Dec 5, 2012, 5:04 PM EDT
As I mentioned in my Sports Illustrated cover post a few weeks ago, superstition is nothing new when it comes to sports. So with the Irish in the midst of a perfect season, fans are doing whatever they can to see that Notre Dame hoists the coveted crystal football on Jan. 7.
Josh Stowe (’01) from the Notre Dame Alumni Association recently caught up with a few Domers who shared their lucky rituals.
For example, here’s April Flores’ story:
“I had a baby the week before the season started. She’s never seen an Irish loss in her lifetime! She wears the same Notre Dame onesie that we brought her home from the hospital in for every game. I tried to change it up for the Pitt game and she was back in the lucky onesie for the second half,” she says. “If she outgrows it before January 7 she’s going to have to suck it up and wear a tight onesie!”
Click here to read the rest of the post. As you will see, it’s not the top-ranked defense, the impressive running game, or the stellar coaching, but most certainly the superstitious fans that have Notre Dame playing for its first national championship since 1988.
And just because…
- W. Basketball. Notre Dame Women's Basketball Postgame Quotes - Notre Dame vs. Stanford
- W. Basketball. #2 Irish On To Elite Eight, Beat #14/17 Stanford, 81-60
- M. Swimming. Irish Break Another School Record on Day Two of NCAA Championships
- Track. Two Relays Through To Finals After Day 3 At Texas Relays
- W. Rowing. #14 Irish In Columbus For First Big Ten/ACC Double Dual
- W. Golf. Irish Sit In Seventh At Loaded LSU Tiger Golf Classic After Day One
- W. Tennis. No. 36 Irish Upend Wolfpack 6-1
- W. Basketball. Sweet 16 Preview: (1) Notre Dame vs. (4) Stanford
- W. Basketball. Notre Dame's Turner is Exceeding Expectations Offensively
- M. Basketball. Berth In Final Four For Irish Against Top-Ranked Kentucky
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- ...and lest we forget: tonight makes not one but two Irish basketball squads on to their respective Elite Eights. #NotDoneYet 5 hours ago
- Final in OKC. The Irish down Stanford and advance to the Elite Eight to face Baylor Sunday at 8:30 PM on ESPN. http://t.co/IyJZKPr3nj 5 hours ago
- Accounts you should be following right now: @ndwbb and @NDsidMasters as the Irish look to punch their ticket to the Elite Eight. 6 hours ago
- Lindsay Allen has a career high 24 points..in the first half. @ndwbb now lead Stanford 44-34 as the second half is underway on ESPN. 6 hours ago
- The road continues in OKC. Go Irish. Beat Cardinal. ESPN. Now. http://t.co/JsuGq6qgbr 7 hours ago