Mar 21, 2013, 8:54 AM EDT
The #15 Fighting Irish (12-5, 0-0 BIG EAST) will play their first home series of the season against conference opponent Seton Hall (6-10, 0-0).
The three-game series will take place at Coveleski Stadium in downtown South Bend, Friday night at 7:00pm, Saturday afternoon at 4:30pm, and Sunday at 11:00am.
The Seton Hall Pirates got off to a rough start, losing their first nine games, including two to top-ranked North Carolina, but are getting back track, having won six of their last seven. The weekend series will kick off conference play for the Pirates as well.
Following their series against Seton Hall, the Irish will take on Kent State (6-11, 0-0) on Monday afternoon at 12:30pm and again Tuesday night at 5:35pm. Monday’s game will be played also be played at “The Cove,” with the Irish hoping to return to their usual home field for the finale. If Frank Eck Stadium isn’t suitable for play, the game will likely move to 6:30pm in Gary, Ind.
This will be the Kent State Golden Eagles’ final road series before heading back to Ohio to face Ball State.
Thus far in 2013, Eric Jagielo has led the Irish in hitting categories, posting an impressive .393/.487/.738 AVG/OBP/SLG line with six home runs. He has 45 total bases off of 24 hits, so he’s nearly averaging a double every time he reaches base safely.
Senior RHP Adam Norton has been the dominant starting pitcher, with five wins in five starts, a 1.25 ERA, and a 1.05 WHIP. Opponents are hitting just .237 against Norton in 139 AB.
Junior closer Dan Slania has also been very effective from the hill, earning two wins and five saves in eight appearances. He has yet to allow a run to cross the plate, and his 7.0 K/BB ratio is a testament to his dominance late in tight games.
These series will serve as a chance for Notre Dame to assert its dominance in the BIG EAST and give students a chance to come out and see the team for the first time this season.
- Football. Quenton Nelson, Mike McGlinchey Named Preseason Associated Press All-Americans
- M. Soccer. #10 Irish Outrun Valpo 3-0 In Grassroot Soccer Clash
- W. Basketball. Visual Look Back at Ogunbowale's Trip to Tokyo
- W. Volleyball. Notre Dame Volleyball Season Preview
- Football. Notre Dame Stadium: It's a Go
- W. Soccer. Offense Erupts in #18 Notre Dame's 4-0 Win
- Football. Bob Elliott: A Warrior for All Seasons
- Football. Limited Tickets Remain for Irish Football Home Opener Versus Temple
- M. Soccer. #10 Irish, Valpo Clash In Annual Grassroot Soccer Contest
- W. Soccer. #18 Irish, Butler Draw 0-0 In 2017 Lid-Lifter
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- 📚 The first day of classes is complete and our students are home under the dome. Here's to a new school year! https://t.co/vAkGqiGk9K 5 hours ago
- 🏈 INSIDE NOTRE DAME STADIUM Here's a look at the renovated restrooms! #NDBiggerThanBrick https://t.co/gcKD1V4heT 8 hours ago
- ☘ Stadium Updates We renovated the restrooms at Notre Dame Stadium. Check back soon to see the interior!… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 11 hours ago
- ⚽️ ND TAKES DOWN VALPO! #10 @NDMenSoccer downs Valpo 3-0 in annual Grassroot Soccer game. 📽 Highlights https://t.co/5v6zVelR07 14 hours ago
- "We're right where we need to be." @NDSportsBlogger interviewed D-Lineman Daelin Hayes after Sunday's New & Gold G… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago