Sep 24, 2013, 10:25 AM EST
Yesterday’s big news in the Notre Dame athletics realm was about hurling. Yes, you heard me right, hurling. On the day of the night football game against the University of Southern California, the University of Notre Dame will play host to an Irish hurling event at Arlotta Stadium (lacrosse). To learn more about hurling and the free event at Notre Dame on Oct. 19, click here.
‘Round the Irish Blogosphere
We had a large amount of new material come out last week – catch up with the links below.
- Getting Defensive With Kory Minor (’99) – Michigan State (Strong & True)
- Irish In The NFL – Week Three (Strong & True)
- Beyond The Box Score With Brian Fremeau – Available Yards (Strong & True)
- Vine’ing The Michigan State Game (Strong & True)
- Big Bats, Bigger Results (Irish UNDerground)
Now, what did we miss…
- 1. Football – Irish In The NFL – Week Three (LINK-Strong & True)
Want to see how your favorite Notre Dame football student-athletes of the past are doing in the NFL? We’ve got your back! Click the link above to catch-up with this week’s play.
- 2. Men’s Basketball – One More And Done For Irish Guard (LINK-Chicago Tribune)
Could this be the final year for Irish guard Jerian Grant in a Notre Dame uniform? If all goes to plan, Irish head coach Mike Brey thinks this may be Grant’s final season in South Bend. The Chicago Tribune’s Brian Hamilton had a chance to talk to Coach Brey. Click the link above to learn more.
- 3. Football – Stats To Keep An Eye On During OU/ND (LINK-ESPN)
This weekend’s football game between the Sooners and the Irish may be the most anticipated game of the season, even more so than the night game against USC on Oct. 19. Seeing as Oklahoma is not a normal Notre Dame opponent, I thought it would be of service to provide an article outlining some things you should keep an eye on during this weekend’s contest. Click the link above to learn more.
- 4. Football – Robinson Is Concern For Irish Opponents (LINK-News Sentinel)
Notre Dame freshman wide receiver Cory Robinson has show a unique ability to go up and get the ball on a pass and make quick, efficient cuts on the breaking point of his routes. The ability to do those things well this early in his collegiate career has allowed Robinson to see the field early and often. To read more, click the link above.
- 5. Football – Getting Defensive With Kory Minor (LINK-Strong & True)
So far this season, former Notre Dame football linebacker Kory Minor (’99) has brought us his thoughts on the defensive-side of the ball from the previous game. This week, Minor looks at the play of the Irish defense during the Michigan State game. Click the link above to read Minor’s thoughts.
If you have more time to kill at work, read these other great articles:
What To Expect From OU/ND (KFOR) – Check out this link for all you need to know about this weekend’s OU/ND game from someone behind enemy lines at KFOR, a local television affiliate. Click the link to learn more.
Beyond The Box Score With Brian Fremeau (Strong & True) – Brian Fremeau once again takes us beyond the box score in talking about Notre Dame’s ability to slow the Michigan State offense on the last three drives. Click the link to learn more.
I try for months to get JR to respond and then Fortuna comes out of nowhere with this …
— Jim Ross (@JRsBBQ) September 23, 2013
Notre Dame-ish Video Of The Day
We are just a few days away from basketball practice officially beginning at Notre Dame, so I felt we should look at the best moment of last season (in my humble opinion)…
Let’s talk more Jerian Grant…
Grant was a high school teammate with what 2013 NBA first-round pick while at DeMatha?
You can answer the question in the comment box below or on twitter at @NDSportsBlogger. The answer will be found in Thursday’s edition of “Things I Found Interesting.”
- Cheerleading. Notre Dame Leprechaun Tryout Information
- Swimming & Diving. Where The Irish Stand At The Break
- M. Tennis. Kempin, Lebedev Named Irish Men's Tennis Captains
- Football. Quenton Nelson Named First-Team Sporting News All-American
- Fencing. Irish Fencers Excel At December NAC
- M. Ice Hockey. Burke Named Big Ten’s Third Star
- Monogram Club. Monogram Club Bestows Honorary Monograms On O'Neill And Thesing
- Football. McGlinchey, Nelson Named First-Team FWAA All-Americans
- M. Ice Hockey. Irish Up To #3 In Both Polls
- W. Tennis. Robinson Snares First Career Professional Crown
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- Did you miss Monday's @MuffetMcGraw Radio Show presented by @Tire_Rack? Catch up now, @ndwbb fans! 🔗… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 hours ago
- ✅ First-Team FWAA All-Americans McGlinchey and Nelson are the FIRST pair of @NDFootball offensive linemen to garne… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 8 hours ago
- When @ShannonBoxx7 started her @NDSoccer career, her journey began to empower women in soccer. #GoIrish https://t.co/YiD5V8izAu 9 hours ago
- Former @NDWomensTennis captain Monica Robinson earned her first career pro title by winning the ITF Digicall Future… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 10 hours ago
- FOUR members of @NDXCTF's Class of 2022 earned top-12 finishes at the high school cross country national championsh… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 11 hours ago