Dec 12, 2012, 1:19 PM EST
On Sunday, Dec. 16, the latest in Notre Dame’s Strong of Heart series will debut on NBC Sports Network. The episode tells the inspiring stories of a pair of former Irish athletes – women’s basketball player Dr. Carol Lally Shields (’79) and swimmer Haley Scott DeMaria (’95).
Dr. Lally Shields is a world-renowned ophthamologist in Philadelphia.
While on the swim team, DeMaria survived a bus accident and overcame a serious back injury to compete again for the Fighting Irish.
The premiere episode will air this Sunday at 4:00 pm ET, and it will be re-broadcast on Jan. 1 at 11:30 pm ET, as well as Jan. 7 at 12:30 pm ET. Here’s a trailer.
This Strong of Heart episode follows the one that originally aired in October, profiling football historian Steve Boda and senior linebacker Manti Te’o. You can watch it in full below.
- M. Ice Hockey. Irish Hockey Ranked #15 In Polls After Petersen's Big Weekend
- M. Basketball. Virginia Preview - Five Things To Know
- W. Tennis. Irish Roll To Twin Sweeps In Season-Opening Doubleheader
- M. Tennis. Irish Fall To #15 Kentucky In Tight 5-2 Contest
- Fencing. Irish Wrap New York Stay At NYU Invite
- W. Basketball. Notre Dame Breezes By Tar Heels
- M. Basketball. Sunday Brunch: Irish Defense Dooms 'Cuse
- M. Ice Hockey. Irish Blank New Hampshire 3-0 For A Three Point Weekend
- Swimming & Diving. Fighting Irish Victorious in Indianapolis
- Fencing. Irish Look Strong At Elite St. John's Invitational
Fighting Irish on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.