Nov 8, 2012, 1:41 PM EDT
Riding a 10-game winning streak heading into the weekend, Notre Dame volleyball is far from satisfied when it comes to accomplishing team goals for the season.
One of those goals can be crossed off the list following a pair of matches against BIG EAST foes this weekend: a regular season conference championship. To do this, the Irish must defeat Cincinnati at home this Friday (Nov. 9) and Marquette, a squad that knocked off Notre Dame for its only conference loss of the season on Sept. 29.
During that lone conference loss at Purcell Pavilion, Marquette’s size up front and Notre Dame’s inconsistent serving resulted in a five-set Golden Eagles victory, one that the Irish certainly have not forgotten. To truly avenge the loss and secure a regular season championship, the Irish must not overlook Cincinnati which currently sits at fourth place in the BIG EAST conference. Marquette has also only suffered one conference loss (to Louisville), while Louisville’s lone conference loss was to Notre Dame. As a result, the Irish control their own destiny the rest of the way to secure the BIG EAST tournament No. 1 seed.
The Irish will continue to rely upon solid play from Maggie Brindock, who last Sunday recorded a triple-double with 12 kills, 38 assists and 11 digs against Rutgers. It was first time since 2004 and the 22nd time in school history an Irish player recorded a triple-double. Saturday’s match against the Bearcats will mark the home finale for two seniors – Hilary Eppink and Marie Roof. Both players will be honored prior to the match which will be streamed live via und.com at 7 p.m. EST.
Lastly, Fighting Irish Digital Media recently caught up with freshman libero Taylor Morey to highlight her unique serving technique. Check out the video below to see why she has been so successful this season:
- Swimming & Diving. No.14 Fighting Irish Stay Undefeated in Season Beating No.22 Georgia Tech in First Dual ACC Meet
- W. Rowing. Club Four Claims Third At Head of the Charles
- M. Ice Hockey. Gross Leads #3/4 Irish To Comeback Tie
- Swimming & Diving. Strong Start for Fighting Irish in Day 1 of Dual Meet Against No. 22 Georgia Tech
- M. Soccer. #4 Irish End Road Trip With 2-1 Defeat In Double Overtime At Duke
- M. Tennis. Irish Impress In First Rounds Of ITA Regional Play
- W. Volleyball. Irish Sweep Pitt in Strong Performance on the Road
- W. Tennis. Irish Stand Tall At ITA And IU Regionals
- Swimming & Diving. No. 14 Ranked Notre Dame Swimming & Diving In Atlanta for First ACC Meet to Face Georgia Tech
- Football. University of Notre Dame 2016 Shamrock Series
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- ON THIS DAY: 1977 #11 @NDFootball dominated #5 USC 49-19 in the famed "Green Jersey Game". ND would go on to win… twitter.com/i/web/status/7… 2 hours ago
- ☘️ ACC SWEEP @NDVolleyball downs Pitt 3-0, led by sophomore Rebecca Nunge's team-high 10 kills on 25 attempts. ➡️… twitter.com/i/web/status/7… 7 hours ago
- ☘️ To compete with the best you need the best equipment. See ND's cutting edge weight room with @NDFootball. https://t.co/0rbg5Ap7SH 21 hours ago
- With @NDXCTF 4x NCAA champ Molly Seidel has logged 14,000+ miles. Equivalent to running from ND ➡️Taj Mahal & back. https://t.co/gW23X2MBqW 1 day ago
- RT @FightingIrish: 📆 THIS WEEKEND @NDHockey takes on Penn State at home in Compton Family Ice Arena. Fri. | 7:35pm Sat. | 7:05pm TIX:htt… 1 day ago