Feb 22, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
The bears are in our neck of the woods. The Baylor Bears, that is.
On Saturday, Feb. 23 at 10 am, the 22nd-ranked Fighting Irish women’s tennis will welcome No. 19 Baylor to the Eck Tennis Pavilion for a match that comes after two straight losses to Purdue and Northwestern.
“We are all really looking forward to the match against Baylor. It is another opportunity to get a great win. We have all been working hard on coming out strong and [getting] off to a good start,” sophomore Molly O’Koniewski said. “Having the momentum is crucial in these types of matches. We learned this the hard way against Purdue and Northwestern this past weekend. The slightest shift in momentum can make the difference in a match.”
The match against Baylor comes a mere five days after the match against Northwestern, which itself followed only two days after Purdue, and will be followed by a match at Indiana on Sunday.
“All of our matches are going to be really tight. With our schedule we don’t have any easy matches so we have to be ready for a fight every time out,” head coach Jay Louderback said. “We are still working on some doubles combinations and feel like we have made a big jump in doubles but want to get better. I feel like we have a team of fighters who are competing each time out.”
The fan support is always greatly appreciated at the Eck. “We were excited to have new fans at the match against Purdue last Friday, and hope more will make it out to the Eck this [Saturday at 10]!” O’Koniewski expressed.
Head out to the Eck Tennis Pavilion this Saturday to escape the snow and support the Fighting Irish as they try to move back up in the rankings.
- M. Soccer. Keys To The Game: North Carolina State
- Cross Country. Irish Extra: Piane Invitational Becomes Top Early-Season Meet
- W. Soccer. #14/4 Irish Stunned By Miami In 2OT, 1-0
- W. Volleyball. Irish Fall To Boston College, 3-0, Friday Night At Purcell Pavilion
- W. Tennis. Irish Successful On Day One At Purdue Invite
- M. Tennis. Need To Know: ITA All-American Championships
- Cross Country. Notre Dame Continues Building Tradition at the Joe Piane Notre Dame Invitational
- W. Golf. Irish Continue Fall Slate at Chip-N Club Invitational
- W. Rowing. Fifth Annual Irish Rowing Erg-A-Thon Set For October 9
- Monogram Club. Boxx Leaves A Legacy Of Life Lessons Learned
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- 🏈 Kizer to C.J. Prosise for the TD #56Yards Let's go. #NDvsCLEM http://t.co/oikqvCHWyt 10 minutes ago
- 🏈 Yoooooooon #46Yards http://t.co/ruV8zY90BA 2 hours ago
- 🏈 Irish Fans... It's time. #6 @NDFootball vs. #12 Clemson Get HYPE with THE ARRIVAL. http://t.co/215iyjE62i 3 hours ago
- 🍀A little good luck from the Dome🍁 #NDvClem 🕗 8 pm ET 📺 ABC http://t.co/GHmCsJAhvq 5 hours ago
- 🏈 Rockne has something to say #BeatClemson #6 @NDFootball vs #12 Clemson 🕗 8 pm ET 📺 ABC http://t.co/6iy8F1Vfhg 6 hours ago