Sep 27, 2013, 11:02 AM EDT
We are just one day away from the Sooners and the Irish kicking off on the turf at Notre Dame Stadium. You can watch the game in a variety of ways. Look at the graphic below to learn more.
Also, if you’re on campus tonight, stop by Alumni Stadium tonight to watch the Irish men’s soccer team at 7:30 p.m. (ET). If you are unable to get to Notre Dame tonight, feel free to watch the game on WatchND.tv.
Now, what did we miss…
- 1. Football – Trading Card Thursday – Ralph Guglielmi (LINK-Strong & True)
In a new partnership between the University of Notre Dame and Upper Deck, we have begun a weekly football series entitled “Trading Card Thursday.” Every Thursday leading up to the Brian Kelly Radio Show at 7 p.m. (ET), we will be presenting a new trading card from the Upper Deck Notre Dame football box set. This week we are giving away a Ralph Guglielmi card to one lucky person who correctly answers this week’s trivia question. Click the link above to find out how you can win!
- 2. Football – Heisler’s Last Word – Oklahoma (LINK-Strong & True)
John Heisler is in his 36th year as a member of the Notre Dame athletic staff – including 16 years as sports information director at Notre Dame after spending 10 previous years as a member of the sports publicity staff. He added the title of assistant athletics director in 1995, and then was named an associate athletics director in 2001. Heisler was promoted to his current position as senior associate athletics director in October 2004. For each Notre Dame football game he pens a one-page article on the game. Click the link above to see his thoughts on the Oklahoma – Notre Dame football game.
- 3. Men’s Basketball – It’s Back To The Hardwood For The Notre Dame Men’s Basketball Team (LINK-UND.com)
This Friday afternoon won’t be a typical Friday afternoon in September for the Notre Dame men’s basketball team. Normally at this time of the year, especially on a football weekend, those days have been reserved for winding down from a week of classes, study hall, conditioning and pickup games. Click the link above to read more.
- 4. Football – A Travel Party (LINK-UND.com)
Notre Dame’s 2012 football season began with a trip across the Atlantic Ocean to Ireland and concluded with an excursion to Miami for a shot at the national title. In between, a host of other trips included traveling from one coast out in Boston (Boston College) to the other in Los Angeles (USC) just two weeks later. For good measure, there also was a journey to a place somewhat right in between, at Norman, Okla., to play the Oklahoma Sooners. Check out Lou Somogyi’s piece on the 1913 football team at the link above.
- 5. General – Business On And Off The Field For Fox (LINK-UND.com)
Like many college kids, Irish linebacker Dan Fox enjoys playing video games, hanging out with his roommates (and fellow teammates Nick Martin, Tommy Rees and Chris Watt) and spending time with his family during free periods of time. But when asked if there was anything he liked to do that might surprise people, Fox only hesitated for a second. Click the link above to read more on Fox.
This is Notre Dame …
— Frank Dyer (@frankliNDyer) September 27, 2013
Notre Dame-ish Video Of The Day
Check out this video of the hiring of Lou Holtz as football coach at Notre Dame…
Let’s talk soccer!
With Cari Roccaro netting a hat trick (three goals) last night against Maryland, who was the last player on the women’s soccer team at Notre Dame to do so?
You can answer the question in the comment box below or on twitter at @NDSportsBlogger. The answer will be found in Monday’s edition of “Things I Found Interesting.”
- Softball. Irish Strikeout Cancer With Arkansas
- W. Lacrosse. Fortunato Named Tewaaraton Award Nominee
- Track. Irish Conclude Day One of Penn Relays
- Baseball. Irish & Blue Devils Play A Pair Friday
- W. Tennis. Irish Fall To Clemson In Second Round Of ACC Championship
- M. Tennis. Irish Fall In 4-3 Heartbreaker To Louisville At ACC Championship
- W. Lacrosse. Irish Rally Not Enough Against Eagles
- M. Soccer. Irish Take Pitch For Annual Clash With Mexico On Friday
- Baseball. Duke Visits For Pivotal League Series
- W. Soccer. Irish Slated To Face Off With Mexico In Annual Spring Finale
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- ☘ @NDSoftball is on a mission to fight pediatric cancer. Coach Gumpf's daughter Tatum is a survivor. Hear Tatum's… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 hours ago
- That #FridayFeeling! ☀️ 15 Days Until Summer 🏈 120 Days Until College Football ☘ 127 Days Until Kickoff in ND Stad… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 4 hours ago
- 🏈 #TBT to 2016 Ronnie Stanley & Will Fuller became @NDFootball's 65th & 66th 1st round NFL draft picks (3rd all-ti… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 22 hours ago
- ☘ 300 CLUB Congrats, @NDWomensLax goalie Sam Giacolone on her 300th career save during ACC Championships. Sam is… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- ⚾️ IRISH BLANK EASTERN MICHIGAN Matt Vierling scored 2 runs and 3 RBI in @NDBaseball's 5-0 victory. 📽 Highlights https://t.co/evwnYZL6H3 1 day ago