Dec 12, 2012, 1:19 PM EDT
On Sunday, Dec. 16, the latest in Notre Dame’s Strong of Heart series will debut on NBC Sports Network. The episode tells the inspiring stories of a pair of former Irish athletes – women’s basketball player Dr. Carol Lally Shields (’79) and swimmer Haley Scott DeMaria (’95).
Dr. Lally Shields is a world-renowned ophthamologist in Philadelphia.
While on the swim team, DeMaria survived a bus accident and overcame a serious back injury to compete again for the Fighting Irish.
The premiere episode will air this Sunday at 4:00 pm ET, and it will be re-broadcast on Jan. 1 at 11:30 pm ET, as well as Jan. 7 at 12:30 pm ET. Here’s a trailer.
This Strong of Heart episode follows the one that originally aired in October, profiling football historian Steve Boda and senior linebacker Manti Te’o. You can watch it in full below.
- M. Soccer. #9 Irish Begin New Season With Berticelli Memorial Tournament
- M. Ice Hockey. Holmberg And Novak Added To Hockey Roster
- Monogram Club. Justice Alan Page To Receive Monogram Club’s Moose Krause Award
- W. Rowing. Shamrock Sisters Are Top 10 At World Championship
- W. Soccer. What To Watch For: Michigan
- W. Lacrosse. Eleven Freshmen Bring Versatility and Depth
- W. Soccer. Ten Questions: Kaela Little
- M. Lacrosse. Landis to Play in US Lacrosse Grand Opening Game
- W. Golf. Women’s Golf Faces Challenging 2016-17 Schedule
- M. Soccer. #9 Irish, Valpo Claw To Draw 1-1 In Scrimmage Finale
Fighting Irish on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.