Sep 17, 2013, 9:53 AM EDT
Seeing as there were no Notre Dame athletics contests going on last night, it was a perfect time to tune to Monday Night Football and watch former Notre Dame football student-athletes Tyler Eifert and Trevor Robinson suit up for the Cincinnati Bengals. To see how Eifert, Robinson and the rest of the former Notre Dame football players did, click here.
‘Round the Irish Blogosphere
We have had a large amount of new material come out just yesterday – catch up with the links below.
- From The Pros To College – By Craig Chval (Irish UNDerground)
- 25 Sports, One Notre Dame – By Mike Franz (Irish UNDerground)
- Life On Two Teams – By Anna Gonzalez (Irish UNDerground)
- Sullivan’s Debut Impressive For The Irish – By Mike Franz (Irish UNDerground)
Yesterday’s Trivia Answer
Monday’s trivia question (Before this past weekend, when was the last time the women’s soccer program knocked off the number-one ranked team?) was answered correctly by just three people! The answer: Stanford in 2010 … props to Matt Ryan (not that Matt Ryan, Patrick Sukow and Richard McHugh for correctly answering the question.
Remember, each day a new Notre Dame-related trivia question will be found at the bottom of “Things I Found Interesting” … we have accumulated some prizes and have begun to give them away a few times a week. To answer the question, simply tweet at @NDSportsBlogger with the correct (or incorrect) answer … don’t worry; I’ll let you know if you are right.
Now, what did we miss…
- 1. Football – Beyond The Box Score With Brian Fremeau (LINK-Strong & True)
“Beyond The Box Score With Brian Fremeau” is a weekly series that takes you inside the stats with in-depth analysis through numbers and graphics. Fremeau, a 1999 graduate of Notre Dame, is a longtime writer for ESPN Insider, Football Outsiders and his personal graphical analysis website, BCFToys.com. This week Fremeau looks at the scoring burst at the beginning of the fourth quarter that helped put the Irish in the lead for good. Click the link above to learn more.
- 2. Football – Daniels Makes Move To Impact Player (LINK-South Bend Tribune)
After an impressive eight-catch, 167-yard, two-touchdown performance against Purdue, wide receiver DaVaris Daniels may no longer just be another wide receiver on the opponents scouting report. Click the link above to learn from the South Bend Tribune’s Al Lesar on why Daniels is beginning to come into his own as a wideout.
- 3. Football – Unraveling Notre Dame’s Biggest Mysteries (LINK-South Bend Tribune)
This season there have been many changes due to graduation and players moving around to different positions. As the season rolls along the coaches and the players will get better situated in their spots. The South Bend Tribune’s Eric Hansen analyzes the Irish football season so far this year, what has worked, what hasn’t worked. To read more, click the link above.
- 4. Football – Irish Still A Work In Progress (LINK-Chicago Tribune)
The Irish are 2-1 heading into their second home contest, this time against Michigan State. Notre Dame head coach Brian Kelly understands that even after a 31-24 win over Purdue, the Irish still have a lot to work on. Strengthen the strengths and fix the weaknesses is the best way to put it for me. Click the link above to learn more.
- 5. Football – Do Tough Early Games Give Irish Edge? (LINK-Detroit Free Press)
You will never see an FCS opponent on the Irish schedule, instead you will see the likes of Purdue, Michigan State, Temple, Navy, Michigan or a host of other FBS talents on the Irish early-season slate. Does this give the Irish the edge as the season goes on? Click the link above to find out.
If you have more time to kill at work, read these other great articles:
Five Things We Learned – Notre Dame-Purdue (NBCSports.com) – NBC Sports’ Keith Arnold looks deep into Notre Dame’s performance and critiques their play. Click the link to learn more.
Welcome To The (ACC) Neighborhood (UND.com) – After knocking off top-ranked North Carolina last weekend in ACC play, the young Notre Dame women’s soccer team continues their march towards an NCAA title. Click the link above to read the latest edition of Pitch Points.
Begs the age old question, who’s the guy cutting the cheese?
— darren rovell (@darrenrovell) September 17, 2013
Notre Dame-ish Video of the Day:
Let’s talk about the Notre Dame offense…
The Irish have score 28 or more points in each of the first three game this season, how many times (including 2013) have the Irish scored 28 or more points in each of the first three games of the year? Here’s a hint, less than 10.
You can answer the question in the comment box below or on twitter at @NDSportsBlogger. I will release the answer in Wednesday’s edition of “Things I Found Interesting.”
- Baseball. Notre Dame Wraps ACC Tournament Play
- M. Tennis. Lebedev Falls In First Round of NCAA Championships
- General News. Notre Dame Among Leaders in NCAA APR Four-Year Numbers
- M. Basketball. Irish Set To Face Oklahoma In Madison Square Garden
- Baseball. Irish Lose Lead Late, Fall to Miami
- Track & Field. Keys To The Meet: NCAA East Regionals
- Baseball. Tales From the Eck: A Blog by Collin Stoecker
- Track & Field. Alan Turner Will Not Return as Irish Cross Country/Track and Field Coach
- Baseball. Irish Land Three on All-ACC Teams
- Baseball. Tully, Irish Open ACC Tournament Play
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- It's about more than just world-class facilities -- and @NDMensGolf has the culture to match it. #GoIrish https://t.co/bBlsdZLxIk 10 hours ago
- Back to the Big Apple! 🍎🏀 @NDmbb is headed back to @TheGarden to face Oklahoma in the Jimmy V Men's Basketball Cla… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 11 hours ago
- ☘️ ☘️ ☘️ ☘️ ☘️ ☘️ ☘️ ☘️ ☘️ ☘️ ☘️ ☘️ ⬆️ That's how many Irish programs earned perfect Academic Progress Rate scores… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 12 hours ago
- 🏅 Midwest Assistant Coach of the Year 🏅 Player to Watch @NDMensTennis brought home ✌️ regional Intercollegiate Ten… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 13 hours ago
- “It is an honor to be a part of @usabasketball." @NDmbb head coach @NDMikeBrey is headed to the Olympic Training C… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 15 hours ago