Feb 22, 2013, 1:00 PM EST
The bears are in our neck of the woods. The Baylor Bears, that is.
On Saturday, Feb. 23 at 10 am, the 22nd-ranked Fighting Irish women’s tennis will welcome No. 19 Baylor to the Eck Tennis Pavilion for a match that comes after two straight losses to Purdue and Northwestern.
“We are all really looking forward to the match against Baylor. It is another opportunity to get a great win. We have all been working hard on coming out strong and [getting] off to a good start,” sophomore Molly O’Koniewski said. “Having the momentum is crucial in these types of matches. We learned this the hard way against Purdue and Northwestern this past weekend. The slightest shift in momentum can make the difference in a match.”
The match against Baylor comes a mere five days after the match against Northwestern, which itself followed only two days after Purdue, and will be followed by a match at Indiana on Sunday.
“All of our matches are going to be really tight. With our schedule we don’t have any easy matches so we have to be ready for a fight every time out,” head coach Jay Louderback said. “We are still working on some doubles combinations and feel like we have made a big jump in doubles but want to get better. I feel like we have a team of fighters who are competing each time out.”
The fan support is always greatly appreciated at the Eck. “We were excited to have new fans at the match against Purdue last Friday, and hope more will make it out to the Eck this [Saturday at 10]!” O’Koniewski expressed.
Head out to the Eck Tennis Pavilion this Saturday to escape the snow and support the Fighting Irish as they try to move back up in the rankings.
- M. Basketball. Irish Suffer First Conference Defeat at No. 10 Florida State
- W. Basketball. Notre Dame Aims to Bounce Back at Boston College
- Monogram Club. Monogram Club Partners With Bread Of Life/Lou's Lads Food Drive
- M. Soccer. Irish In The Pros: Recapping The 2016 Season
- W. Tennis. Season In Preview: Irish Veterans And Rookies Poised To Make Impact
- W. Basketball. Irish Recruit Patterson Named McDonald's All-American
- M. Tennis. Season Outlook: Irish Look For Perfect Combination Of Youth And Experience
- M. Basketball. SI Now - Why Is Notre Dame Underappreciated?
- General News. Torain Joins Athletics Department As Associate Athletics Director
- W. Basketball. Irish Fall in Final Minute at Tennessee
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- A 4th grade class from California wished to see their dream college. Wish granted! See their trip to @NotreDame. https://t.co/nR7lK5ONvG 11 hours ago
- FIGHTING IRISH vs. SEMINOLES @accmbb Showdown. @NDmbb: #1 in the ACC Florida State: #3 in the ACC ⏰7pm 💻… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 13 hours ago
- Commit to @NDFootball✔️ 1st Day of College✔️ Follow early enrollee Aaron Banks to his 1st ND class & see who he ra… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 19 hours ago
- RT @NDFootball: WATCH:A group of California 4th-graders head to Notre Dame to experience firsthand the University to which they've pledged… 1 day ago
- Who is V.J. Beachem's role model? His favorite NBA player? Find out on Inside @NDmbb. 📺 UND.com/breytvshow https://t.co/4mzC9yW6Uo 1 day ago