Oct 12, 2012, 7:26 PM EDT
After today, all I can hope is that the Fighting Irish faithful have some energy left for game time.
On Friday, the fun began at 6 am and didn’t stop ’til the sun had gone down.
Students and fans started their day with Mike & Mike, who broadcast their daily radio show live on Library Quad from 6-10 am. Greeny and Golic welcomed head coach Brian Kelly, as well as analysts Desmond Howard (GameDay) and Doug Flutie (NBC Sports) to their set during the broadcast.
Throughout the rest of the morning and afternoon, fans gathered around the GameDay set, hoping to catch a glimpse of one of ESPN’s notable college football personalities. Some students were already starting to camp out for the morning, as soon as they finished up their final classes and midterms.
At 3:30 pm, Samantha Steele and David Pollack took to the stage for College Football Live.
Later, thousands gathered in Purcell Pavilion, for the first indoor pep rally of the year. As always, the leprechaun, pom squad, cheerleaders and Notre Dame band kicked off the rally, before long-time GameDay host Chris Fowler said a few words about how special it was to be back in South Bend, the place where the show first took its act on the road, way back in 1993.
This weekend is the annual Pink Zone game in support of breast cancer awareness, and the video boards played a feature on the Kelly Cares Foundation, narrated by coach’s wife, Paqui.
Fans were also treated to a recap of the Shamrock Series weekend in Chicago.
Rest up tonight, and come on out to Library Quad tomorrow for College GameDay. The show starts at 9 am and runs until noon. Kickoff is set for just past 3:30 pm on NBC.
Soak it in. This will be the best home football weekend of the year.
- Football. Limited Tickets Remain for Irish Football Home Opener Versus Temple
- M. Soccer. #10 Irish, Valpo Clash In Annual Grassroot Soccer Contest
- W. Soccer. #18 Irish, Butler Draw 0-0 In 2017 Lid-Lifter
- Football. EXCLUSIVE: Rockne Heritage Uniforms Unveiled
- M. Lacrosse. Four Irish Alums Set To Play For MLL Championship
- Cross Country. Cross Country Tabs Four Captains for 2017 Season
- W. Soccer. What to Watch: Butler vs. Notre Dame
- M. Basketball. Irish Legend Tom Hawkins Passes Away
- W. Soccer. Irish Add Casper to Women’s Soccer Staff
- Bigger Than Brick. Premium Seating Added To Football Game Day Experience
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- So good to see that celebration on the field again, Jaylon! 🎳🏈🎳 👀@thejaylonsmith https://t.co/pLZRbpQDM9 13 minutes ago
- Welcome back, Jaylon. 👀@thejaylonsmith https://t.co/kV6u5HX9Z8 56 minutes ago
- ☘ UP CLOSE Duncan Student Center at ND Stadium! Student Sports Facility Study Spaces Lounges & More INFO:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 hours ago
- ☘We're excited for students to start classes soon in the new buildings at ND Stadium! 📸 O'Neill Hall for Departmen… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 5 hours ago
- 🏈Countdown to Kickoff: 14 Days #14 DeShone Kizer was drafted to the @Browns in 2017. He set ND’s single-season ru… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 10 hours ago