May 28, 2013, 11:27 AM EDT
Today started off interesting because I woke up in Venice and ended my day in Milan! My journey to Milan began with a speed train from Venice to Milan that took a little over two hours. I was very excited to get to Milan because it’s the Italian city that I have the most knowledge of. Kathleen (Severyn) and I played a game of Mancala to pass time, but I ended up sleeping most of the time. I found out later on in the day that Maggie (Brindock) was having some fun taking pictures of me during my slumber.
Milan is the fashion capital of the world and I saw that upon my arrival to the train station. Everyone was looking very fashionable for a Monday afternoon and I had a great time people watching. After a quick lunch, we took a bus from the train to our hotel.
Our tour guide Kelly took us into the part of Milan with the most attractions. The sights were absolutely amazing! I was immediately drawn to the Duomo, a large cathedral located in the Duomo Square. I knew that I wanted to tour the cathedral at some point before we left. After some tips and pointers from Kelly, Jeni (Houser) and I partnered and went adventuring in the square. We started off doing some shopping in the smaller stores in the area. Later, we made our way into the high-end stores like Louis Vuitton and Prada, but I decided I would wait until tomorrow before I made some major purchases. After an hour of shopping, Jeni and I stopped for some yummy gelato. It was my first time having gelato and it was great!
During our last hour of sightseeing, I made my way into the Duomo and the Museo del Novecento. The sights were amazing and I now have a better appreciation for the arts.
The day ended with a great Italian dinner that had a ton of pasta and pizza. Our server brought us food until we couldn’t eat anymore. My favorite dish of the night was a pizza topped with zucchini and peppers. After dinner, everyone was pretty stuffed so we made our way back to the hotel.
My first night in Milan was a success and I can’t wait to see what tomorrow has in store!
- W. Volleyball. Notre Dame Volleyball Unveils 2018 Schedule
- M. Golf. Two Irish Golfers Named to All-ACC Academic Team
- Track & Field. Harris Named First Team Academic All-American
- Football. WATCH: Freshmen Move In
- W. Golf. Irish Trio Earn 2018 All-ACC Academic Team Honors
- M. Ice Hockey. Brauer Signs With South Carolina Stingrays
- W. Soccer. Challenging 2018 Schedule Announced For Women's Soccer
- W. Basketball. Women's Basketball Nominated for Three ESPYS
- Track & Field. Irish Set To Compete At USA Track & Field Championships
- M. Ice Hockey. Irish Announce Incoming Class
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- ✔️ ACC All-American 📚 ✔️ @NotreDame theology grad 🎓 ✔️ NCAA Outdoor Championships competitor 👟 Now, @NDXCTF's Je… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
- RT for a chance to win! ☝️ night at the @MorrisInnND ✌️ @NDmbb tickets 🎟 When you come to campus to catch the Iri… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 hours ago
- 9️⃣ new skaters, 1️⃣ stellar freshman class. Meet the new @NDHockey student-athletes you'll love watching on the i… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 hours ago
- The #NDFamily is everywhere! 🇪🇸 As @NDLacrosse took in the sights of Madrid, @NotreDame alum Matthew Kineen taught… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 20 hours ago
- 🏀 Best Team ☑️ @ndwbb 🏀 Best Moment ☑️ @ndwbb 🏀 Best Play ☑️ @ndwbb Yep, you know who we're voting for. Give… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 22 hours ago