Jun 8, 2013, 10:06 AM EDT
As Kurt Russell (or USA hockey coach Herb Brooks) said in Miracle, “Great moments are born from great opportunity.” By no means would I compare my NDSportsBlogger career to team USA defeating the Soviets in the 1980 Winter Olympics, but that quote came to mind as I was thinking about these photos (and to be honest, I just really like that speech).
Looking back through hundreds and hundreds of pictures – many of them shared on Twitter or Facebook, many more not even worth saving, yet for some reason, still on my hard drive – I thought about how almost all the great photos were the result of being in the right place at the right time and having the opportunity to capture something special.
Here are a few from some of my favorite moments while with FIDM.
- W. Soccer. Irish Complete Sweep Through Florida With 2-1 Win Over Miami
- Football. Irish Bring Home Shillelagh in Emphatic 49-14 Win
- M. Tennis. Lebedev Advances At ITA Midwest Regional Championships
- Football. Championship Road Runs Through South Bend
- W. Rowing. Club Four Finishes Eighth At Head Of The Charles
- W. Soccer. Irish Continue Road Swing at Miami
- M. Soccer. #12 Irish, #15 Duke Battle To Scoreless Draw
- M. Ice Hockey. #5/6 Irish Rebound With 3-1 Victory Over Sacred Heart
- W. Volleyball. Yeadon's 24 Kills Powers Irish Past Florida State
- M. Tennis. Howells, Lebedev Into Doubles Quarterfinal At ITA Midwest Regionals
Fighting Irish on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.