Dec 5, 2012, 5:04 PM EDT
As I mentioned in my Sports Illustrated cover post a few weeks ago, superstition is nothing new when it comes to sports. So with the Irish in the midst of a perfect season, fans are doing whatever they can to see that Notre Dame hoists the coveted crystal football on Jan. 7.
Josh Stowe (’01) from the Notre Dame Alumni Association recently caught up with a few Domers who shared their lucky rituals.
For example, here’s April Flores’ story:
“I had a baby the week before the season started. She’s never seen an Irish loss in her lifetime! She wears the same Notre Dame onesie that we brought her home from the hospital in for every game. I tried to change it up for the Pitt game and she was back in the lucky onesie for the second half,” she says. “If she outgrows it before January 7 she’s going to have to suck it up and wear a tight onesie!”
Click here to read the rest of the post. As you will see, it’s not the top-ranked defense, the impressive running game, or the stellar coaching, but most certainly the superstitious fans that have Notre Dame playing for its first national championship since 1988.
And just because…
- Baseball. Getting To Know Baseball's Nick Podkul
- W. Golf. Irish Bound For NCAA Birmingham Regional
- M. Basketball. V.J. Beachem To Return For The 2016-17 Season
- Softball. #19/18 Irish Split Strikeout Cancer Series With #RV Louisville
- Baseball. Irish Fall In Sunday Doubleheader To Ohio
- M. Lacrosse. Sunday Brunch: Irish Are Right There—They Need to Make One More Play
- Track. Irish Relays In Fine Form at Drake Relay Meet
- Football. Sheldon Day Drafted on Day Three of 2016 NFL Draft
- Softball. Irish Softball Schedule Against Louisville Altered
- M. Lacrosse. #13 Duke Eliminates #4 Notre Dame in ACC Men's Lacrosse Semifinal
Fighting Irish on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.