Mar 21, 2013, 8:54 AM EDT
The #15 Fighting Irish (12-5, 0-0 BIG EAST) will play their first home series of the season against conference opponent Seton Hall (6-10, 0-0).
The three-game series will take place at Coveleski Stadium in downtown South Bend, Friday night at 7:00pm, Saturday afternoon at 4:30pm, and Sunday at 11:00am.
The Seton Hall Pirates got off to a rough start, losing their first nine games, including two to top-ranked North Carolina, but are getting back track, having won six of their last seven. The weekend series will kick off conference play for the Pirates as well.
Following their series against Seton Hall, the Irish will take on Kent State (6-11, 0-0) on Monday afternoon at 12:30pm and again Tuesday night at 5:35pm. Monday’s game will be played also be played at “The Cove,” with the Irish hoping to return to their usual home field for the finale. If Frank Eck Stadium isn’t suitable for play, the game will likely move to 6:30pm in Gary, Ind.
This will be the Kent State Golden Eagles’ final road series before heading back to Ohio to face Ball State.
Thus far in 2013, Eric Jagielo has led the Irish in hitting categories, posting an impressive .393/.487/.738 AVG/OBP/SLG line with six home runs. He has 45 total bases off of 24 hits, so he’s nearly averaging a double every time he reaches base safely.
Senior RHP Adam Norton has been the dominant starting pitcher, with five wins in five starts, a 1.25 ERA, and a 1.05 WHIP. Opponents are hitting just .237 against Norton in 139 AB.
Junior closer Dan Slania has also been very effective from the hill, earning two wins and five saves in eight appearances. He has yet to allow a run to cross the plate, and his 7.0 K/BB ratio is a testament to his dominance late in tight games.
These series will serve as a chance for Notre Dame to assert its dominance in the BIG EAST and give students a chance to come out and see the team for the first time this season.
- Football. Tranquill Named Wuerffel Trophy Nominee
- M. Basketball. Coach Brey Press Conference - October 19, 2017
- M. Soccer. #12 Irish Honor Seniors, Take On #15 Duke Friday
- W. Volleyball. Sunshine State Bound: The Irish Are Set To Play FSU And Miami This Weekend
- Swimming & Diving. Swimming & Diving Welcomes Georgia Tech on Friday
- W. Basketball. Irish Selected as ACC Preseason Favorites Once Again
- Football. Notre Dame-USC Preview: The Unrivaled Rivalry
- M. Lacrosse. NYC Networking Trip Up Next On Notre Dame Lacrosse Fall Experience
- M. Tennis. Irish Set To Compete At ITA Midwest Regional Championships
- W. Basketball. Trio to Represent Irish at ACC Media Day
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- It's never been more dramatic than it is today. On Saturday, @NDFootball & USC showdown for the Shillelagh Trophy… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- "I can't wait to send USC back to LA [...] with a big loss." Mayor @PeteButtigieg is ready for @NDFootball gameday… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- "Any time you get to play SC, especially at our place, it's a special game." Saturday, @NDFootball takes its shot.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 hours ago
- One team, one town -- gameday and every day. Thank you for your service, @SouthBendFire. #GoIrish #BeatTrojans https://t.co/d81wSlXXPu 3 hours ago
- Your weekend ✅list continues with four more stops off the beaten path @NotreDame. #GoIrish https://t.co/issrNnW2OA 4 hours ago