The academic semester begins on Tuesday, and it’s time to really start focusing on Notre Dame’s winter sports teams, several of which are having outstanding seasons. Check out the latest men’s basketball post on the “In The Paint” blog.
For both Notre Dame fans and Fighting Irish Digital Media, most of the past several weeks were spent focused on football and the BCS championship game.
With the season over, it’s time to turn attention from the gridiron to the hardwood.
After all, the Notre Dame men’s basketball team has now won 12 straight games, including its first two BIG EAST contests – a 93-74 victory against Seton Hall on Saturday and a 66-60 win at Cincinnati, just before the title game on Monday.
The streak is Notre Dame’s longest since the 2006-07 season, and the 14-1 start is the best in the Mike Brey era.
In each of the past five victories, the Irish have shot at least 50% from the field, marking the first time they have achieved that feat since a streak of ten straight games during the 1988-89 season. They went 8-2 during that stretch from…
View original post 74 more words
- M. Soccer. #12 Irish Celebrate Senior Night Against #3 North Carolina
- M. Tennis. Irish Duo Snag Doubles Spot AT USTA/ITA National Indoors
- W. Basketball. Ivey Promoted To Associate Head Coach
- Cross Country. Keys To The Race: ACC Championships
- W. Volleyball. Notre Dame Set to Host Miami and Florida State Over Weekend
- Football. Notre Dame Monogram Club: Taking the Next Steps After 100 Years
- W. Golf. Women's Golf To Close Fall Season At Landfall Tradition
- Swimming & Diving. Notre Dame Swimming & Diving Back In ACC Action Friday Versus Miami
- Monogram Club. Alan Page: 'I still have work to do'
- Monogram Club. Monogram Club Guide To Miami Weekend
Fighting Irish on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.