Sep 19, 2013, 11:01 AM EDT
We are just two days away from Michigan State traveling to South Bend to take on the Fighting Irish at Notre Dame Stadium. Before we get to that, there is a women’s soccer match tonight (weather permitting) at Alumni Stadium as Syracuse takes on the #4 Fighting Irish. You can watch the game live on WatchND.tv at 7 p.m. (ET).
‘Round the Irish Blogosphere
We have had a large amount of new material come out this week – catch up with the links below.
- One-On-One With Cam McDaniel (Strong & True)
- Getting Defensive With Kory Minor (’99) – Purdue (Strong & True)
- Irish Blogger Gathering – Michigan State Week (Strong & True)
- From The Pros To College (Irish UNDerground)
Yesterday’s Trivia Answer
Wednesday’s trivia question (We all know that Notre Dame came back from a 16-point deficit to defeat the Spartans back in 2006, but the question is … what three Michigan State players ran for 50 yards or more in the game?) was a three parter. The answer was Jehuu Caulcrick, Javon Ringer and Drew Stanton. Ross Goetz was the only person to answer the question correctly!
Remember, each day a new Notre Dame-related trivia question will be found at the bottom of “Things I Found Interesting” … we have accumulated some prizes and have begun to give them away a few times a week. To answer the question, simply tweet at @NDSportsBlogger with the correct (or incorrect) answer … don’t worry; I’ll let you know if you are right.
Now, what did we miss…
- 1. Football – One-On-One With Cam McDaniel (LINK-Strong & True)
Notre Dame student beat writer Craig Chval had the opportunity to sit down with Irish running back Cam McDaniel after his gritty performance in the Purdue game. Click the link above to read more.
- 2. Football – Little Things Help Daniels See Big Picture (LINK-ESPN)
Before this season, Daniels tallied a total of 31 catches and zero touchdowns in his young Notre Dame career. Through three games in the 2013 season, Daniels has already accumulated 17 catches and four touchdowns. Additionally, his eight-catch, 167-yard, two-touchdown performance against Purdue last week was one of the best performances in Notre Dame history. Click the link above to learn more about how Daniels is making the most of his opportunity at Notre Dame.
- 3. Men’s Soccer – Irish Live Up To Top Ranking (LINK-Soccer America)
The Notre Dame men’s soccer team put their number-one ranking on the line on Tuesday against the Michigan Wolverines at Alumni Stadium. The Irish would dominate Michigan, winning 3-0. Click the link above to read more about the match.
- 4. Women’s Soccer – Brittany Bock Playing At Highest Level (LINK-The Observer)
Former Irish women’s soccer star Brittany Bock has traded in her Irish kit for a professional jersey. In her time in the pro’s Bock has had the opportunity to shine. The Notre Dame student paper, the Observer, caught up with Bock recently to talk about what she has been doing since leaving the Irish soccer program.
- 5. Football – Irish Rocking The House That Rockne Built (LINK-News Sentinel)
Ever since the 2011 night game against USC, Notre Dame has played music in Notre Dame Stadium to help pump up the crowd and add to the overall atmosphere. Click the link above to read more about how Notre Dame has defended their home turf since head coach Brian Kelly has began coaching at Notre Dame.
If you have more time to kill at work, read these other great articles:
Planning For Success (ESPN.com) – ESPN’s Matt Fortuna looks at what the Irish football team is dealing with in the lead up to the Michigan State game this Saturday.
Debbie Brown: If Her Walls Could Talk (UND.com) – A new feature from Notre Dame that gives you the opportunity to go behind the scenes with Irish coaches and see what their offices look like.
As many of you know, we have a partnership with Upper Deck that each Thursday allows us to give away an autographed trading card of a Notre Dame football legend. Former Notre Dame quarterback Evan Sharpley has been campaigning hard to get his own trading card from Upper Deck and I have attempted to help him with the process. Below you will find Upper Deck’s question and some of the responses from the Notre Dame fan base.
— Upper Deck (@UpperDeckSports) September 18, 2013
— Rob (@911PatchWA) September 18, 2013
— Rob (@911PatchWA) September 18, 2013
— Kathleen Loughrige (@kloughrige) September 18, 2013
— I’ve Got Your Backs (@IveGotYourBacks) September 18, 2013
Ball is in your court now Upper Deck! Make that card happen!
Notre Dame-ish Video Of The Day
Let’s look at my favorite football game I ever attended. It even jives with this week being Michigan State week…
Let’s talk women’s golf…
Who was the first Irish women’s golfer to participate in the U.S. Women’s Open?
You can answer the question in the comment box below or on twitter at @NDSportsBlogger. I will give a prize away to one correct answer and the answer will be found in Friday’s edition of “Things I Found Interesting.”
- W. Soccer. Irish Set to Battle #4 Duke
- Football. Notre Dame-Michigan State Preview: Reminisce Then Rally
- M. Soccer. #1 Irish Break Competitive Bowling Green Spirit In 2-1 Win
- W. Volleyball. Five Favorite Photos Of The Week
- M. Golf. NCAA Connection Takes Irish Golfer to Haiti
- M. Ice Hockey. Evans To Captain Irish In 2017-18
- Football. Megaphone On The Line For Irish & Spartans
- W. Soccer. Jacobs Nets ACC Player of the Week Honor
- M. Soccer. #2 Irish And #19 Bowling Green Meet Tuesday At Alumni Stadium
- W. Volleyball. Fry Named ACC Volleyball Player Of The Week
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- RT @NCAA: Connection made at college golf event leads Notre Dame junior Miguel Delgado to volunteer trip in Haiti: ntrda.me/2ydiHpi… 16 hours ago
- ☝️#1 @NDMenSoccer took on Bowling Green in a midweek tussle & stayed undefeated (6-0-0) with a 2-1 victory.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- RT @FightingIrish: Have 60 seconds? Then see the @NDSportsBlogger review the weekend in ND sports with highlights from @NDMenSoccer, @NDVo… 1 day ago
- LIGHT UP #1!!!! After a 5-0-0 start, @NDMenSoccer has ascended to #1 in the @UnitedCoaches Men's NCAA Soccer Poll!… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Go INSIDE the locker room as @NDfootball dominated BC, 49-20, racking up 600+ yards of offense in the process.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago