Mar 22, 2013, 2:51 PM EDT
The team played a little indoor soccer as the players waited for Michigan to get off the ice, using the scattered furniture left over from last night’s Rhianna concert as goals.
“It’s a team tradition,” Father Tom, the team chaplain, said, “they like to kick around to unwind.”
As the Michigan players started heading towards the locker room, the guys made their last few shots on goal. The first practice at the Joe Louis Arena, home of the Detroit Red Wings, was about to start.
Tomorrow at 1:05 pm, the Irish will be playing Ohio State in the semifinals of the CCHA Tournament. If they win, a trip to the NCAA Tournament will be even closer. But for now, the Buckeyes are priority number one.
But there are other reasons to arrive early. Several of the team’s members have been nominated for CCHA Awards, most notably, Anders Lee (Player of the Year, Best Defensive Forward). After practice the team will head back to the hotel to change for Mass, dinner, and then the awards show, an event that describes itself as “an Academy Awards-style event with music videos and highlights…held at the historic Fox Theatre in downtown Detroit.” A little fun before the games begin.
Follow us on Twitter at @ND_Hockey, and tune in tomorrow for our CCHA Awards recap.
- W. Rowing. Championship Eight, Four Compete At Head Of The Charles
- W. Volleyball. Irish Stun Miami In Incredible 3-2 Comeback Victory
- M. Tennis. Lebedev Falls In ITA Midwest Regional Quarterfinal
- Football. Replay: Trojans No Match for Physical Irish
- M. Golf. Irish to Compete in Final Fall Tournament
- W. Soccer. Irish Complete Sweep Through Florida With 2-1 Win Over Miami
- Football. Irish Bring Home Shillelagh in Emphatic 49-14 Win
- M. Tennis. Lebedev Advances At ITA Midwest Regional Championships
- Football. Championship Road Runs Through South Bend
- W. Rowing. Club Four Finishes Eighth At Head Of The Charles
Fighting Irish on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.