May 28, 2013, 11:27 AM EDT
Today started off interesting because I woke up in Venice and ended my day in Milan! My journey to Milan began with a speed train from Venice to Milan that took a little over two hours. I was very excited to get to Milan because it’s the Italian city that I have the most knowledge of. Kathleen (Severyn) and I played a game of Mancala to pass time, but I ended up sleeping most of the time. I found out later on in the day that Maggie (Brindock) was having some fun taking pictures of me during my slumber.
Milan is the fashion capital of the world and I saw that upon my arrival to the train station. Everyone was looking very fashionable for a Monday afternoon and I had a great time people watching. After a quick lunch, we took a bus from the train to our hotel.
Our tour guide Kelly took us into the part of Milan with the most attractions. The sights were absolutely amazing! I was immediately drawn to the Duomo, a large cathedral located in the Duomo Square. I knew that I wanted to tour the cathedral at some point before we left. After some tips and pointers from Kelly, Jeni (Houser) and I partnered and went adventuring in the square. We started off doing some shopping in the smaller stores in the area. Later, we made our way into the high-end stores like Louis Vuitton and Prada, but I decided I would wait until tomorrow before I made some major purchases. After an hour of shopping, Jeni and I stopped for some yummy gelato. It was my first time having gelato and it was great!
During our last hour of sightseeing, I made my way into the Duomo and the Museo del Novecento. The sights were amazing and I now have a better appreciation for the arts.
The day ended with a great Italian dinner that had a ton of pasta and pizza. Our server brought us food until we couldn’t eat anymore. My favorite dish of the night was a pizza topped with zucchini and peppers. After dinner, everyone was pretty stuffed so we made our way back to the hotel.
My first night in Milan was a success and I can’t wait to see what tomorrow has in store!
- M. Lacrosse. Perkovic Named The ACC Men's Lacrosse Scholar Athlete Of The Year
- General News. Join The Notre Dame Fan Council
- W. Lacrosse. Five Named to All-ACC Academic Team
- Softball. Koerner ('15) Turns Page On Legendary Career
- Swimming & Diving. Nineteen Swimmers Head to Nationals
- W. Golf. Albrecht Selected To All-ACC Academic Women's Golf Team
- M. Soccer. Besler, Morrow Named To U.S. Gold Cup Roster
- M. Tennis. Irish Pair Earn All-ACC Academic Recognition
- W. Tennis. Broda, Robinson Named To All-ACC Academic Squad
- M. Ice Hockey. Leivermann And Hellickson Selected In The 2017 NHL Draft
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- ☘ YEAR IN REVIEW: Top-10 GIFs #4 - How hyped @NDFootball & @Browns QB DeShone Kizer is on game day. 👀@DKizer_14 https://t.co/lRwIh5OQOE 1 hour ago
- ☘YEAR IN REVIEW: Top-10 Moments #4 - @NDHockey's Ian Cole & Bryan Rust became back-to-back Stanley Cup Champs with… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 hours ago
- ☘ YEAR IN REVIEW: Top-10 Articles #5 - @NDBaseball’s Trey Mancini homers in his MLB debut for the @Orioles. ⁰READ… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 18 hours ago
- ☘YEAR IN REVIEW: Top-10 Moments #5 - @ndwbb coach Muffet McGraw named to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 19 hours ago
- 🇺🇸FOR THE RED, WHITE & BLUE TWO @NDMenSoccer alums to play for US Men's National Team in 2017 Gold Cup. 👀@ussoccer und.com/sports/m-socce… 20 hours ago