Mar 21, 2013, 8:54 AM EST
The #15 Fighting Irish (12-5, 0-0 BIG EAST) will play their first home series of the season against conference opponent Seton Hall (6-10, 0-0).
The three-game series will take place at Coveleski Stadium in downtown South Bend, Friday night at 7:00pm, Saturday afternoon at 4:30pm, and Sunday at 11:00am.
The Seton Hall Pirates got off to a rough start, losing their first nine games, including two to top-ranked North Carolina, but are getting back track, having won six of their last seven. The weekend series will kick off conference play for the Pirates as well.
Following their series against Seton Hall, the Irish will take on Kent State (6-11, 0-0) on Monday afternoon at 12:30pm and again Tuesday night at 5:35pm. Monday’s game will be played also be played at “The Cove,” with the Irish hoping to return to their usual home field for the finale. If Frank Eck Stadium isn’t suitable for play, the game will likely move to 6:30pm in Gary, Ind.
This will be the Kent State Golden Eagles’ final road series before heading back to Ohio to face Ball State.
Thus far in 2013, Eric Jagielo has led the Irish in hitting categories, posting an impressive .393/.487/.738 AVG/OBP/SLG line with six home runs. He has 45 total bases off of 24 hits, so he’s nearly averaging a double every time he reaches base safely.
Senior RHP Adam Norton has been the dominant starting pitcher, with five wins in five starts, a 1.25 ERA, and a 1.05 WHIP. Opponents are hitting just .237 against Norton in 139 AB.
Junior closer Dan Slania has also been very effective from the hill, earning two wins and five saves in eight appearances. He has yet to allow a run to cross the plate, and his 7.0 K/BB ratio is a testament to his dominance late in tight games.
These series will serve as a chance for Notre Dame to assert its dominance in the BIG EAST and give students a chance to come out and see the team for the first time this season.
- M. Basketball. Notre Dame Comes Up Short Against Hurricanes, 77-74
- Baseball. Gilgenbach Garners ACC Co-Player of the Week Honors
- M. Ice Hockey. Michigan Holds On For 1-0 Victory Over Notre Dame
- W. Tennis. Irish Sweep To Doubleheader Victories Over Indiana, Wright State
- M. Basketball. Notre Dame vs. Miami - Five Things To Know
- Baseball. Gilgenbach's Two-Homer Day Takes Series At No. 9 LSU
- M. Tennis. #22 Irish Drop 4-3 Heartbreaker To #20 Blue Devils
- W. Basketball. No. 5 Irish Wrap Last Road Game with 89-55 Win at Boston College
- W. Lacrosse. No. 16 Notre Dame blows by Stetson, 21-7
- Softball. #RV Irish Go 3-1 Versus #14 Minny, #20 UM At B1G/ACC
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- No. 5 @ndwbb brought home a win from its final road trip of the year. Take a behind-the-scenes look 👀 at the Iris… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 8 hours ago
- ✌️ #Gilgenbombs = ☝️ ACC Co-Player of the Week award for Gilgenbach! @NDBaseball's Eric Gilgenbach hit two home ru… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 9 hours ago
- Matt Farrell’s ready and so are the Irish. Catch @NDmbb vs. Miami, LIVE on #BigMonday at 7 p.m. ET on ESPN.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 11 hours ago
- #BigMonday is back! After @NDmbb beat Boston College on the road, the Irish return home to take on Monday at 7 p.m… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 11 hours ago
- We couldn't let #PresidentsDay pass without honoring one of our all-time great alumni, President Jed Bartlet.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 12 hours ago