Mar 23, 2013, 2:48 PM EDT
Last night, the Notre Dame hockey team attended the CCHA Awards Show, appropriately themed “Celebrate the Legacy.” This was the last awards show for the CCHA, a conference that after 42 years will hold its last championship game on Sunday.
It was a night for reflection and celebration, as coaches and players assembled one last time to honor a conference that has been important to the history of collegiate hockey.
Around 8 pm, the CCHA awards were handed out, and Notre Dame Hockey was well represented.
- Peter Schneider was Notre Dame’s CCHA Scholar Athletes of the Year
- Steven Summerhays was a finalist for the Perani Cup, given to the player on each team who receives the most three stars of the game honors in CCHA play
- Anders Lee was a finalist for the Best Defensive Forward, and the Warrior CCHA Player of the Year awards, and named to the All Conference First Team
- Mario Lucia was named to the All Rookie Team
- Joe Rogers accepted the Terry Flanagan Memorial Award, an award honoring a player for perseverance, dedication and courage while overcoming severe adversity
Joe was born with an underdeveloped right hand that keeps him from closing his catching glove. As a child, he had operations that took a bone from his foot to try and reshape the thumb on his left hand. Despite the obstacles, and with a custom-made glove, Rogers has learned to catch the puck and pull it into his chest to make a save. Joe has become a role model for kids with handicaps that want to play sports, especially hockey.
Watch Joe Rogers’s acceptance speech here.
- Football. Tranquill Named Wuerffel Trophy Nominee
- M. Basketball. Coach Brey Press Conference - October 19, 2017
- M. Soccer. #12 Irish Honor Seniors, Take On #15 Duke Friday
- W. Volleyball. Sunshine State Bound: The Irish Are Set To Play FSU And Miami This Weekend
- Swimming & Diving. Swimming & Diving Welcomes Georgia Tech on Friday
- W. Basketball. Irish Selected as ACC Preseason Favorites Once Again
- Football. Notre Dame-USC Preview: The Unrivaled Rivalry
- M. Lacrosse. NYC Networking Trip Up Next On Notre Dame Lacrosse Fall Experience
- M. Tennis. Irish Set To Compete At ITA Midwest Regional Championships
- W. Basketball. Trio to Represent Irish at ACC Media Day
Fighting Irish on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.