May 22, 2013, 10:12 AM EDT
We started today with breakfast in the hotel – pastries galore, as well as some kind of brown potato pancakes that several teammates/coaches bit into expecting sausage. At 9 a.m., we left for the Prague Castle, the largest castle in the world. We climbed 285 steps up to the top to see the amazing view that you see at the top of the page.
After walking around the castle grounds and taking pictures with the guards on duty (who weren’t allowed to react), we split off into groups of three or more and explored the city. Kathleen (Severyn), Erin (Klosterman) and I spent our time checking out the artists and vendors lining the Charles Bridge, and admiring the architecture of Old Town Square.
We met up again at the hotel, took the tram to the gym, warmed up and started the match against Olymp Praha. The first game went well; we won. The next game was a bit more of a struggle, but we won games three and four to win the match overall.
After the match, we went to a traditional Czech dinner that consisted of 3 courses – goulash soup, beef and dumplings, and mini blueberry pancakes for dessert.
It was a great day with a good win and a beautiful day of sightseeing! The weather was fabulous.
- Softball. Irish Resume With Wildcats In Evanston
- M. Lacrosse. Wynne Receives ACC Player Of The Week Honors
- M. Ice Hockey. Bjork And Petersen Share MVP Honors
- W. Tennis. Irish Drop Season Finale To Clemson, 6-1
- M. Tennis. Hagar Provides A Bright Spot In 5-2 Loss To Wake Forest
- Softball. Virginia Sweeps Irish With 10-6 Sunday Win
- Track. Irish Close Record-Setting Day at Baylor
- W. Lacrosse. Irish Earn No. 4 Seed In ACC Tournament
- M. Golf. Golfers Conclude ACCs in 10th
- Football. Sunday Brunch: Irish Football ‘Process’ Ongoing
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- Anna Rohrer ran her 1st 10K in April. She set ACC & @NDXCTF records. Ran fastest 10K of 2017 in the World. Donate… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 hour ago
- ☘ 765 Wins at ND 🏆 2001 @NCAA Champ 🏀 Naismith Hall of Famer Coach McGraw discusses her @ndwbb journey. Donate:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 hours ago
- The Man. The Myth. The Legend. 1988 NCAA title team coach Lou Holtz looks back at his @NDFootball career. Donate:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 hours ago
- 🏅 2 @ACCTrackField Titles ☘ @NDXCTF Record in 800m Jessica Harris shines in the 2017 Track & Field season. Donate… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 4 hours ago
- What's it like to compete in the Olympics? @NDRowing's FIRST Olympic Gold Medalist Amanda Polk knows! Watch/Donat… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 7 hours ago