May 28, 2013, 2:29 PM EDT
This year marks an exciting year for the Irish Rowing team. Not only were the women successful in winning their 10th consecutive (and final) BIG EAST Championship, The University of Notre Dame Rowing team is sending three boats to the NCAA Races at Eagle Creek Park this weekend. Notre Dame will co-host the NCAA Championship Tournament along with the Indiana Sports Corporation both in 2013 and ’14.
Eagle Creek Park, the largest park in Indianapolis and one of the largest in the nation, consists of 1400 acres of water and 3900+ acres of land that are used daily for all types of outdoor activities. People regularly visit the park in order to sail, hike, picnic, fish.etc.
From May 31st through June 2nd, 22 collegiate teams, up from the traditional 16 crews, will converge on the man-made lake to race in Division I, II and III races. For Notre Dame, it is their second consecutive trip to the National Championship Regatta and sixth all-time appearance in program history.
Given that the Irish are playing host at a sight so close to home, perhaps the first and second varsity eight boats will feel a slight home-court advantage. Also competing under Notre Dame’s flag is the first varsity four boat.
First in the water for the Irish will be the first varsity eight boat, slated to race in the third heat of the day on Friday, May 31st. For complete coverage and updated race results, turn to und.com daily for recaps of each race as the Irish seek to claim their first National Championship Title in the sport.
- Softball. Irish Freshmen Rule The Field At Melissa Cook Vs. Michigan St.
- W. Soccer. Spring Opener With Purdue Moved Up To Friday
- Swimming & Diving. Strong Start for No. 19 Notre Dame Men's Swimming and Diving at NCAA Championships
- M. Ice Hockey. NCAA Northeast Regional Awaits
- Swimming & Diving. No. 19 Notre Dame Men's Swimming and Diving Set to Compete at NCAA Championships
- W. Soccer. Yu Heads To Camp With U-23 Women's National Team
- Fencing. Keys To The Meet: 2017 NCAA Fencing Championships
- Swimming & Diving. Inside Irish: 2017 NCAA Division I Women's Swimming and Diving Championships
- Baseball. Irish Walk By Huskies
- Softball. Irish Mark Return To Melissa Cook Stadium Vs. MSU
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- ☘ Winning With Style! Michigan State goes down as @NDSoftball walks-off in home opener. ND 11 | MSU 3 https://t.co/vgKqj4gWpR 13 hours ago
- ☘ IRISH vs. BUCKEYES Watch #2 @NDlacrosse take on #4 Ohio State at home. Saturday | 2pm TIX:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 15 hours ago
- 💯 Fresh Jerseys ☀️ Bright Sky ☘ It's Game Day! @NDSoftball kicks off its home opener. ND vs. MSU | 4:30pm 📺… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 19 hours ago
- ⚾️ IRISH WIN HOME OPENER @NDBaseball recorded two 5-run innings in its 12-1 win over Northern Illinois. 📽 Highlig… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- ☘ IRISH DOMINATE ACC FENCING Men's & Women's @NDFencing teams combine for 4 of 6 ACC Fencer of the Year awards. und.com/sports/c-fenc/… 1 day ago