Nov 8, 2012, 1:41 PM EST
Riding a 10-game winning streak heading into the weekend, Notre Dame volleyball is far from satisfied when it comes to accomplishing team goals for the season.
One of those goals can be crossed off the list following a pair of matches against BIG EAST foes this weekend: a regular season conference championship. To do this, the Irish must defeat Cincinnati at home this Friday (Nov. 9) and Marquette, a squad that knocked off Notre Dame for its only conference loss of the season on Sept. 29.
During that lone conference loss at Purcell Pavilion, Marquette’s size up front and Notre Dame’s inconsistent serving resulted in a five-set Golden Eagles victory, one that the Irish certainly have not forgotten. To truly avenge the loss and secure a regular season championship, the Irish must not overlook Cincinnati which currently sits at fourth place in the BIG EAST conference. Marquette has also only suffered one conference loss (to Louisville), while Louisville’s lone conference loss was to Notre Dame. As a result, the Irish control their own destiny the rest of the way to secure the BIG EAST tournament No. 1 seed.
The Irish will continue to rely upon solid play from Maggie Brindock, who last Sunday recorded a triple-double with 12 kills, 38 assists and 11 digs against Rutgers. It was first time since 2004 and the 22nd time in school history an Irish player recorded a triple-double. Saturday’s match against the Bearcats will mark the home finale for two seniors – Hilary Eppink and Marie Roof. Both players will be honored prior to the match which will be streamed live via und.com at 7 p.m. EST.
Lastly, Fighting Irish Digital Media recently caught up with freshman libero Taylor Morey to highlight her unique serving technique. Check out the video below to see why she has been so successful this season:
- M. Basketball. Irish Head To Clemson For A Key ACC Battle
- W. Basketball. Inside The Game: #3 Notre Dame 66, #13 Louisville 61
- W. Basketball. #3 Irish Rally Past #13 Louisville, 66-61
- Fencing. No. 2 Irish Women Remain Undefeated At Duke Duals
- M. Tennis. No. 36 Irish Snare Doubleheader Wins over No. 53 Indiana, Ball State
- M. Basketball. Sunday Brunch: Golden Irish Motor Past Heels
- M. Basketball. Postgame Quotes
- M. Ice Hockey. Petersen Leads No. 10 Irish to 3-1 Win and Weekend Sweep at Vermont
- M. Basketball. Notre Dame takes down #2 North Carolina, 80-76
- W. Lacrosse. #7 Irish Earn Sweet Win at Jacksonville
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- 🍀 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS @NDFootball alums Ryan Harris & David Bruton take Super Bowl 50 with the @Broncos. #SB50 https://t.co/obMpcdtmiO 35 minutes ago
- To our Super Bowl winners David & Ryan, Congratulations! From AD Jack Swarbrick & the entire @NotreDame Community. https://t.co/RzQln3iHMp 13 hours ago
- BRONCOS FG IS GOOD! Cue Victory March with @NDFootball alums & @Broncos players David Bruton & Ryan Harris. https://t.co/tZubN1Lfk8 15 hours ago
- FLYOVER FLASHBACK As the Blue Angels fly through the sky for #SB50, we remember their ride over Notre Dame Stadium https://t.co/bbe9XBhrSQ 17 hours ago
- DID YOU KNOW? Yesterday ND grad & former @49ers owner Eddie Debartolo was inducted into the Football Hall of Fame https://t.co/bNRN3rsSh4 17 hours ago