Oct 12, 2012, 7:26 PM EDT
After today, all I can hope is that the Fighting Irish faithful have some energy left for game time.
On Friday, the fun began at 6 am and didn’t stop ’til the sun had gone down.
Students and fans started their day with Mike & Mike, who broadcast their daily radio show live on Library Quad from 6-10 am. Greeny and Golic welcomed head coach Brian Kelly, as well as analysts Desmond Howard (GameDay) and Doug Flutie (NBC Sports) to their set during the broadcast.
Throughout the rest of the morning and afternoon, fans gathered around the GameDay set, hoping to catch a glimpse of one of ESPN’s notable college football personalities. Some students were already starting to camp out for the morning, as soon as they finished up their final classes and midterms.
At 3:30 pm, Samantha Steele and David Pollack took to the stage for College Football Live.
Later, thousands gathered in Purcell Pavilion, for the first indoor pep rally of the year. As always, the leprechaun, pom squad, cheerleaders and Notre Dame band kicked off the rally, before long-time GameDay host Chris Fowler said a few words about how special it was to be back in South Bend, the place where the show first took its act on the road, way back in 1993.
This weekend is the annual Pink Zone game in support of breast cancer awareness, and the video boards played a feature on the Kelly Cares Foundation, narrated by coach’s wife, Paqui.
Fans were also treated to a recap of the Shamrock Series weekend in Chicago.
Rest up tonight, and come on out to Library Quad tomorrow for College GameDay. The show starts at 9 am and runs until noon. Kickoff is set for just past 3:30 pm on NBC.
Soak it in. This will be the best home football weekend of the year.
- Softball. Irish Strikeout Cancer With Arkansas
- W. Lacrosse. Fortunato Named Tewaaraton Award Nominee
- Track. Irish Conclude Day One of Penn Relays
- Baseball. Irish & Blue Devils Play A Pair Friday
- W. Tennis. Irish Fall To Clemson In Second Round Of ACC Championship
- M. Tennis. Irish Fall In 4-3 Heartbreaker To Louisville At ACC Championship
- W. Lacrosse. Irish Rally Not Enough Against Eagles
- M. Soccer. Irish Take Pitch For Annual Clash With Mexico On Friday
- Baseball. Duke Visits For Pivotal League Series
- W. Soccer. Irish Slated To Face Off With Mexico In Annual Spring Finale
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- ☘ @NDSoftball is on a mission to fight pediatric cancer. Coach Gumpf's daughter Tatum is a survivor. Hear Tatum's… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 hours ago
- That #FridayFeeling! ☀️ 15 Days Until Summer 🏈 120 Days Until College Football ☘ 127 Days Until Kickoff in ND Stad… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 4 hours ago
- 🏈 #TBT to 2016 Ronnie Stanley & Will Fuller became @NDFootball's 65th & 66th 1st round NFL draft picks (3rd all-ti… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 22 hours ago
- ☘ 300 CLUB Congrats, @NDWomensLax goalie Sam Giacolone on her 300th career save during ACC Championships. Sam is… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- ⚾️ IRISH BLANK EASTERN MICHIGAN Matt Vierling scored 2 runs and 3 RBI in @NDBaseball's 5-0 victory. 📽 Highlights https://t.co/evwnYZL6H3 1 day ago