May 28, 2013, 2:29 PM EDT
This year marks an exciting year for the Irish Rowing team. Not only were the women successful in winning their 10th consecutive (and final) BIG EAST Championship, The University of Notre Dame Rowing team is sending three boats to the NCAA Races at Eagle Creek Park this weekend. Notre Dame will co-host the NCAA Championship Tournament along with the Indiana Sports Corporation both in 2013 and ’14.
Eagle Creek Park, the largest park in Indianapolis and one of the largest in the nation, consists of 1400 acres of water and 3900+ acres of land that are used daily for all types of outdoor activities. People regularly visit the park in order to sail, hike, picnic, fish.etc.
From May 31st through June 2nd, 22 collegiate teams, up from the traditional 16 crews, will converge on the man-made lake to race in Division I, II and III races. For Notre Dame, it is their second consecutive trip to the National Championship Regatta and sixth all-time appearance in program history.
Given that the Irish are playing host at a sight so close to home, perhaps the first and second varsity eight boats will feel a slight home-court advantage. Also competing under Notre Dame’s flag is the first varsity four boat.
First in the water for the Irish will be the first varsity eight boat, slated to race in the third heat of the day on Friday, May 31st. For complete coverage and updated race results, turn to und.com daily for recaps of each race as the Irish seek to claim their first National Championship Title in the sport.
- W. Basketball. Rivalry Renewal in Big Ten/ACC Challenge
- Track & Field. Track & Field Lands Seven on All-ACC Academic Team
- Fencing. Kiefer Named Nominee For NCAA Woman of the Year
- M. Lacrosse. Perkovic Named The ACC Men's Lacrosse Scholar Athlete Of The Year
- General News. Join The Notre Dame Fan Council
- W. Lacrosse. Five Named to All-ACC Academic Team
- Softball. Koerner ('15) Turns Page On Legendary Career
- Swimming & Diving. Nineteen Swimmers Head to Nationals
- W. Golf. Albrecht Selected To All-ACC Academic Women's Golf Team
- M. Soccer. Besler, Morrow Named To U.S. Gold Cup Roster
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- ☘ YEAR IN REVIEW: Top-10 GIFs #3 - 5 ND 🏀 players reached 1,000 career pts in 2016-17. B. Colson L. Allen S. Vast… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 4 hours ago
- 🏈 Countdown to Kickoff: 66 Days Coach Ara Parseghian receives the 1966 NCAA title trophy after leading @NDFootball… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 5 hours ago
- For his perseverance after the loss of his wife, @NDmbb alum Monty Williams received the @NBA Sager Strong Award. https://t.co/l0S0Qt7ur5 6 hours ago
- ☘ YEAR IN REVIEW: Top-10 Videos #3-Last year Bonzie Colson led @NDmbb in scoring. He attributes his success to st… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 7 hours ago
- ☘YEAR IN REVIEW: Top-10 Articles #3-@NDHockey 2nd Team All-American Anders Bjork impacts a local 3rd grade class.… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 10 hours ago