Feb 22, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
The bears are in our neck of the woods. The Baylor Bears, that is.
On Saturday, Feb. 23 at 10 am, the 22nd-ranked Fighting Irish women’s tennis will welcome No. 19 Baylor to the Eck Tennis Pavilion for a match that comes after two straight losses to Purdue and Northwestern.
“We are all really looking forward to the match against Baylor. It is another opportunity to get a great win. We have all been working hard on coming out strong and [getting] off to a good start,” sophomore Molly O’Koniewski said. “Having the momentum is crucial in these types of matches. We learned this the hard way against Purdue and Northwestern this past weekend. The slightest shift in momentum can make the difference in a match.”
The match against Baylor comes a mere five days after the match against Northwestern, which itself followed only two days after Purdue, and will be followed by a match at Indiana on Sunday.
“All of our matches are going to be really tight. With our schedule we don’t have any easy matches so we have to be ready for a fight every time out,” head coach Jay Louderback said. “We are still working on some doubles combinations and feel like we have made a big jump in doubles but want to get better. I feel like we have a team of fighters who are competing each time out.”
The fan support is always greatly appreciated at the Eck. “We were excited to have new fans at the match against Purdue last Friday, and hope more will make it out to the Eck this [Saturday at 10]!” O’Koniewski expressed.
Head out to the Eck Tennis Pavilion this Saturday to escape the snow and support the Fighting Irish as they try to move back up in the rankings.
- M. Golf. Albin Tops Irish as Play Concludes in Arizona
- W. Golf. Irish Finish Sixth At Season Opening Schooner Classic
- W. Soccer. #24 Irish Tame Panthers In 4-0 Victory
- W. Volleyball. Notre Dame Blows by Hurricanes in Straight-Set Win
- Football. Sunday Brunch: Irish Look Themselves in Mirror
- Football. VanGorder Relieved of Duties; Hudson Assumes Responsibilities
- Football. Notre Dame-Duke 2016: What the Irish Learned
- M. Golf. Irish Battle at Maui Jim Intercollegiate
- W. Golf. Irish Eighth After Two Rounds At The Schooner Classic
- W. Soccer. What To Watch For: Pittsburgh
Fighting Irish on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.