May 28, 2013, 11:27 AM EDT
Today started off interesting because I woke up in Venice and ended my day in Milan! My journey to Milan began with a speed train from Venice to Milan that took a little over two hours. I was very excited to get to Milan because it’s the Italian city that I have the most knowledge of. Kathleen (Severyn) and I played a game of Mancala to pass time, but I ended up sleeping most of the time. I found out later on in the day that Maggie (Brindock) was having some fun taking pictures of me during my slumber.
Milan is the fashion capital of the world and I saw that upon my arrival to the train station. Everyone was looking very fashionable for a Monday afternoon and I had a great time people watching. After a quick lunch, we took a bus from the train to our hotel.
Our tour guide Kelly took us into the part of Milan with the most attractions. The sights were absolutely amazing! I was immediately drawn to the Duomo, a large cathedral located in the Duomo Square. I knew that I wanted to tour the cathedral at some point before we left. After some tips and pointers from Kelly, Jeni (Houser) and I partnered and went adventuring in the square. We started off doing some shopping in the smaller stores in the area. Later, we made our way into the high-end stores like Louis Vuitton and Prada, but I decided I would wait until tomorrow before I made some major purchases. After an hour of shopping, Jeni and I stopped for some yummy gelato. It was my first time having gelato and it was great!
During our last hour of sightseeing, I made my way into the Duomo and the Museo del Novecento. The sights were amazing and I now have a better appreciation for the arts.
The day ended with a great Italian dinner that had a ton of pasta and pizza. Our server brought us food until we couldn’t eat anymore. My favorite dish of the night was a pizza topped with zucchini and peppers. After dinner, everyone was pretty stuffed so we made our way back to the hotel.
My first night in Milan was a success and I can’t wait to see what tomorrow has in store!
- W. Soccer. Jacobs to Compete with U-23 Women's National Team in Seattle
- Bigger Than Brick. `Going Green' at Notre Dame Stadium
- Bigger Than Brick. #NDBiggerThanBrick - Comparisons
- Track & Field. Murray Speaks to Write on Sports Campers
- Bigger Than Brick. #NDBiggerThanBrick | Looking Around
- M. Ice Hockey. Notre Dame Sends Contingent to NHL Development Camps
- Cross Country. Irish Announce Cross Country Class of 2021
- Fencing. Irish To Be Well-Represented At Senior World Championships
- M. Basketball. Maui Invitational Tournament Will Begin With Chaminade
- Bigger Than Brick. #NDBiggerThanBrick - The Why
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- 🏈 Countdown to Kickoff: 43 Days In 1943 QB Angelo Bertelli won @NDFootball's 1st Heisman Trophy, the same year ND… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 16 hours ago
- ☘ ND Stadium is Going Green! LED Lights Food Donations Game Day Recycling Learn about our sustainability efforts: und.com/sports/biggert… 23 hours ago
- RT @FightingIrish: The 3 new buildings at ND Stadium are big enough for a queen. Literally. At 800,000 sq. feet, they're almost as big as… 1 day ago
- The new facility at ND Stadium has 1,650,000 bricks. Laid end-to-end they stretch 200 miles. Long enough to go fr… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- In 3,000,000 hours of labor we: Renovated ND Stadium & constructed 3 buildings. That's how long it takes Earth to… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago