May 22, 2013, 10:12 AM EST
We started today with breakfast in the hotel – pastries galore, as well as some kind of brown potato pancakes that several teammates/coaches bit into expecting sausage. At 9 a.m., we left for the Prague Castle, the largest castle in the world. We climbed 285 steps up to the top to see the amazing view that you see at the top of the page.
After walking around the castle grounds and taking pictures with the guards on duty (who weren’t allowed to react), we split off into groups of three or more and explored the city. Kathleen (Severyn), Erin (Klosterman) and I spent our time checking out the artists and vendors lining the Charles Bridge, and admiring the architecture of Old Town Square.
We met up again at the hotel, took the tram to the gym, warmed up and started the match against Olymp Praha. The first game went well; we won. The next game was a bit more of a struggle, but we won games three and four to win the match overall.
After the match, we went to a traditional Czech dinner that consisted of 3 courses – goulash soup, beef and dumplings, and mini blueberry pancakes for dessert.
It was a great day with a good win and a beautiful day of sightseeing! The weather was fabulous.
- M. Soccer. Sunday Brunch: The Riley Era-Long Time in the Making
- Swimming & Diving. #22 Irish Complete ACC Sweep At #20/25 FSU
- M. Basketball. Mooney's Career Day Not Enough In Loss At Clemson
- Track & Field. Shead, Irish race to top-three finishes at Notre Dame Invitational
- Fencing. Irish Fencers Find Success At St. John's Invitational
- W. Basketball. No. 5 Irish Look to Carry Momentum into Clemson Game Sunday
- M. Ice Hockey. Replay: Irish Hockey Rolls On
- M. Ice Hockey. #1 Irish Down #18 Wisconsin 4-2 For 16th Straight Win
- Swimming & Diving. #22 Irish In Control After Day 1 At #20/25 FSU
- M. Tennis. Irish Romp In 6-1 Victory Over Spartans
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- The nation's top-ranked hockey team, @NDHockey, faces Wisconsin, Sunday at 3 p.m. ET at Chicago's @UnitedCenter.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 11 minutes ago
- In its first game since downing No. 6 Tennessee, No. 5 @ndwbb closes out a three-game homestand with Clemson, Sunda… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 50 minutes ago
- "It's a big venue and a big situation." No. 1 @NDHockey and its program-best 16-game winning streak heads north to… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- The last time @ndwbb hit the court, the No. 5 Irish battled back for a W against No. 6 Tennessee in the fifth best… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- A hug is worth a thousand words. 📸: @ndwbb #NationalHuggingDay #GoIrish https://t.co/Wr0QrMAFag 5 hours ago