And Thesing
- Football. McGlinchey, Nelson Named First-Team FWAA All-Americans
- M. Ice Hockey. Irish Up To #3 In Both Polls
- W. Tennis. Robinson Snares First Career Professional Crown
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- Did you miss Monday's @MuffetMcGraw Radio Show presented by @Tire_Rack? Catch up now, @ndwbb fans! 🔗… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 hours ago
- ✅ First-Team FWAA All-Americans McGlinchey and Nelson are the FIRST pair of @NDFootball offensive linemen to garne… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 8 hours ago
- When @ShannonBoxx7 started her @NDSoccer career, her journey began to empower women in soccer. #GoIrish https://t.co/YiD5V8izAu 9 hours ago
- Former @NDWomensTennis captain Monica Robinson earned her first career pro title by winning the ITF Digicall Future… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 10 hours ago
- FOUR members of @NDXCTF's Class of 2022 earned top-12 finishes at the high school cross country national championsh… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 11 hours ago