Feb 8, 2013, 11:15 PM EDT
With ESPN’s College GameDay in town for the Notre Dame – Louisville basketball game, it’s shaping up to be a crazy weekend on campus. Earlier today, we posted a Twitter guide to the weekend on the In The Paint blog, for those who might be keeping up with the action from afar.
Speaking of Twitter…6-foot-8 GameDay analyst, lawyer and former Duke player Jay Bilas kindly took some time out of his busy schedule to meet with Grant Van De Casteele and Max Lachowecki for an exclusive interview this afternoon. This past fall, Van De Casteele and Lachowecki helped lead Notre Dame to the #1 overall seed in the NCAA tournament, but you might also recognize the dapper gentlemen from their new video series “Grant & Max 1080°,” part of the new Student-Athlete blog Through Irish Eyes.
So far, they have grilled fencer Alex Coccia and new Student Welfare and Development program director Duke Preston.
Though Grant & Max have had some great early success with their series, until today, they had yet to speak with a guest of Bilas’s stature. Not to mention, ESPN had previously announced that there would not be time for one-on-one interviews with any of the GameDay talent. But with the dynamic duo being the next big thing in television, I suppose they are above the law of the regular media. Needless to say, this was kind of a big deal.
The pair put their hard-hitting, investigative journalism skills on display, asking the always-entertaining and witty Bilas about his acting career, Twitter fame, and his new book, among many other topics.
I was lucky to be in the room as Grant & Max tried to make Bilas hilariously uncomfortable, and I can promise you, the video will be a must-see when it is posted early next week. Make sure to look for it at ndirisheyes.tumblr.com, and if you haven’t already, follow @NDIrishEyes for more from inside the lives of Notre Dame student-athletes.
- Baseball. Getting To Know Baseball's Nick Podkul
- W. Golf. Irish Bound For NCAA Birmingham Regional
- M. Basketball. V.J. Beachem To Return For The 2016-17 Season
- Softball. #19/18 Irish Split Strikeout Cancer Series With #RV Louisville
- Baseball. Irish Fall In Sunday Doubleheader To Ohio
- M. Lacrosse. Sunday Brunch: Irish Are Right There—They Need to Make One More Play
- Track. Irish Relays In Fine Form at Drake Relay Meet
- Football. Sheldon Day Drafted on Day Three of 2016 NFL Draft
- Softball. Irish Softball Schedule Against Louisville Altered
- M. Lacrosse. #13 Duke Eliminates #4 Notre Dame in ACC Men's Lacrosse Semifinal
Fighting Irish on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.