May 21, 2013, 5:11 PM EST
We had a great start to our tour after leaving from Chicago yesterday. We began with a little excitement by seeing Anthony Davis (NBA basketball player – New Orleans Pelicans) in the security line at O’Hare Airport! Once we boarded the plane, most of us slept through the eight-hour flight from Chicago to London Heathrow. On the plane, we woke up to a nice breakfast croissant with jelly from the flight attendants. We were then well aware of the time difference and the jetlag we would have to try to recover from. We passed the nearly four-hour layover in Heathrow Airport by grabbing some food and figuring out the money exchange (porridge from Starbucks was delicious!).
We finally boarded the plane for Prague, after much anticipation! This was only a two-hour flight, but there was some entertainment. After having water drip on him continuously, a man asked whose water bottle was in the overhead compartment. Kathleen [Severyn] had put her full water bottle in the compartment and it had been spilling on the man in front of her. Kathleen apologized to the man for the incident and the water that was now all over him. Thanks to Kathleen for providing a little humor on the flight! We landed in Prague and went off to find our luggage. After a small scare that Meg [Vonderhaar]‘s luggage was taken we were on our way with our tour guide, Jirka.
Jirka showed us to Hotel Roma, where we will be staying, and then took us out to dinner. Our first meal was delicious! We thoroughly enjoyed salad, a pasta dish with chicken and thin crust pizza. I could definitely get used to eating in Prague all the time! After dinner we went on a short sightseeing trip. It was exciting to use the public transportation and start to see the city! We got to see the city at night, as it was beautifully lit up. We got our first glimpse at the Prague Castle and the bridge. There are tons of beautiful statues and historic sites (lots of picture opportunities). All of this was just got a small preview of what we will see more of tomorrow (Tuesday). So excited to see more of the city and to play tomorrow! It has been a wonderful start to our trip!
- W. Basketball. Allen, No. 5 Irish Cruise Past Boston College on Senior Night
- Baseball. Tony Gwynn Classic Takes Irish To San Diego
- M. Tennis. Need To Know: Northwestern
- M. Lacrosse. Perkovic Honored as Postgraduate Scholarship Recipient
- Baseball. Chance Of Rain Alters Tony Gwynn Classic Schedule
- W. Tennis. Irish Capitalize In 5-2 Win Over Purdue
- M. Ice Hockey. Irish Have Everything To Play For At Boston University
- W. Basketball. Irish Welcome Eagles On Senior Night
- W. Lacrosse. Irish Battle Phoenix to Open Road Trip
- General News. Irish Boast Quartet Of ACC Postgraduate Scholarship Honorees
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- ☘️PROGRAM FIRST This weekend, @NDXCTF hosts ACC Indoor Track & Field Championships for the 1st time. The team is… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 hour ago
- The Mike Brey Radio Show is LIVE, presented by the experts at Tire Rack. WATCH: UND.com/breyradioshow https://t.co/BA18vIgH8P 3 hours ago
- Thursday @ndwbb plays Boston College for a share of its 4th regular season ACC title. #TBT to ND's 81-70 win vs Du… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 7 hours ago
- 🏀 Which NBA legend does @NDmbb's Elijah Burns want to meet? Get to know Elijah on Inside ND Basketball. 📺… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- 🏀 This week the @NDmbb assistant coaches are on the road recruiting. Practice is all Coach Brey. 👀@NDMikeBrey https://t.co/Tee1WaFZQq 1 day ago