Feb 22, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
The bears are in our neck of the woods. The Baylor Bears, that is.
On Saturday, Feb. 23 at 10 am, the 22nd-ranked Fighting Irish women’s tennis will welcome No. 19 Baylor to the Eck Tennis Pavilion for a match that comes after two straight losses to Purdue and Northwestern.
“We are all really looking forward to the match against Baylor. It is another opportunity to get a great win. We have all been working hard on coming out strong and [getting] off to a good start,” sophomore Molly O’Koniewski said. “Having the momentum is crucial in these types of matches. We learned this the hard way against Purdue and Northwestern this past weekend. The slightest shift in momentum can make the difference in a match.”
The match against Baylor comes a mere five days after the match against Northwestern, which itself followed only two days after Purdue, and will be followed by a match at Indiana on Sunday.
“All of our matches are going to be really tight. With our schedule we don’t have any easy matches so we have to be ready for a fight every time out,” head coach Jay Louderback said. “We are still working on some doubles combinations and feel like we have made a big jump in doubles but want to get better. I feel like we have a team of fighters who are competing each time out.”
The fan support is always greatly appreciated at the Eck. “We were excited to have new fans at the match against Purdue last Friday, and hope more will make it out to the Eck this [Saturday at 10]!” O’Koniewski expressed.
Head out to the Eck Tennis Pavilion this Saturday to escape the snow and support the Fighting Irish as they try to move back up in the rankings.
- Baseball. Irish And Hoosiers Renew Series Tuesday Night At Victory Field In Indianapolis
- M. Lacrosse. Matt Kavanagh Cops ACC Offensive Player of the Week Honors
- Softball. Koerner Slugs Her Way To ACC Player Of The Week Recognition
- M. Tennis. Irish Extra: Irish Men's Doubles Pairing Boasts All-Star Potential
- M. Lacrosse. IRISH EXTRA: Fans Mob Arlotta Stadium Turf After Epic Irish Victory
- M. Ice Hockey. Hockey Hands Out Team Awards
- W. Lacrosse. No. 10 Notre Dame Falls to No. 14 Louisville, 10-8
- Softball. #25 Irish Roll Over Syracuse 12-0 In Five For 23rd Straight Win
- W. Tennis. No. 33 Notre Dame Falls To No. 23 Duke, 4-1
- Baseball. No. 25 Irish Split With Wolfpack Saturday; Clinch ACC Series
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- 🍀Irish Ranked Nationally🍀 (Top-25) #1 - @NDlacrosse #11 - @NDWomensLax #17 - @NotreDameRowing #25 - @NDsoftball http://t.co/vrN92H9Zux 12 hours ago
- Former @NDBaseball outfielder A.J. Pollock was on 🔥🔥🔥 at the plate this weekend for the @Dbacks & played a little "D" http://t.co/8bFY2rHM4c 1 day ago
- Our header photo will now change to show the best @NotreDame moments. @NDlacrosse's game winner is up! #1PercentMore http://t.co/4TszWRebRJ 1 day ago
- #GoLow ⛳️@NDwomensGolf finished +7 in ACC Championship w/Talia Campbell carding a team-leading one-under par score. http://t.co/bbuROGonDt 1 day ago
- THE KING OF CLUTCH. Matt Kavanagh tallied the ACC Championship winning goal over #2 UNC with 7.6 seconds left. 🏆⚪️🍀 http://t.co/ddDyf2rBQZ 2 days ago