Feb 22, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
The bears are in our neck of the woods. The Baylor Bears, that is.
On Saturday, Feb. 23 at 10 am, the 22nd-ranked Fighting Irish women’s tennis will welcome No. 19 Baylor to the Eck Tennis Pavilion for a match that comes after two straight losses to Purdue and Northwestern.
“We are all really looking forward to the match against Baylor. It is another opportunity to get a great win. We have all been working hard on coming out strong and [getting] off to a good start,” sophomore Molly O’Koniewski said. “Having the momentum is crucial in these types of matches. We learned this the hard way against Purdue and Northwestern this past weekend. The slightest shift in momentum can make the difference in a match.”
The match against Baylor comes a mere five days after the match against Northwestern, which itself followed only two days after Purdue, and will be followed by a match at Indiana on Sunday.
“All of our matches are going to be really tight. With our schedule we don’t have any easy matches so we have to be ready for a fight every time out,” head coach Jay Louderback said. “We are still working on some doubles combinations and feel like we have made a big jump in doubles but want to get better. I feel like we have a team of fighters who are competing each time out.”
The fan support is always greatly appreciated at the Eck. “We were excited to have new fans at the match against Purdue last Friday, and hope more will make it out to the Eck this [Saturday at 10]!” O’Koniewski expressed.
Head out to the Eck Tennis Pavilion this Saturday to escape the snow and support the Fighting Irish as they try to move back up in the rankings.
- W. Golf. Irish 10th After First Round of NCAA Birmingham Regional
- M. Lacrosse. Irish Close Regular-Season Slate with Home Date vs. Army West Point
- W. Lacrosse. Honors Pour in For No. 6 Notre Dame
- W. Soccer. Irish Look Toward Future After Solid Spring Campaign
- M. Soccer. Irish Unveil Strong 2016 Soccer Schedule
- W. Golf. From The First Tee: Irish at NCAA Birmingham Regional
- W. Golf. Campbell Repeats as All-ACC Selection
- M. Basketball. Irish To Face Defending National Champion Villanova In Inaugural Never Forget Tribute Classic
- W. Swimming. Irish Add Ninth Signee to Incoming Freshman Class
- M. Tennis. Irish To Face Stanford In NCAA Championship First Round
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- 📸 PHOTO FRIDAY 🍀 Our top fan pics of the week. Send us yours on Instagram. Follow & Tag: thefightingirish https://t.co/XmKjTExb5E 1 hour ago
- 📸 PHOTO OF THE WEEK When your biggest dream comes true. ND's Ronnie Stanley drafted to the @Ravens. #NDinTheNFL https://t.co/NrZnNVMTGU 16 hours ago
- LaPhonso Ellis Adrian Dantley Zach Auguste Only @NDmbb players to grab over 800 rebounds & shoot over .560 https://t.co/OkcK21TETV 17 hours ago
- Running Back ➡️ Wide Receiver @NDFootball ➡️ @AZCardinals Amir Carlisle makes plays wherever he goes #NDinTheNFL https://t.co/hLnGAq5Vr4 18 hours ago
- 🏈 It's never too early to prep for football season. 👔 Get The Shirt before summer. ☀️ BUY: shop.und.com/Notre_Dame_Fig… https://t.co/x0B5k0dnEW 19 hours ago