Nov 7, 2012, 8:49 AM EDT
Earlier this year, the university commissioned artist Tim Cortes to create a panoramic celebrating 125 years of Notre Dame football. The “Honor and Tradition” artwork (displayed above) uses prisma-color pencil and measures five feet long by one foot high.
The artwork includes familiar Irish football faces, including Knute Rockne, The Four Horsemen, Ara Parseghian, and Lou Holtz, as well as several iconic campus landmarks, including Touchdown Jesus and the Golden Dome. It is being featured in segments on each of the six game day program covers for Irish home games this season.
Though not originally planned, the Minnesota native also recently completed the “Strong and True” helmet drawing show above.
Cortes was on campus during the Michigan weekend and WNDU’s Kate Chappell has more on this exciting project.
You can also check out the July article in his local paper, the Duluth News Tribune and visit his Facebook page for more information. Prints of both images can be purchased through his website, timcortesart.com.
Cortes will be back at Notre Dame next Saturday prior to the Wake Forest game. Stay tuned for details in the coming days.
- M. Lacrosse. Irish Hand Buckeyes First Defeat Of Season In 12-7 Victory
- W. Rowing. Irish Compete At Longhorn Invitational
- W. Lacrosse. Irish Prepared to Battle Syracuse on the Road
- Baseball. Irish Fall In 13 Innings To No. 13 FSU
- Softball. Irish Execute Excellently In Twin Bill Sweep Of Virginia Tech
- Track. Meunier, Irish Wrap Day One of Raleigh Relays
- W. Basketball. Irish Elite in Historic Victory Over Buckeyes
- Swimming & Diving. No. 19 Notre Dame Has Solid Third Day at Men's Swimming and Diving at NCAA Championships
- W. Tennis. Irish Rally Comes Up Short In Conference Dual Against Wolfpack
- Football. Rocket Ismail: He’s Lived and Learned
Fighting Irish on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.