Mar 21, 2013, 8:54 AM EST
The #15 Fighting Irish (12-5, 0-0 BIG EAST) will play their first home series of the season against conference opponent Seton Hall (6-10, 0-0).
The three-game series will take place at Coveleski Stadium in downtown South Bend, Friday night at 7:00pm, Saturday afternoon at 4:30pm, and Sunday at 11:00am.
The Seton Hall Pirates got off to a rough start, losing their first nine games, including two to top-ranked North Carolina, but are getting back track, having won six of their last seven. The weekend series will kick off conference play for the Pirates as well.
Following their series against Seton Hall, the Irish will take on Kent State (6-11, 0-0) on Monday afternoon at 12:30pm and again Tuesday night at 5:35pm. Monday’s game will be played also be played at “The Cove,” with the Irish hoping to return to their usual home field for the finale. If Frank Eck Stadium isn’t suitable for play, the game will likely move to 6:30pm in Gary, Ind.
This will be the Kent State Golden Eagles’ final road series before heading back to Ohio to face Ball State.
Thus far in 2013, Eric Jagielo has led the Irish in hitting categories, posting an impressive .393/.487/.738 AVG/OBP/SLG line with six home runs. He has 45 total bases off of 24 hits, so he’s nearly averaging a double every time he reaches base safely.
Senior RHP Adam Norton has been the dominant starting pitcher, with five wins in five starts, a 1.25 ERA, and a 1.05 WHIP. Opponents are hitting just .237 against Norton in 139 AB.
Junior closer Dan Slania has also been very effective from the hill, earning two wins and five saves in eight appearances. He has yet to allow a run to cross the plate, and his 7.0 K/BB ratio is a testament to his dominance late in tight games.
These series will serve as a chance for Notre Dame to assert its dominance in the BIG EAST and give students a chance to come out and see the team for the first time this season.
- W. Basketball. No. 2 Irish Renew Border Battle with (-/RV) DePaul
- W. Soccer. A Look Back: 2017 Top Moments
- General News. Irish Student-Athletes Celebrate 21st Annual Pediatric Christmas Party
- M. Basketball. #Breyteen - Irish Outlast Butler In Overtime Thriller
- W. Basketball. Three Former Irish Named to 2017-20 USA National Team Pool
- W. Soccer. Yu Named Scholar All-American
- Football. Mike McGlinchey Named 101st Consensus All-American In School History
- M. Lacrosse. Notre Dame Announces Details For Annual NDLaxTV National Coaching Clinic
- M. Basketball. Notre Dame vs. Indiana - Five Things To Know
- Football. Quenton Nelson Named 34th Unanimous All-American In School History
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- ✅ 7️⃣ games with over 💯 rush yards ✅ 9️⃣ TDs ✅ 8️⃣5️⃣-yard TD vs. USC @NDFootball's Josh Adams was named the Of… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 57 minutes ago
- Time to hoop with the Hoosiers. The #CrossroadsClassic tips off at 2:30 p.m. ET when @NDmbb faces Indiana. 📺 FOX… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- And the winner is... Check out all the award 🏆 winners from @NDFootball's annual awards show, Echoes. ⤵️… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- Out with the old. Tumbling in with the new. Send a volley cheer on high because @NDCheerTeam's new uniforms will… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 hours ago
- Welcome to Indiana basketball. @NDmbb heads to Indianapolis to take on the rival Hoosiers at 2:30 p.m. ET for the… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 hours ago