Dec 5, 2012, 5:04 PM EDT
As I mentioned in my Sports Illustrated cover post a few weeks ago, superstition is nothing new when it comes to sports. So with the Irish in the midst of a perfect season, fans are doing whatever they can to see that Notre Dame hoists the coveted crystal football on Jan. 7.
Josh Stowe (’01) from the Notre Dame Alumni Association recently caught up with a few Domers who shared their lucky rituals.
For example, here’s April Flores’ story:
“I had a baby the week before the season started. She’s never seen an Irish loss in her lifetime! She wears the same Notre Dame onesie that we brought her home from the hospital in for every game. I tried to change it up for the Pitt game and she was back in the lucky onesie for the second half,” she says. “If she outgrows it before January 7 she’s going to have to suck it up and wear a tight onesie!”
Click here to read the rest of the post. As you will see, it’s not the top-ranked defense, the impressive running game, or the stellar coaching, but most certainly the superstitious fans that have Notre Dame playing for its first national championship since 1988.
And just because…
- Softball. #25 Irish Take On Syracuse In Fifth Annual Strikeout Cancer Series
- W. Basketball. Madison Cable Approved for Final Season of Eligibility with Notre Dame Women's Basketball Team in 2015-16
- Baseball. Irish Extra: Smoyer Takes Next Step and Irish Baseball Benefits
- W. Basketball. IRISH EXTRA: The Challenge Begins Anew for Irish Women's Hoops Program
- W. Lacrosse. No. 7 Northwestern Outslugs No. 10 Notre Dame, 10-9
- Baseball. No. 25 Irish Welcome In NC State For Three-Game ACC Series
- W. Basketball. Jewell Loyd Is No. 1 Overall Pick In 2015 WNBA Draft
- Track. Irish Split To Georgia Tech and Virginia For Weekend Competition
- Football. Blue-Gold Football Telecast Available in Purcell Pavilion
- W. Tennis. No. 33 Irish Meeting No. 21 Clemson, No. 23 Duke This Weekend
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- HALF-A-💯! Cortney Fortunato became 5th @NDWomensLax player to score 50 goals in a year in Thursday's game vs #7 NW. http://t.co/IAU2mUfWhI 1 hour ago
- Deanna Gumpf's (@NDsoftball HC) mission is to fight pediatric cancer. Her team's Strikeout Cancer Weekend does that. http://t.co/F9gnpnhigJ 2 hours ago
- The weather outside is weather. Perfect. Weather. @NDBaseball is back on the diamond tonight at 6pm on @ESPN3. http://t.co/IzhZrKgQxn 6 hours ago
- You never know what will happen at @NotreDameRelay. Learn more about tonight's event (6pm-12): ntrda.me/RelaySchedule http://t.co/A8STh2pXs9 10 hours ago
- School doesn't stop at Commencement ACC Commish John Swofford honored 4 ND student-athletes w/postgrad scholarships. http://t.co/O9M99T31sZ 12 hours ago