May 22, 2013, 10:12 AM EDT
We started today with breakfast in the hotel – pastries galore, as well as some kind of brown potato pancakes that several teammates/coaches bit into expecting sausage. At 9 a.m., we left for the Prague Castle, the largest castle in the world. We climbed 285 steps up to the top to see the amazing view that you see at the top of the page.
After walking around the castle grounds and taking pictures with the guards on duty (who weren’t allowed to react), we split off into groups of three or more and explored the city. Kathleen (Severyn), Erin (Klosterman) and I spent our time checking out the artists and vendors lining the Charles Bridge, and admiring the architecture of Old Town Square.
We met up again at the hotel, took the tram to the gym, warmed up and started the match against Olymp Praha. The first game went well; we won. The next game was a bit more of a struggle, but we won games three and four to win the match overall.
After the match, we went to a traditional Czech dinner that consisted of 3 courses – goulash soup, beef and dumplings, and mini blueberry pancakes for dessert.
It was a great day with a good win and a beautiful day of sightseeing! The weather was fabulous.
- W. Soccer. Irish Set to Battle #4 Duke
- Football. Notre Dame-Michigan State Preview: Reminisce Then Rally
- M. Soccer. #1 Irish Break Competitive Bowling Green Spirit In 2-1 Win
- W. Volleyball. Five Favorite Photos Of The Week
- M. Golf. NCAA Connection Takes Irish Golfer to Haiti
- M. Ice Hockey. Evans To Captain Irish In 2017-18
- Football. Megaphone On The Line For Irish & Spartans
- W. Soccer. Jacobs Nets ACC Player of the Week Honor
- M. Soccer. #2 Irish And #19 Bowling Green Meet Tuesday At Alumni Stadium
- W. Volleyball. Fry Named ACC Volleyball Player Of The Week
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- RT @NCAA: Connection made at college golf event leads Notre Dame junior Miguel Delgado to volunteer trip in Haiti: ntrda.me/2ydiHpi… 16 hours ago
- ☝️#1 @NDMenSoccer took on Bowling Green in a midweek tussle & stayed undefeated (6-0-0) with a 2-1 victory.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- RT @FightingIrish: Have 60 seconds? Then see the @NDSportsBlogger review the weekend in ND sports with highlights from @NDMenSoccer, @NDVo… 1 day ago
- LIGHT UP #1!!!! After a 5-0-0 start, @NDMenSoccer has ascended to #1 in the @UnitedCoaches Men's NCAA Soccer Poll!… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Go INSIDE the locker room as @NDfootball dominated BC, 49-20, racking up 600+ yards of offense in the process.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago