Feb 8, 2013, 11:15 PM EDT
With ESPN’s College GameDay in town for the Notre Dame – Louisville basketball game, it’s shaping up to be a crazy weekend on campus. Earlier today, we posted a Twitter guide to the weekend on the In The Paint blog, for those who might be keeping up with the action from afar.
Speaking of Twitter…6-foot-8 GameDay analyst, lawyer and former Duke player Jay Bilas kindly took some time out of his busy schedule to meet with Grant Van De Casteele and Max Lachowecki for an exclusive interview this afternoon. This past fall, Van De Casteele and Lachowecki helped lead Notre Dame to the #1 overall seed in the NCAA tournament, but you might also recognize the dapper gentlemen from their new video series “Grant & Max 1080°,” part of the new Student-Athlete blog Through Irish Eyes.
So far, they have grilled fencer Alex Coccia and new Student Welfare and Development program director Duke Preston.
Though Grant & Max have had some great early success with their series, until today, they had yet to speak with a guest of Bilas’s stature. Not to mention, ESPN had previously announced that there would not be time for one-on-one interviews with any of the GameDay talent. But with the dynamic duo being the next big thing in television, I suppose they are above the law of the regular media. Needless to say, this was kind of a big deal.
The pair put their hard-hitting, investigative journalism skills on display, asking the always-entertaining and witty Bilas about his acting career, Twitter fame, and his new book, among many other topics.
I was lucky to be in the room as Grant & Max tried to make Bilas hilariously uncomfortable, and I can promise you, the video will be a must-see when it is posted early next week. Make sure to look for it at ndirisheyes.tumblr.com, and if you haven’t already, follow @NDIrishEyes for more from inside the lives of Notre Dame student-athletes.
- Softball. Changes To Irish-Virginia Tech Softball Series Announced
- Football. Brandon Wimbush: His Chance Now
- M. Ice Hockey. Petersen Honored As A Richter Award Finalist
- W. Basketball. How Sweet It Is: Irish Prepared to Battle Buckeyes
- M. Tennis. Need To Know: Virginia Tech
- W. Tennis. Inside Irish: NC State & Miami
- Softball. Irish Freshmen Rule The Field At Melissa Cook Vs. Michigan St.
- W. Soccer. Spring Opener With Purdue Moved Up To Friday
- Swimming & Diving. Strong Start for No. 19 Notre Dame Men's Swimming and Diving at NCAA Championships
- M. Ice Hockey. NCAA Northeast Regional Awaits
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- ☘ Winning With Style! Michigan State goes down as @NDSoftball walks-off in home opener. ND 11 | MSU 3 https://t.co/vgKqj4gWpR 17 hours ago
- ☘ IRISH vs. BUCKEYES Watch #2 @NDlacrosse take on #4 Ohio State at home. Saturday | 2pm TIX:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 19 hours ago
- 💯 Fresh Jerseys ☀️ Bright Sky ☘ It's Game Day! @NDSoftball kicks off its home opener. ND vs. MSU | 4:30pm 📺… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 23 hours ago
- ⚾️ IRISH WIN HOME OPENER @NDBaseball recorded two 5-run innings in its 12-1 win over Northern Illinois. 📽 Highlig… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- ☘ IRISH DOMINATE ACC FENCING Men's & Women's @NDFencing teams combine for 4 of 6 ACC Fencer of the Year awards. und.com/sports/c-fenc/… 1 day ago