Feb 8, 2013, 11:15 PM EST
With ESPN’s College GameDay in town for the Notre Dame – Louisville basketball game, it’s shaping up to be a crazy weekend on campus. Earlier today, we posted a Twitter guide to the weekend on the In The Paint blog, for those who might be keeping up with the action from afar.
Speaking of Twitter…6-foot-8 GameDay analyst, lawyer and former Duke player Jay Bilas kindly took some time out of his busy schedule to meet with Grant Van De Casteele and Max Lachowecki for an exclusive interview this afternoon. This past fall, Van De Casteele and Lachowecki helped lead Notre Dame to the #1 overall seed in the NCAA tournament, but you might also recognize the dapper gentlemen from their new video series “Grant & Max 1080°,” part of the new Student-Athlete blog Through Irish Eyes.
So far, they have grilled fencer Alex Coccia and new Student Welfare and Development program director Duke Preston.
Though Grant & Max have had some great early success with their series, until today, they had yet to speak with a guest of Bilas’s stature. Not to mention, ESPN had previously announced that there would not be time for one-on-one interviews with any of the GameDay talent. But with the dynamic duo being the next big thing in television, I suppose they are above the law of the regular media. Needless to say, this was kind of a big deal.
The pair put their hard-hitting, investigative journalism skills on display, asking the always-entertaining and witty Bilas about his acting career, Twitter fame, and his new book, among many other topics.
I was lucky to be in the room as Grant & Max tried to make Bilas hilariously uncomfortable, and I can promise you, the video will be a must-see when it is posted early next week. Make sure to look for it at ndirisheyes.tumblr.com, and if you haven’t already, follow @NDIrishEyes for more from inside the lives of Notre Dame student-athletes.
- M. Basketball. Irish Suffer First Conference Defeat at No. 10 Florida State
- W. Basketball. Notre Dame Aims to Bounce Back at Boston College
- Monogram Club. Monogram Club Partners With Bread Of Life/Lou's Lads Food Drive
- M. Soccer. Irish In The Pros: Recapping The 2016 Season
- W. Tennis. Season In Preview: Irish Veterans And Rookies Poised To Make Impact
- W. Basketball. Irish Recruit Patterson Named McDonald's All-American
- M. Tennis. Season Outlook: Irish Look For Perfect Combination Of Youth And Experience
- M. Basketball. SI Now - Why Is Notre Dame Underappreciated?
- General News. Torain Joins Athletics Department As Associate Athletics Director
- W. Basketball. Irish Fall in Final Minute at Tennessee
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- A 4th grade class from California wished to see their dream college. Wish granted! See their trip to @NotreDame. https://t.co/nR7lK5ONvG 11 hours ago
- FIGHTING IRISH vs. SEMINOLES @accmbb Showdown. @NDmbb: #1 in the ACC Florida State: #3 in the ACC ⏰7pm 💻… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 13 hours ago
- Commit to @NDFootball✔️ 1st Day of College✔️ Follow early enrollee Aaron Banks to his 1st ND class & see who he ra… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 19 hours ago
- RT @NDFootball: WATCH:A group of California 4th-graders head to Notre Dame to experience firsthand the University to which they've pledged… 1 day ago
- Who is V.J. Beachem's role model? His favorite NBA player? Find out on Inside @NDmbb. 📺 UND.com/breytvshow https://t.co/4mzC9yW6Uo 1 day ago