May 22, 2013, 10:12 AM EDT
We started today with breakfast in the hotel – pastries galore, as well as some kind of brown potato pancakes that several teammates/coaches bit into expecting sausage. At 9 a.m., we left for the Prague Castle, the largest castle in the world. We climbed 285 steps up to the top to see the amazing view that you see at the top of the page.
After walking around the castle grounds and taking pictures with the guards on duty (who weren’t allowed to react), we split off into groups of three or more and explored the city. Kathleen (Severyn), Erin (Klosterman) and I spent our time checking out the artists and vendors lining the Charles Bridge, and admiring the architecture of Old Town Square.
We met up again at the hotel, took the tram to the gym, warmed up and started the match against Olymp Praha. The first game went well; we won. The next game was a bit more of a struggle, but we won games three and four to win the match overall.
After the match, we went to a traditional Czech dinner that consisted of 3 courses – goulash soup, beef and dumplings, and mini blueberry pancakes for dessert.
It was a great day with a good win and a beautiful day of sightseeing! The weather was fabulous.
- Fencing. Three Former Irish Fencers Pick Up Team Medals At Senior World Championships
- W. Lacrosse. Women's Lacrosse Continues Academic Success
- Bigger Than Brick. #NDBiggerThanBrick - Inside The Stadium
- M. Basketball. Select-A-Seat Returns August 5
- M. Golf. Men's Golf Unveils 2017-18 Schedule
- Softball. Cassidy Whidden (B.A. '15, M.Ed. '17) Returns To Irish Softball Fold
- W. Tennis. Women's Tennis Welcomes Back Dasso ('01) As Assistant Coach
- Bigger Than Brick. #NDBiggerThanBrick - Fan Experience
- M. Basketball. Men’s Basketball - Summer Headlines
- Swimming & Diving. World Championships Underway For Plaschka
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- ☘ When you make it to ND Stadium... You'll find signage of historic @NDFootball program covers in the concourse.… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 hours ago
- 🇺🇸 2x Olympian ☘ 4x NCAA Champ 🌎 #1 World Ranking Lee Kiefer ('17) leaves her @NDFencing legacy. FULL VIDEO:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 hours ago
- ☘ Navigating Notre Dame Stadium just got a whole lot easier. New signage in the concourse will lead you to your se… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 20 hours ago
- 🏈Countdown to Kickoff: 39 Days #39 Braxston Banks played for @NDFootball’s 1988 NCAA title team. He scored the 2n… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 21 hours ago
- ☘ The view of Notre Dame Stadium from the video board! Ready for 80,000+ @NDFootball fans. #NDBiggerThanBrick https://t.co/lK6hUMxrTG 1 day ago