Mar 21, 2013, 8:54 AM EDT
The #15 Fighting Irish (12-5, 0-0 BIG EAST) will play their first home series of the season against conference opponent Seton Hall (6-10, 0-0).
The three-game series will take place at Coveleski Stadium in downtown South Bend, Friday night at 7:00pm, Saturday afternoon at 4:30pm, and Sunday at 11:00am.
The Seton Hall Pirates got off to a rough start, losing their first nine games, including two to top-ranked North Carolina, but are getting back track, having won six of their last seven. The weekend series will kick off conference play for the Pirates as well.
Following their series against Seton Hall, the Irish will take on Kent State (6-11, 0-0) on Monday afternoon at 12:30pm and again Tuesday night at 5:35pm. Monday’s game will be played also be played at “The Cove,” with the Irish hoping to return to their usual home field for the finale. If Frank Eck Stadium isn’t suitable for play, the game will likely move to 6:30pm in Gary, Ind.
This will be the Kent State Golden Eagles’ final road series before heading back to Ohio to face Ball State.
Thus far in 2013, Eric Jagielo has led the Irish in hitting categories, posting an impressive .393/.487/.738 AVG/OBP/SLG line with six home runs. He has 45 total bases off of 24 hits, so he’s nearly averaging a double every time he reaches base safely.
Senior RHP Adam Norton has been the dominant starting pitcher, with five wins in five starts, a 1.25 ERA, and a 1.05 WHIP. Opponents are hitting just .237 against Norton in 139 AB.
Junior closer Dan Slania has also been very effective from the hill, earning two wins and five saves in eight appearances. He has yet to allow a run to cross the plate, and his 7.0 K/BB ratio is a testament to his dominance late in tight games.
These series will serve as a chance for Notre Dame to assert its dominance in the BIG EAST and give students a chance to come out and see the team for the first time this season.
- W. Volleyball. Notre Dame Volleyball Unveils 2018 Schedule
- M. Golf. Two Irish Golfers Named to All-ACC Academic Team
- Track & Field. Harris Named First Team Academic All-American
- Football. WATCH: Freshmen Move In
- W. Golf. Irish Trio Earn 2018 All-ACC Academic Team Honors
- M. Ice Hockey. Brauer Signs With South Carolina Stingrays
- W. Soccer. Challenging 2018 Schedule Announced For Women's Soccer
- W. Basketball. Women's Basketball Nominated for Three ESPYS
- Track & Field. Irish Set To Compete At USA Track & Field Championships
- M. Ice Hockey. Irish Announce Incoming Class
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- ✔️ ACC All-American 📚 ✔️ @NotreDame theology grad 🎓 ✔️ NCAA Outdoor Championships competitor 👟 Now, @NDXCTF's Je… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 52 minutes ago
- RT for a chance to win! ☝️ night at the @MorrisInnND ✌️ @NDmbb tickets 🎟 When you come to campus to catch the Iri… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 hours ago
- 9️⃣ new skaters, 1️⃣ stellar freshman class. Meet the new @NDHockey student-athletes you'll love watching on the i… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 hours ago
- The #NDFamily is everywhere! 🇪🇸 As @NDLacrosse took in the sights of Madrid, @NotreDame alum Matthew Kineen taught… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 20 hours ago
- 🏀 Best Team ☑️ @ndwbb 🏀 Best Moment ☑️ @ndwbb 🏀 Best Play ☑️ @ndwbb Yep, you know who we're voting for. Give… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 22 hours ago