Oct 12, 2012, 7:26 PM EST
After today, all I can hope is that the Fighting Irish faithful have some energy left for game time.
On Friday, the fun began at 6 am and didn’t stop ’til the sun had gone down.
Students and fans started their day with Mike & Mike, who broadcast their daily radio show live on Library Quad from 6-10 am. Greeny and Golic welcomed head coach Brian Kelly, as well as analysts Desmond Howard (GameDay) and Doug Flutie (NBC Sports) to their set during the broadcast.
Throughout the rest of the morning and afternoon, fans gathered around the GameDay set, hoping to catch a glimpse of one of ESPN’s notable college football personalities. Some students were already starting to camp out for the morning, as soon as they finished up their final classes and midterms.
At 3:30 pm, Samantha Steele and David Pollack took to the stage for College Football Live.
Later, thousands gathered in Purcell Pavilion, for the first indoor pep rally of the year. As always, the leprechaun, pom squad, cheerleaders and Notre Dame band kicked off the rally, before long-time GameDay host Chris Fowler said a few words about how special it was to be back in South Bend, the place where the show first took its act on the road, way back in 1993.
This weekend is the annual Pink Zone game in support of breast cancer awareness, and the video boards played a feature on the Kelly Cares Foundation, narrated by coach’s wife, Paqui.
Fans were also treated to a recap of the Shamrock Series weekend in Chicago.
Rest up tonight, and come on out to Library Quad tomorrow for College GameDay. The show starts at 9 am and runs until noon. Kickoff is set for just past 3:30 pm on NBC.
Soak it in. This will be the best home football weekend of the year.
- Baseball. Chance Of Rain Alters Tony Gwynn Classic Schedule
- W. Tennis. Irish Capitalize In 5-2 Win Over Purdue
- M. Ice Hockey. Irish Have Everything To Play For At Boston University
- W. Basketball. Irish Welcome Eagles On Senior Night
- W. Lacrosse. Irish Battle Phoenix to Open Road Trip
- General News. Irish Boast Quartet Of ACC Postgraduate Scholarship Honorees
- Fencing. Irish Boast Quartet Of ACC Postgraduate Scholarship Honorees
- W. Soccer. Irish Boast Quartet Of ACC Postgraduate Scholarship Honorees
- M. Lacrosse. Irish Boast Quartet Of ACC Postgraduate Scholarship Honorees
- Football. Irish Boast Quartet Of ACC Postgraduate Scholarship Honorees
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- Thursday @ndwbb plays Boston College for a share of its 4th regular season ACC title. #TBT to ND's 81-70 win vs Du… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 15 minutes ago
- 🏀 Which NBA legend does @NDmbb's Elijah Burns want to meet? Get to know Elijah on Inside ND Basketball. 📺… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 20 hours ago
- 🏀 This week the @NDmbb assistant coaches are on the road recruiting. Practice is all Coach Brey. 👀@NDMikeBrey https://t.co/Tee1WaFZQq 1 day ago
- HALL OF FAME: One Step Away @ndwbb coach Muffet McGraw is a finalist for Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame. und.com/sports/w-baskb… 1 day ago
- ☘️ @NDHockey Goalie Cal Petersen: 🏒 Tied for 1st in NCAA Shutouts. 💯 @Hockey_East Defensive Player of the Week. und.com/sports/m-hocke… 2 days ago