Nov 8, 2012, 1:41 PM EDT
Riding a 10-game winning streak heading into the weekend, Notre Dame volleyball is far from satisfied when it comes to accomplishing team goals for the season.
One of those goals can be crossed off the list following a pair of matches against BIG EAST foes this weekend: a regular season conference championship. To do this, the Irish must defeat Cincinnati at home this Friday (Nov. 9) and Marquette, a squad that knocked off Notre Dame for its only conference loss of the season on Sept. 29.
During that lone conference loss at Purcell Pavilion, Marquette’s size up front and Notre Dame’s inconsistent serving resulted in a five-set Golden Eagles victory, one that the Irish certainly have not forgotten. To truly avenge the loss and secure a regular season championship, the Irish must not overlook Cincinnati which currently sits at fourth place in the BIG EAST conference. Marquette has also only suffered one conference loss (to Louisville), while Louisville’s lone conference loss was to Notre Dame. As a result, the Irish control their own destiny the rest of the way to secure the BIG EAST tournament No. 1 seed.
The Irish will continue to rely upon solid play from Maggie Brindock, who last Sunday recorded a triple-double with 12 kills, 38 assists and 11 digs against Rutgers. It was first time since 2004 and the 22nd time in school history an Irish player recorded a triple-double. Saturday’s match against the Bearcats will mark the home finale for two seniors – Hilary Eppink and Marie Roof. Both players will be honored prior to the match which will be streamed live via und.com at 7 p.m. EST.
Lastly, Fighting Irish Digital Media recently caught up with freshman libero Taylor Morey to highlight her unique serving technique. Check out the video below to see why she has been so successful this season:
- Football. Brian Kelly Press Conference Transcript
- M. Ice Hockey. Petersen To Wear Captain’s “C”
- Cross Country. Class Of 2020 Poised To Make Immediate Contributions
- Football. ROMEO: The Notre Dame Lunch Bunch
- Football. Eyes Will Be Upon #10 Notre Dame, Texas
- W. Volleyball. Irish Volleyball Quick Out of the Gate
- W. Soccer. #12 Irish Solid In 3-0 Victory Over Western Michigan
- M. Soccer. #9 Irish Stymie New Mexico 1-0, Claim Berticelli Tourney
- M. Soccer. Notre Dame-New Mexico Men's Soccer Match Postponed Until 6 P.M. (ET)
- W. Soccer. Western Michigan Match Postponed Due To Lightning
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- ON THIS DAY: 2013 Head @NDFootball Coach Brian Kelly earned his 200th career win. Relive ND's 28-6 win vs. Temple. https://t.co/lIB51vgzTU 1 hour ago
- "What we have here is really unique. It starts with respect." @NDFootball Coach Mike Sanford talks QBs & coaches. amp.twimg.com/v/8169d642-ca9… 3 hours ago
- ☘From dance lessons to quarterbacks. @NDFootball's Josh Adams & Montgomery VanGorder catch up on life. https://t.co/mpeKUdNGIh 9 hours ago
- RT @FightingIrish: 🏈Throwback to the '78 Cotton Bowl. When 5th ranked @NDFootball crushed #1 Texas to claim the 1977 National Title. https… 1 day ago
- 🏈@NDFootball's Justin Yoon has made 12 straight field goals. It's the 4th-longest streak at ND. 👀@jkicker19 https://t.co/cVNRtOOulj 1 day ago