May 28, 2013, 2:29 PM EST
This year marks an exciting year for the Irish Rowing team. Not only were the women successful in winning their 10th consecutive (and final) BIG EAST Championship, The University of Notre Dame Rowing team is sending three boats to the NCAA Races at Eagle Creek Park this weekend. Notre Dame will co-host the NCAA Championship Tournament along with the Indiana Sports Corporation both in 2013 and ’14.
Eagle Creek Park, the largest park in Indianapolis and one of the largest in the nation, consists of 1400 acres of water and 3900+ acres of land that are used daily for all types of outdoor activities. People regularly visit the park in order to sail, hike, picnic, fish.etc.
From May 31st through June 2nd, 22 collegiate teams, up from the traditional 16 crews, will converge on the man-made lake to race in Division I, II and III races. For Notre Dame, it is their second consecutive trip to the National Championship Regatta and sixth all-time appearance in program history.
Given that the Irish are playing host at a sight so close to home, perhaps the first and second varsity eight boats will feel a slight home-court advantage. Also competing under Notre Dame’s flag is the first varsity four boat.
First in the water for the Irish will be the first varsity eight boat, slated to race in the third heat of the day on Friday, May 31st. For complete coverage and updated race results, turn to und.com daily for recaps of each race as the Irish seek to claim their first National Championship Title in the sport.
- M. Basketball. Notre Dame vs. Indiana - Five Things To Know
- Football. Quenton Nelson Named 34th Unanimous All-American In School History
- M. Tennis. Irish On Tour: Pro Round-Up
- W. Volleyball. DeJarld Named AVCA Honorable Mention All-American
- W. Soccer. Yu Garners United Soccer Coaches Academic All-Region Honors
- Cheerleading. Notre Dame Leprechaun Tryout Information
- Swimming & Diving. Where The Irish Stand At The Break
- M. Tennis. Kempin, Lebedev Named Irish Men's Tennis Captains
- Football. Quenton Nelson Named First-Team Sporting News All-American
- Fencing. Irish Fencers Excel At December NAC
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- Ranked victories ➕ program records ➕ NCAA qualifying times = stellar fall for @NDSwimDive! #GoIrish und.com/sports/c-swim/… 17 minutes ago
- 1️⃣ A valuable degree 🎓 2️⃣ Close to family 3️⃣ Elite, competitive basketball 🏀 @ndwbb met every one of @NatAchon… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- While at Notre Dame to speak about empowering female student athletes, @espnW's @SarahSpain and @LauraCGentile spok… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- 🏃💨 @NDXCTF breaks down Jake Dumford’s school record in the 1,000! Take a look 👀 at Jake’s feat! ⤵️ #GoIrish https://t.co/n9TfCf7i2K 3 hours ago
- Did you miss Monday's @MuffetMcGraw Radio Show presented by @Tire_Rack? Catch up now, @ndwbb fans! 🔗… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 hours ago