Feb 22, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
The bears are in our neck of the woods. The Baylor Bears, that is.
On Saturday, Feb. 23 at 10 am, the 22nd-ranked Fighting Irish women’s tennis will welcome No. 19 Baylor to the Eck Tennis Pavilion for a match that comes after two straight losses to Purdue and Northwestern.
“We are all really looking forward to the match against Baylor. It is another opportunity to get a great win. We have all been working hard on coming out strong and [getting] off to a good start,” sophomore Molly O’Koniewski said. “Having the momentum is crucial in these types of matches. We learned this the hard way against Purdue and Northwestern this past weekend. The slightest shift in momentum can make the difference in a match.”
The match against Baylor comes a mere five days after the match against Northwestern, which itself followed only two days after Purdue, and will be followed by a match at Indiana on Sunday.
“All of our matches are going to be really tight. With our schedule we don’t have any easy matches so we have to be ready for a fight every time out,” head coach Jay Louderback said. “We are still working on some doubles combinations and feel like we have made a big jump in doubles but want to get better. I feel like we have a team of fighters who are competing each time out.”
The fan support is always greatly appreciated at the Eck. “We were excited to have new fans at the match against Purdue last Friday, and hope more will make it out to the Eck this [Saturday at 10]!” O’Koniewski expressed.
Head out to the Eck Tennis Pavilion this Saturday to escape the snow and support the Fighting Irish as they try to move back up in the rankings.
- W. Basketball. IRISH EXTRA: For Notre Dame and Stanford, A Rivalry Renewed
- M. Basketball. Men's Basketball Post Game Notes
- M. Basketball. Men's Basketball Post Game Quotes
- M. Basketball. Irish in the 2015 NCAA Championships: The Notre Dame Men in Cleveland
- M. Swimming. Day One of NCAAs Brings New School Record For Fighting Irish Men's Swimming
- M. Basketball. Notre Dame Races by Wichita State 81-70 for Elite Eight Spot
- Track. Notre Dame Completes Day Two Of Competition in Texas
- W. Golf. Irish Women's Golf Set To Tee Off In LSU Tiger Classic
- W. Basketball. Loyd Selected As Finalist For 2015 Wade Trophy
- W. Basketball. Notre Dame Women's Basketball Sweet 16 Media Day
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- * @JacCollinsworth looks at Jerry Tillery, def. backs and the QB comp. in today's Morris Inn spring practice report: watchnd.tv/#!/videos/tycj… 1 hour ago
- Our 1st Sports Performance Seminar just wrapped up with a talk from NDFB Strength & Conditioning Coach Paul Longo. http://t.co/LY1PlVMEBD 4 hours ago
- Check out @ND_Performance right now for updates from our annual Sport Performance clinic currently underway. http://t.co/tKuFLpNhCG 6 hours ago
- Last night, Wichita State took a 1 point lead. Then @NDmbb took over. Relive it all now with @WatchND's ICON: watchnd.tv/#!/videos/dkaW… 7 hours ago
- 1:44.00 - At the NCAA Champ Meet, Sr Zachary Stephens set a new school record in the 200IM yesterday. (prev: 1:44.01) http://t.co/FscPM6XiPO 11 hours ago