Feb 8, 2013, 11:15 PM EST
With ESPN’s College GameDay in town for the Notre Dame – Louisville basketball game, it’s shaping up to be a crazy weekend on campus. Earlier today, we posted a Twitter guide to the weekend on the In The Paint blog, for those who might be keeping up with the action from afar.
Speaking of Twitter…6-foot-8 GameDay analyst, lawyer and former Duke player Jay Bilas kindly took some time out of his busy schedule to meet with Grant Van De Casteele and Max Lachowecki for an exclusive interview this afternoon. This past fall, Van De Casteele and Lachowecki helped lead Notre Dame to the #1 overall seed in the NCAA tournament, but you might also recognize the dapper gentlemen from their new video series “Grant & Max 1080°,” part of the new Student-Athlete blog Through Irish Eyes.
So far, they have grilled fencer Alex Coccia and new Student Welfare and Development program director Duke Preston.
Though Grant & Max have had some great early success with their series, until today, they had yet to speak with a guest of Bilas’s stature. Not to mention, ESPN had previously announced that there would not be time for one-on-one interviews with any of the GameDay talent. But with the dynamic duo being the next big thing in television, I suppose they are above the law of the regular media. Needless to say, this was kind of a big deal.
The pair put their hard-hitting, investigative journalism skills on display, asking the always-entertaining and witty Bilas about his acting career, Twitter fame, and his new book, among many other topics.
I was lucky to be in the room as Grant & Max tried to make Bilas hilariously uncomfortable, and I can promise you, the video will be a must-see when it is posted early next week. Make sure to look for it at ndirisheyes.tumblr.com, and if you haven’t already, follow @NDIrishEyes for more from inside the lives of Notre Dame student-athletes.
- M. Ice Hockey. Michigan Holds On For 1-0 Victory Over Notre Dame
- W. Tennis. Irish Sweep To Doubleheader Victories Over Indiana, Wright State
- M. Basketball. Notre Dame vs. Miami - Five Things To Know
- Baseball. Gilgenbach's Two-Homer Day Takes Series At No. 9 LSU
- M. Tennis. #22 Irish Drop 4-3 Heartbreaker To #20 Blue Devils
- W. Basketball. No. 5 Irish Wrap Last Road Game with 89-55 Win at Boston College
- W. Lacrosse. No. 16 Notre Dame blows by Stetson, 21-7
- Softball. #RV Irish Go 3-1 Versus #14 Minny, #20 UM At B1G/ACC
- M. Golf. Men's Golf to Compete at Prestige at PGA West
- Swimming & Diving. #19 Irish Women Finish 5th At ACC Championships
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- #ICYMI, @NDBaseball earned the series win over No. 9 LSU in the ☝️st games of the year! Take a look back at how th… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 47 minutes ago
- Notre Dame has a long, storied relationship with our United States Presidents and we are proud to honor them today.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- ✅ Most points by an Irish player in an ACC game ✅ Tie program record for made threes in a game ✅ Career high 37 poi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 14 hours ago
- A GRAND way to start the season! @NDBaseball beat No. 9 LSU to win the weekend series behind Eric Gilgenbach's ✌️… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 15 hours ago
- #BigMonday is back! After @NDmbb beat Boston College on the road, the Irish return home to take on Monday at 7 p.m… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 16 hours ago