May 28, 2013, 11:27 AM EDT
Today started off interesting because I woke up in Venice and ended my day in Milan! My journey to Milan began with a speed train from Venice to Milan that took a little over two hours. I was very excited to get to Milan because it’s the Italian city that I have the most knowledge of. Kathleen (Severyn) and I played a game of Mancala to pass time, but I ended up sleeping most of the time. I found out later on in the day that Maggie (Brindock) was having some fun taking pictures of me during my slumber.
Milan is the fashion capital of the world and I saw that upon my arrival to the train station. Everyone was looking very fashionable for a Monday afternoon and I had a great time people watching. After a quick lunch, we took a bus from the train to our hotel.
Our tour guide Kelly took us into the part of Milan with the most attractions. The sights were absolutely amazing! I was immediately drawn to the Duomo, a large cathedral located in the Duomo Square. I knew that I wanted to tour the cathedral at some point before we left. After some tips and pointers from Kelly, Jeni (Houser) and I partnered and went adventuring in the square. We started off doing some shopping in the smaller stores in the area. Later, we made our way into the high-end stores like Louis Vuitton and Prada, but I decided I would wait until tomorrow before I made some major purchases. After an hour of shopping, Jeni and I stopped for some yummy gelato. It was my first time having gelato and it was great!
During our last hour of sightseeing, I made my way into the Duomo and the Museo del Novecento. The sights were amazing and I now have a better appreciation for the arts.
The day ended with a great Italian dinner that had a ton of pasta and pizza. Our server brought us food until we couldn’t eat anymore. My favorite dish of the night was a pizza topped with zucchini and peppers. After dinner, everyone was pretty stuffed so we made our way back to the hotel.
My first night in Milan was a success and I can’t wait to see what tomorrow has in store!
- W. Soccer. Irish Complete Sweep Through Florida With 2-1 Win Over Miami
- Football. Irish Bring Home Shillelagh in Emphatic 49-14 Win
- M. Tennis. Lebedev Advances At ITA Midwest Regional Championships
- Football. Championship Road Runs Through South Bend
- W. Rowing. Club Four Finishes Eighth At Head Of The Charles
- W. Soccer. Irish Continue Road Swing at Miami
- M. Soccer. #12 Irish, #15 Duke Battle To Scoreless Draw
- M. Ice Hockey. #5/6 Irish Rebound With 3-1 Victory Over Sacred Heart
- W. Volleyball. Yeadon's 24 Kills Powers Irish Past Florida State
- M. Tennis. Howells, Lebedev Into Doubles Quarterfinal At ITA Midwest Regionals
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- No. 1️⃣3️⃣ @NDFootball's win vs. USC is the largest win against a top-20 team since 1992. #GoIrish und.com/sports/m-footb… 28 minutes ago
- Junior @NDMensTennis player Alex Lebedev advanced at the ITA Midwest Regional Championships. #GoIrish und.com/sports/m-tenni… 2 hours ago
- The Irish look for their third win in the last four matches as @NDSoccer takes on Miami. #GoIrish und.com/sports/w-socce… 3 hours ago
- The Shillelagh is home and @NDFootball alum @thejaylonsmith knows it. #GoIrish https://t.co/88eO6JwLXd 4 hours ago
- RT @FightingIrish: We're just getting started. #GoIrish https://t.co/5DSBB4LB8w 5 hours ago