The academic semester begins on Tuesday, and it’s time to really start focusing on Notre Dame’s winter sports teams, several of which are having outstanding seasons. Check out the latest men’s basketball post on the “In The Paint” blog.
For both Notre Dame fans and Fighting Irish Digital Media, most of the past several weeks were spent focused on football and the BCS championship game.
With the season over, it’s time to turn attention from the gridiron to the hardwood.
After all, the Notre Dame men’s basketball team has now won 12 straight games, including its first two BIG EAST contests – a 93-74 victory against Seton Hall on Saturday and a 66-60 win at Cincinnati, just before the title game on Monday.
The streak is Notre Dame’s longest since the 2006-07 season, and the 14-1 start is the best in the Mike Brey era.
In each of the past five victories, the Irish have shot at least 50% from the field, marking the first time they have achieved that feat since a streak of ten straight games during the 1988-89 season. They went 8-2 during that stretch from…
View original post 74 more words
- Cross Country. Fighting Irish Prepared For Looming 2016 Schedule
- Softball. Irish Softball Academies Return In October
- M. Soccer. Irish Soccer On The Air Throughout 2016
- W. Volleyball. No Limits As Irish Embark Upon 2016
- W. Soccer. #12 Irish Fall To Wolverines 2-0
- M. Soccer. #9 Irish Begin New Season With Berticelli Memorial Tournament
- M. Ice Hockey. Holmberg And Novak Added To Hockey Roster
- Monogram Club. Justice Alan Page To Receive Monogram Club's Moose Krause Award
- W. Rowing. Shamrock Sisters Are Top 10 At World Championship
- W. Soccer. What To Watch For: Michigan
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- ⚽️ When you start the season with a home game. @NDMenSoccer vs. UC Irvine ⏰7:30pm 📺 es.pn/2byzevn https://t.co/gUAUcgf0tS 20 minutes ago
- 🏈 Mike McGlinchey 2016 @NDFootball Captain 👔 Leads by Example ☘ Challenges Teammates 💪 1st Round Work Ethic https://t.co/g9mMNmF6GN 4 hours ago
- 🏈James Onwualu 2016 @NDFootball Captain "He's fantastic with the entire defense." - Coach Brian VanGorder https://t.co/Wbpoh25QZx 7 hours ago
- RT @FightingIrish: "Realize how blessed you are to be here."-Isaac Rochell The 2016 captains explain what it means to lead @NDFootball htt… 19 hours ago
- 🏈 From Practice to Recruiting Special teams coordinator & tight ends coach Scott Booker talks 2016 @NDFootball. amp.twimg.com/v/5917f47c-15b… 22 hours ago