Sep 26, 2013, 9:20 AM EST
We are just over two days away from the Sooners and the Irish at Notre Dame Stadium! If you are around campus already, you can head out to Alumni Stadium tonight for a battle of two ranked women’s soccer squads as the Irish #5 Irish take on #21 Maryland at 7 p.m. (ET). If you are not in the area you can always watch the match live on WatchND.tv.
‘Round the Irish Blogosphere
We had a large amount of new material come out last week – catch up with the links below.
- Getting Defensive With Kory Minor (’99) – Michigan State (Strong & True)
- Irish In The NFL – Week Three (Strong & True)
- Beyond The Box Score With Brian Fremeau – Available Yards (Strong & True)
- Vine’ing The Michigan State Game (Strong & True)
- Big Bats, Bigger Results (Irish UNDerground)
Now, what did we miss…
- 1. Football – Debating Oklahoma-Notre Dame (LINK-ESPN)
On Saturday, Oklahoma will make its first trip to Notre Dame Stadium in 14 years. The Irish won that 1999 contest, 34-30, and have won eight others against the Sooners, as they hold a 9-1 all-time mark in the series. Last season’s game turned on several big Notre Dame plays on both sides of the ball, lifting the Irish to a 30-13 road win and an 8-0 record. What will happen this time around? ESPN.com turned to Big 12 reporter Brandon Chatmon and Notre Dame reporter Matt Fortuna to preview this weekend’s tilt in South Bend, Ind. Click the link above to read more.
- 2. Football – Smith Proving To Be A Quick Study (LINK-Chicago Tribune)
Being the first true freshman to start at linebacker since Kory Minor in 1995, Jaylon Smith has continued his work both on and off the field to better himself as a student-athlete. Click the link above to learn more.
- 3. Football – Planning For Success – Jarrett Grace (LINK-ESPN)
Leading Notre Dame in tackles, Jarrett Grace is in a position to be a breakthrough player on the Irish defense and on the national scene this season. Backing up Manti Te’o in the past, Grace has continued to develop as a player and as a person in his time at Notre Dame. Click the link above to read Matt Fortuna’s story about Grace.
- 4. Football – Making The Tough Decision (LINK-UND.com)
Paralysis on the left side of his body. Unrelenting fear. Endless questions with no answers. Migraine headaches severe enough to topple a fierce Notre Dame linebacker. Click the link above to read more on the story of Danny Spond.
- 5. General – Impact Of The Irish (LINK-South Bend Tribune)
If any of you are like me, having a business background, you should take a look at this link. It shows the economic impact that the University has on the surrounding community. Click the link above to learn more.
If you have more time to kill at work, read these other great articles:
Mother Knows Best (UND.com) – A look inside the family of Carlo Calabrese…
Irish Blogger Gathering – Oklahoma (NBC Sports) – Keith Arnold of NBC Sports asks me some questions regarding this weekend’s game between Notre Dame and Oklahoma.
I provide without comment …
Steven Spielberg was at #USC today. He was asked his favorite disaster movie and said, “The Washington State game.”
— InsideUSC (@InsideUSC) September 26, 2013
Notre Dame-ish Video Of The Day
Seeing that it is Notre Dame men’s soccer head coach Bobby Clark’s birthday today, we must give him some pub…
Yesterday’s trivia answer was Leahy, Kuharich and Parseghian (each have won two times apiece) and was first answered correctly by Richard McHugh. (What Notre Dame football coach has the most wins against Oklahoma?).
IT IS THURSDAY!!!! Which of course means there will be no trivia on “Things I Found Interesting” as there will be an in-depth football trivia question on Trading Card Thursday with a chance to win an autographed trading card from Upper Deck. Look for the link to become live at around Noon (ET).
- W. Tennis. Irish Breeze To 7-0 Season-Opening Victory Over Broncos
- M. Tennis. Lebedev, Howells Sweep ACC Weekly Honors
- Swimming & Diving. Coumos Earns Second ACC Diving Citation Of Season
- Football. Jeff Quinn Named Notre Dame Offensive Line Coach
- Softball. #NDSB30 Top Five: 2000s
- W. Soccer. Romagnolo Announces Resignation as Irish Women’s Soccer Coach
- W. Basketball. Ogunbowale Named ACC Player of the Week
- M. Lacrosse. Men's Lacrosse Announces Two Preseason Exhibitions
- W. Tennis. Season Outlook: Irish Combine Veteran Experience With Young Talent
- Baseball. Irish Baseball & Softball Season Tickets On Sale
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- Get ready for @NDWomensTennis' 2️⃣0️⃣1️⃣8️⃣ campaign by catching up on all you need to know before the Irish hit th… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 hours ago
- Go behind-the-scenes with all things Fighting Irish Media and learn how the pros of @NDFIM tell the best stories of… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 hours ago
- After coaching 1️⃣2️⃣ @NFL linemen, Jeff Quinn has been named @NDFootball's Offensive Line coach. Congratulations,… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 8 hours ago
- Before @NDSoftball's 30th season kicks off on February 9, take a look 👀 back at the best Irish moments of the 2000s… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 9 hours ago
- Who do you think is this week’s @tire_rack Student-Athlete of the Week? Vote now! #GoIrish 15 hours ago