Nov 7, 2012, 8:49 AM EDT
Earlier this year, the university commissioned artist Tim Cortes to create a panoramic celebrating 125 years of Notre Dame football. The “Honor and Tradition” artwork (displayed above) uses prisma-color pencil and measures five feet long by one foot high.
The artwork includes familiar Irish football faces, including Knute Rockne, The Four Horsemen, Ara Parseghian, and Lou Holtz, as well as several iconic campus landmarks, including Touchdown Jesus and the Golden Dome. It is being featured in segments on each of the six game day program covers for Irish home games this season.
Though not originally planned, the Minnesota native also recently completed the “Strong and True” helmet drawing show above.
Cortes was on campus during the Michigan weekend and WNDU’s Kate Chappell has more on this exciting project.
You can also check out the July article in his local paper, the Duluth News Tribune and visit his Facebook page for more information. Prints of both images can be purchased through his website, timcortesart.com.
Cortes will be back at Notre Dame next Saturday prior to the Wake Forest game. Stay tuned for details in the coming days.
- M. Basketball. Jackson Inks Multi Million Dollar Deal With Boston
- M. Golf. Men's Golf Honored With GCAA Team Academic Award
- W. Rowing. Onto World Championships For Gleadow, Team Canada
- W. Rowing. Rowers Earn Team USA Spots
- M. Golf. Barens Qualifies For U.S. Amateur Championship
- M. Basketball. Select-A-Seat Event Coming Up For Men's Basketball
- Softball. Winter Returns, NPF Debuts At Melissa Cook Stadium In August
- M. Basketball. Pro Hoops Alumni Recap
- M. Ice Hockey. Irish Hockey Schedule Announced
- M. Ice Hockey. Palmieri Named To Team USA’s World Cup of Hockey Roster
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- Rio Countdown: 7 Days @NDXCTF's Molly Huddle qualified for Rio by winning U.S. titles in the 5K & 10K. #OlympicND https://t.co/DpYEXmwhIA 16 hours ago
- Rio Countdown: 8 Days NBA vet & ND alum Monty Williams named Ast. Coach of USA's 2016 Olympic 🏀 Team. #OlympicND https://t.co/n639tgImfk 1 day ago
- We're going retro. #TBT to some of our favorite @NDFootball program covers. 1988 vs U of M 1983 vs Navy 1975 vs BC https://t.co/gFyqUEO4V3 1 day ago
- DID YOU KNOW? Kate Markgraf ('98) was the 1st woman from ND to compete in 3 Olympics 🇦🇺Sydney 🇬🇷Athens 🇨🇳Beijing https://t.co/4zcYqcwy2N 1 day ago
- Rio Countdown: 9 Days ND's Adrian Dantley led U.S. Basketball to '76 Olympic gold as the top scorer. #OlympicND https://t.co/lLsYuGopJG 2 days ago