May 28, 2013, 2:29 PM EDT
This year marks an exciting year for the Irish Rowing team. Not only were the women successful in winning their 10th consecutive (and final) BIG EAST Championship, The University of Notre Dame Rowing team is sending three boats to the NCAA Races at Eagle Creek Park this weekend. Notre Dame will co-host the NCAA Championship Tournament along with the Indiana Sports Corporation both in 2013 and ’14.
Eagle Creek Park, the largest park in Indianapolis and one of the largest in the nation, consists of 1400 acres of water and 3900+ acres of land that are used daily for all types of outdoor activities. People regularly visit the park in order to sail, hike, picnic, fish.etc.
From May 31st through June 2nd, 22 collegiate teams, up from the traditional 16 crews, will converge on the man-made lake to race in Division I, II and III races. For Notre Dame, it is their second consecutive trip to the National Championship Regatta and sixth all-time appearance in program history.
Given that the Irish are playing host at a sight so close to home, perhaps the first and second varsity eight boats will feel a slight home-court advantage. Also competing under Notre Dame’s flag is the first varsity four boat.
First in the water for the Irish will be the first varsity eight boat, slated to race in the third heat of the day on Friday, May 31st. For complete coverage and updated race results, turn to und.com daily for recaps of each race as the Irish seek to claim their first National Championship Title in the sport.
- Football. Single-Game Irish Football Tickets Available
- M. Ice Hockey. Irish Skaters Participate In NHL Development Camps
- Swimming & Diving. Litzinger To Coach In Inaugural ACC/Big Ten Challenge
- W. Soccer. Flores Signs Two-Year Deal with Valencia CF
- Fencing. Kvaratskhelia Named USFCA Coach of the Year
- M. Soccer. Irish Men's Soccer Holding School Supply Drive
- Track & Field. Sunday Brunch: Hoosier Hoops Helped Prepare Sparks for Head Coaching Role
- Track & Field. Sparks Promoted to Irish Head Track and Field and Cross Country Coach
- Cross Country. Sparks Promoted to Irish Head Track and Field and Cross Country Coach
- General News. Notre Dame Lands 434 Student-Athletes on ACC Honor Roll
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- The confetti fell 🎉, the national championship trophy's home 🏆, but we need your help one more time. Help @ndwbb b… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
- Step on set with the Irish! 📸 🎥 @NDVolleyball sophomore libero Madison Cruzado is taking you behind-the-scenes of… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 hours ago
- ☘️ 👉 🇮🇪 @NDLacrosse alum Conor Kelly is at the @2018WorldLax Championships representing @IrelandLacrosse! #GoIrish https://t.co/bFpVyKbOv1 5 hours ago
- Whatcha got, #NDFamily? @NDLacrosse needs a 🔥 name for their mannequin to display their 🔥 swag! 🗣 Comment below w… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 7 hours ago
- 2️⃣0️⃣1️⃣6️⃣➡️ @NDSoccer visited France 🇫🇷 during the European ⚽️ Championships and sees Croatia 🇭🇷 2️⃣0️⃣1️⃣8️⃣➡️… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 10 hours ago