Jul 10, 2013, 10:25 AM EST
Jack Cooley gets to lead us off on today’s ‘TIFI’ because of his stellar play yesterday in NBA Summer League action. Cooley dropped a cool 10 points and snared eight rebounds during the game. If you’re as cool as I am you will have your television switched to NBATV all day today as there is more exciting NBA Summer League games on tap. WOOO SUMMER!!!
We were only 50-some days away from football starting yesterday so a football question was needed (How many times has a Notre Dame-Navy football game been held in Annapolis, Md., on the campus of Navy?). The answer: Zero. Yeah, believe it.
Now, what did we miss…
- 1. Men’s Basketball – Going Home (LINK-UND.com)
Notre Dame men’s basketball coach Mike Brey spent eight season coaching the Duke Blue Devils in Durham, N.C. He was great friends with the late Wake Forest head coach Skip Prosser. He was built in the ACC. Now Brey is home. Having never thought he would be coaching in the ACC at Notre Dame, Brey is excited for the challenge and looking forward to visiting many of the great arena’s that adorn the Atlantic Coast Conference landscape.
- 2. Men’s Track – Rae Takes Second At International Event (LINK-UND.com)
University of Notre Dame track and field standout Jeremy Rae earned a silver medal for his native Canada in the 1,500m run Tuesday evening at the 2013 World University Games. The four-time All-American took second (3:39.45) in the event, finishing just .06 behind the winner, Valentin Smirnov (3:39.39) of Russia. The time bested Rae’s top collegiate mark of 3:39.92 by .47 seconds, which he set in late May in winning the 1,500m at the NCAA East Preliminary Round.
- 3. Football – #BowlForSam (LINK-Strong and True)
The third spot will be housed by articles on Sam Grewe reminding everyone about the Notre Dame Football Uplifting Athletes Bowling Event this Sunday at Strikes and Spares in Mishawaka, Ind. If you cannot attend the event and want to donate or just to read Sam’s great story, please follow this link.
- 4. Football – Mackey Watch List Announced (LINK-ESPN.com)
Having Mackey Award winner Tyler Eifert leave, you usually wouldn’t find a squad that returns nine career catches boasting great talent at the tight end position would ya? Well the Irish are different. Notre Dame should be called ‘Tight End U’ as they continue to churn out great collegiate student-athletes and professional football players. Anthony Fasano, John Carlson, Kyle Rudolph and Tyler Eifert to just name some from the past decade. Troy Niklas and Ben Koyack are the next two in this long line of great Irish tight ends.
- 5. Women’s Swimming – Reaney Takes On The World (LINK-Irish UNDerground)
Junior swimmer Emma Reaney took to the pool this past month to take part in the Phillips 66 USA Swimming National Championships/World Championship Trials in Indianapolis. She took the time to write about her experiences, the camper who came to support her, her friendship with Ryan Lochte and some stuff about her in the pool. To read more click the link above.
If you have more time to kill at work, read this other great article:
15 Teams In The ACC Is Enough…For Now (AP) – ACC commissioner John Swofford recently went on the record to talk about the ‘new’ ACC and the future of the ACC.
Tweets That Made Me Chuckle …
Evidently Notre Dame men’s golf alum Max Scodro doesn’t like Michigan, or hitting draws…
Hitting a draw is like someone deciding to go to Michigan. Good in theory, but it’s just never gonna work out in the long run. #buttercut
— Max Scodro (@mscodro) June 30, 2013
Things I think about before finishing off a bag of Jelly Belly’s…
The surprise in this Cracker Jacks box is probably Diabetes. I guess i wont eat them today.
— lOUIS NIX III (@1IrishChocolate) July 10, 2013
Yes, I found video of Ryan Humphrey, former men’s basketball star and first round NBA draft pick. He is ballin’ out on whoever is guarding him.
Just because I just found a Ryan Humphrey video, I had to figure out a question…
Ryan Humphrey swatted 87 shots in his senior season at Notre Dame, a school record. Who is second?
You will find the answer in Thursday’s ‘Things I Found Interesting (And So Should You)’
- W. Basketball. No. 2 Irish Renew Border Battle with (-/RV) DePaul
- W. Soccer. A Look Back: 2017 Top Moments
- General News. Irish Student-Athletes Celebrate 21st Annual Pediatric Christmas Party
- M. Basketball. #Breyteen - Irish Outlast Butler In Overtime Thriller
- W. Basketball. Three Former Irish Named to 2017-20 USA National Team Pool
- W. Soccer. Yu Named Scholar All-American
- Football. Mike McGlinchey Named 101st Consensus All-American In School History
- M. Lacrosse. Notre Dame Announces Details For Annual NDLaxTV National Coaching Clinic
- M. Basketball. Notre Dame vs. Indiana - Five Things To Know
- Football. Quenton Nelson Named 34th Unanimous All-American In School History
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- ✅ 7️⃣ games with over 💯 rush yards ✅ 9️⃣ TDs ✅ 8️⃣5️⃣-yard TD vs. USC @NDFootball's Josh Adams was named the Of… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- Time to hoop with the Hoosiers. The #CrossroadsClassic tips off at 2:30 p.m. ET when @NDmbb faces Indiana. 📺 FOX… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- And the winner is... Check out all the award 🏆 winners from @NDFootball's annual awards show, Echoes. ⤵️… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- Out with the old. Tumbling in with the new. Send a volley cheer on high because @NDCheerTeam's new uniforms will… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 hours ago
- Welcome to Indiana basketball. @NDmbb heads to Indianapolis to take on the rival Hoosiers at 2:30 p.m. ET for the… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 hours ago