Feb 22, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
The bears are in our neck of the woods. The Baylor Bears, that is.
On Saturday, Feb. 23 at 10 am, the 22nd-ranked Fighting Irish women’s tennis will welcome No. 19 Baylor to the Eck Tennis Pavilion for a match that comes after two straight losses to Purdue and Northwestern.
“We are all really looking forward to the match against Baylor. It is another opportunity to get a great win. We have all been working hard on coming out strong and [getting] off to a good start,” sophomore Molly O’Koniewski said. “Having the momentum is crucial in these types of matches. We learned this the hard way against Purdue and Northwestern this past weekend. The slightest shift in momentum can make the difference in a match.”
The match against Baylor comes a mere five days after the match against Northwestern, which itself followed only two days after Purdue, and will be followed by a match at Indiana on Sunday.
“All of our matches are going to be really tight. With our schedule we don’t have any easy matches so we have to be ready for a fight every time out,” head coach Jay Louderback said. “We are still working on some doubles combinations and feel like we have made a big jump in doubles but want to get better. I feel like we have a team of fighters who are competing each time out.”
The fan support is always greatly appreciated at the Eck. “We were excited to have new fans at the match against Purdue last Friday, and hope more will make it out to the Eck this [Saturday at 10]!” O’Koniewski expressed.
Head out to the Eck Tennis Pavilion this Saturday to escape the snow and support the Fighting Irish as they try to move back up in the rankings.
- Football. Quenton Nelson, Mike McGlinchey Named Preseason Associated Press All-Americans
- M. Soccer. #10 Irish Outrun Valpo 3-0 In Grassroot Soccer Clash
- W. Basketball. Visual Look Back at Ogunbowale's Trip to Tokyo
- W. Volleyball. Notre Dame Volleyball Season Preview
- Football. Notre Dame Stadium: It's a Go
- W. Soccer. Offense Erupts in #18 Notre Dame's 4-0 Win
- Football. Bob Elliott: A Warrior for All Seasons
- Football. Limited Tickets Remain for Irish Football Home Opener Versus Temple
- M. Soccer. #10 Irish, Valpo Clash In Annual Grassroot Soccer Contest
- W. Soccer. #18 Irish, Butler Draw 0-0 In 2017 Lid-Lifter
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- 📚 The first day of classes is complete and our students are home under the dome. Here's to a new school year! https://t.co/vAkGqiGk9K 5 hours ago
- 🏈 INSIDE NOTRE DAME STADIUM Here's a look at the renovated restrooms! #NDBiggerThanBrick https://t.co/gcKD1V4heT 8 hours ago
- ☘ Stadium Updates We renovated the restrooms at Notre Dame Stadium. Check back soon to see the interior!… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 11 hours ago
- ⚽️ ND TAKES DOWN VALPO! #10 @NDMenSoccer downs Valpo 3-0 in annual Grassroot Soccer game. 📽 Highlights https://t.co/5v6zVelR07 14 hours ago
- "We're right where we need to be." @NDSportsBlogger interviewed D-Lineman Daelin Hayes after Sunday's New & Gold G… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago