May 28, 2013, 2:29 PM EST
This year marks an exciting year for the Irish Rowing team. Not only were the women successful in winning their 10th consecutive (and final) BIG EAST Championship, The University of Notre Dame Rowing team is sending three boats to the NCAA Races at Eagle Creek Park this weekend. Notre Dame will co-host the NCAA Championship Tournament along with the Indiana Sports Corporation both in 2013 and ’14.
Eagle Creek Park, the largest park in Indianapolis and one of the largest in the nation, consists of 1400 acres of water and 3900+ acres of land that are used daily for all types of outdoor activities. People regularly visit the park in order to sail, hike, picnic, fish.etc.
From May 31st through June 2nd, 22 collegiate teams, up from the traditional 16 crews, will converge on the man-made lake to race in Division I, II and III races. For Notre Dame, it is their second consecutive trip to the National Championship Regatta and sixth all-time appearance in program history.
Given that the Irish are playing host at a sight so close to home, perhaps the first and second varsity eight boats will feel a slight home-court advantage. Also competing under Notre Dame’s flag is the first varsity four boat.
First in the water for the Irish will be the first varsity eight boat, slated to race in the third heat of the day on Friday, May 31st. For complete coverage and updated race results, turn to und.com daily for recaps of each race as the Irish seek to claim their first National Championship Title in the sport.
- W. Tennis. Irish Sweep DH With 6-1 Win Over Bowling Green
- Track & Field. Harris Defends Title in Women's Mile to Close Out ACC Championships
- M. Basketball. Farrell's Heroics Give Irish Road Win At Wake Forest
- Baseball. LaManna, No. 30 Irish Walk-Off Against Purdue
- Fencing. #1 Irish Women Dominate ACC Individual Competition
- W. Lacrosse. Irish prepped to take on Elon
- M. Lacrosse. Strong Fourth Quarter Pushes No. 7 Notre Dame Past Richmond, 11-7
- W. Tennis. Irish Take ACC Match From Pitt, 4-0
- W. Basketball. No. 5 Irish Vie for Regular Season ACC Title on Sunday
- Softball. #25 Irish Close Day 2 At MNCC
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- 💪 fourth quarter, 💪 @NDLacrosse win! The No. 7️⃣ Irish took down Richmond behind Brendan Gleason's three goals and… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 hours ago
- Game-winning bucket ➡️ Matt Farrell! @NDmbb downed Wake Forest behind 20-plus point efforts from Martinas Geben, M… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 hours ago
- The ✌️nd game of @NDWomensLax's homestand kicks off when the Irish host Elon, Sunday at 1 p.m. ET. #GoIrish und.com/sports/w-lacro… 6 hours ago
- ☘️🔥 Green jerseys, straight fire. Catch @NDHockey as they send off the senior class in their signature green jerse… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 hours ago
- ✅ Top-25 showdown ✅ Senior Day ✅ ACC 🏆 on the line No. 5 @ndwbb hosts No. 21 NC State as the Irish close out the r… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 8 hours ago