Nov 8, 2012, 1:41 PM EST
Riding a 10-game winning streak heading into the weekend, Notre Dame volleyball is far from satisfied when it comes to accomplishing team goals for the season.
One of those goals can be crossed off the list following a pair of matches against BIG EAST foes this weekend: a regular season conference championship. To do this, the Irish must defeat Cincinnati at home this Friday (Nov. 9) and Marquette, a squad that knocked off Notre Dame for its only conference loss of the season on Sept. 29.
During that lone conference loss at Purcell Pavilion, Marquette’s size up front and Notre Dame’s inconsistent serving resulted in a five-set Golden Eagles victory, one that the Irish certainly have not forgotten. To truly avenge the loss and secure a regular season championship, the Irish must not overlook Cincinnati which currently sits at fourth place in the BIG EAST conference. Marquette has also only suffered one conference loss (to Louisville), while Louisville’s lone conference loss was to Notre Dame. As a result, the Irish control their own destiny the rest of the way to secure the BIG EAST tournament No. 1 seed.
The Irish will continue to rely upon solid play from Maggie Brindock, who last Sunday recorded a triple-double with 12 kills, 38 assists and 11 digs against Rutgers. It was first time since 2004 and the 22nd time in school history an Irish player recorded a triple-double. Saturday’s match against the Bearcats will mark the home finale for two seniors – Hilary Eppink and Marie Roof. Both players will be honored prior to the match which will be streamed live via und.com at 7 p.m. EST.
Lastly, Fighting Irish Digital Media recently caught up with freshman libero Taylor Morey to highlight her unique serving technique. Check out the video below to see why she has been so successful this season:
- Baseball. Irish Baseball & Softball Season Tickets On Sale
- Softball. Irish Baseball & Softball Season Tickets On Sale
- M. Tennis. Irish Sweep To Wins Over Kentucky, Cleveland State
- M. Ice Hockey. Notre Dame's 16-Game Winning Streak Ends Against Wisconsin
- Fencing. Irish Close Out Weekend With Wins In Philly
- W. Basketball. No. 5 Irish Cruise Past Clemson, 90-37
- M. Soccer. Sunday Brunch: The Riley Era-Long Time in the Making
- Swimming & Diving. #22 Irish Complete ACC Sweep At #20/25 FSU
- M. Basketball. Mooney's Career Day Not Enough In Loss At Clemson
- Track & Field. Shead, Irish race to top-three finishes at Notre Dame Invitational
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- At Notre Dame, head coach Theresa Romagnolo stressed the importance of the #NDFamily. We now wish her well as she… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 46 minutes ago
- No. 1️⃣ @NDHockey No. 1️⃣ @NDFencing No. 5️⃣ @ndwbb Three Irish teams with top-🖐 rankings = plenty of reasons to l… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- Life comes at you fast. But sometimes, @NDFootball's Te'von Coney comes at you faster. #GoIrish https://t.co/UdpGzTqlHG 2 hours ago
- After No. 5 @ndwbb earned its largest ACC win in program history, @NDSportsBlogger caught up with Kat Westbeld, who… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- Junior Alex Lebedev moved to 4-0 in his career at No. 1 singles as @NDMensTennis downed Kentucky and Cleveland Stat… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 hours ago