Nov 8, 2012, 1:41 PM EDT
Riding a 10-game winning streak heading into the weekend, Notre Dame volleyball is far from satisfied when it comes to accomplishing team goals for the season.
One of those goals can be crossed off the list following a pair of matches against BIG EAST foes this weekend: a regular season conference championship. To do this, the Irish must defeat Cincinnati at home this Friday (Nov. 9) and Marquette, a squad that knocked off Notre Dame for its only conference loss of the season on Sept. 29.
During that lone conference loss at Purcell Pavilion, Marquette’s size up front and Notre Dame’s inconsistent serving resulted in a five-set Golden Eagles victory, one that the Irish certainly have not forgotten. To truly avenge the loss and secure a regular season championship, the Irish must not overlook Cincinnati which currently sits at fourth place in the BIG EAST conference. Marquette has also only suffered one conference loss (to Louisville), while Louisville’s lone conference loss was to Notre Dame. As a result, the Irish control their own destiny the rest of the way to secure the BIG EAST tournament No. 1 seed.
The Irish will continue to rely upon solid play from Maggie Brindock, who last Sunday recorded a triple-double with 12 kills, 38 assists and 11 digs against Rutgers. It was first time since 2004 and the 22nd time in school history an Irish player recorded a triple-double. Saturday’s match against the Bearcats will mark the home finale for two seniors – Hilary Eppink and Marie Roof. Both players will be honored prior to the match which will be streamed live via und.com at 7 p.m. EST.
Lastly, Fighting Irish Digital Media recently caught up with freshman libero Taylor Morey to highlight her unique serving technique. Check out the video below to see why she has been so successful this season:
- Baseball. Notre Dame Wraps ACC Tournament Play
- M. Tennis. Lebedev Falls In First Round of NCAA Championships
- General News. Notre Dame Among Leaders in NCAA APR Four-Year Numbers
- M. Basketball. Irish Set To Face Oklahoma In Madison Square Garden
- Baseball. Irish Lose Lead Late, Fall to Miami
- Track & Field. Keys To The Meet: NCAA East Regionals
- Baseball. Tales From the Eck: A Blog by Collin Stoecker
- Track & Field. Alan Turner Will Not Return as Irish Cross Country/Track and Field Coach
- Baseball. Irish Land Three on All-ACC Teams
- Baseball. Tully, Irish Open ACC Tournament Play
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- It's about more than just world-class facilities -- and @NDMensGolf has the culture to match it. #GoIrish https://t.co/bBlsdZLxIk 5 hours ago
- Back to the Big Apple! 🍎🏀 @NDmbb is headed back to @TheGarden to face Oklahoma in the Jimmy V Men's Basketball Cla… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 hours ago
- ☘️ ☘️ ☘️ ☘️ ☘️ ☘️ ☘️ ☘️ ☘️ ☘️ ☘️ ☘️ ⬆️ That's how many Irish programs earned perfect Academic Progress Rate scores… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 hours ago
- 🏅 Midwest Assistant Coach of the Year 🏅 Player to Watch @NDMensTennis brought home ✌️ regional Intercollegiate Ten… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 8 hours ago
- “It is an honor to be a part of @usabasketball." @NDmbb head coach @NDMikeBrey is headed to the Olympic Training C… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 10 hours ago