May 21, 2013, 5:11 PM EST
We had a great start to our tour after leaving from Chicago yesterday. We began with a little excitement by seeing Anthony Davis (NBA basketball player – New Orleans Pelicans) in the security line at O’Hare Airport! Once we boarded the plane, most of us slept through the eight-hour flight from Chicago to London Heathrow. On the plane, we woke up to a nice breakfast croissant with jelly from the flight attendants. We were then well aware of the time difference and the jetlag we would have to try to recover from. We passed the nearly four-hour layover in Heathrow Airport by grabbing some food and figuring out the money exchange (porridge from Starbucks was delicious!).
We finally boarded the plane for Prague, after much anticipation! This was only a two-hour flight, but there was some entertainment. After having water drip on him continuously, a man asked whose water bottle was in the overhead compartment. Kathleen [Severyn] had put her full water bottle in the compartment and it had been spilling on the man in front of her. Kathleen apologized to the man for the incident and the water that was now all over him. Thanks to Kathleen for providing a little humor on the flight! We landed in Prague and went off to find our luggage. After a small scare that Meg [Vonderhaar]‘s luggage was taken we were on our way with our tour guide, Jirka.
Jirka showed us to Hotel Roma, where we will be staying, and then took us out to dinner. Our first meal was delicious! We thoroughly enjoyed salad, a pasta dish with chicken and thin crust pizza. I could definitely get used to eating in Prague all the time! After dinner we went on a short sightseeing trip. It was exciting to use the public transportation and start to see the city! We got to see the city at night, as it was beautifully lit up. We got our first glimpse at the Prague Castle and the bridge. There are tons of beautiful statues and historic sites (lots of picture opportunities). All of this was just got a small preview of what we will see more of tomorrow (Tuesday). So excited to see more of the city and to play tomorrow! It has been a wonderful start to our trip!
- M. Golf. Irish End First Day at Prestige at PGA West
- W. Soccer. Norman ('07) Named Notre Dame Women's Soccer Head Coach
- Swimming & Diving. #19 Irish Roll Into ACCs For Conference Championship Meet
- Track & Field. Yared Nuguse Named ACC Track Performer of the Week
- Fencing. Irish Youth Perform Well At Junior Olympic Championships
- M. Basketball. Notre Dame Comes Up Short Against Hurricanes, 77-74
- Baseball. Gilgenbach Garners ACC Co-Player of the Week Honors
- M. Ice Hockey. Michigan Holds On For 1-0 Victory Over Notre Dame
- W. Tennis. Irish Sweep To Doubleheader Victories Over Indiana, Wright State
- M. Basketball. Notre Dame vs. Miami - Five Things To Know
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- Kristina Nelson hit career highs in 3️⃣ categories as No. 5 @ndwbb downed Boston College on Sunday. Don't miss Kri… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 39 minutes ago
- Go behind-the-scenes of @NDmbb in the newest episode of Podward Notre Dame. The storytellers of Fighting Irish Med… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- 🥇 Samantha Viqueira 🥇 Stephen Ewart @NDFencing recorded top performances at the Junior Olympic National Champions… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- After @NDCoachNorman was introduced as the newest head coach of @NDSoccer, the well wishes poured in from around th… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 hours ago
- No. 19 @NDSwimDive is gearing up for action at the 2018 ACC Swimming and Diving Championships, starting Wednesday!… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 hours ago