Oct 2, 2013, 10:09 AM EST
We’re BACK! After a two-day hiatus, “Things I Found Interesting” is back and just in time for the big soccer showdown tonight between the Irish and the Hoosiers. If you can’t make it to Alumni Stadium tonight, you can always watch the contest on WatchND.tv.
‘Round the Irish Blogosphere
We had a large amount of new material come out last week – catch up with the links below.
- Dealing With Losses – Kory Minor (Strong & True)
- Irish Blogger Gathering – ASU (Strong & True)
- Paving A New Legacy: Confidence Is Key (In The Paint)
- Irish In The NFL – Week Four (Strong & True)
Now, what did we miss…
- 1. Men’s Soccer – Previewing IU/ND (LINK-IDS)
The defending NCAA champion Indiana Hoosiers come to Notre Dame tonight to take on the second-ranked Irish in a rematch of last year’s round-of-16 in the NCAA Championship. Aside from my preview that will be up on the soccer blog later today, take a look behind enemy territory and see their thought’s on tonight’s matchup. Click the link above to read more.
- 2. Men’s Basketball – Smooth Transition To College Ball (LINK-FW Journal Gazette)
One of the best high school basketball players in the state last year, V.J. Beachem, has made a successful transition to the college life in his short time at Notre Dame. Tony Krausz of the Fort Wayne Journal Gazette tells us more at the link above.
- 3. Football – Rees Is The Best Option (LINK-News-Sentinel)
Casting away all the boo’s and shouts for other quarterbacks to play for the Irish football team this year, one constant remains the same, Tommy Rees is the best option for the Irish this season at the quarterback position. If you want to read some statistics on why, click this link to read my ramblings from a few weeks ago, if not, click the link above to read Tom Davis’ take.
- 4. Men’s Basketball – Katenda Looks To Contribute (LINK-South Bend Tribune)
One of the top high school basketball players in the country, Eric Katenda may have thought he lost his chance at hoops stardom a few years ago when an accident hurt the loss of vision in one of his eye’s. Now, three years into the Notre Dame basketball program, Katenda is comfortable with his change in vision and growing more and more accustomed to how to play with it. Click the link above to learn more.
- 5. Football – Seeking An Identity (LINK-AP)
We are almost to the midpoint of the football season and some will say that the Irish are still without an identity. Click the link above to see how the Irish have fared throughout the first half of the season, what their strengths and weaknesses are and what to look forward to over the next seven games.
If you have more time to kill at work, read these other great articles:
OU/ND Gigapixel Photo – A 360-degree photo was taken prior to the start of the ND/OU football game, click the link to find yourself or look at random people making funny faces on account of them not knowing what is going on.
Irish Women Hold First Practice (UND.com) – Three-straight final four appearances and the graduation of Skylar Diggins are some of the things weighing on the minds of the Irish women’s basketball team as they begin fall camp. Click the link above to learn more.
Only at Notre Dame …
The hottest club at 12:30am on a Wednesday at ND is Club Hesburgh aka the Library! #PapersOnPapers
— Michael Deeb (@MichaelDeeb42) October 2, 2013
Notre Dame-ish Video Of The Day
The month of September had a ton of top-10 nominees from Irish athletes, see what play is number one!
Let’s talk men’s soccer…
What is the farthest the Notre Dame men’s soccer team has made it in the NCAA Championship and when was the last time that has happened?
To answer the question, tweet at @NDSportsBlogger. You will find the correct answer in Thursday’s edition of “Things I Found Interesting.”
- W. Basketball. No. 2 Irish Renew Border Battle with (-/RV) DePaul
- W. Soccer. A Look Back: 2017 Top Moments
- General News. Irish Student-Athletes Celebrate 21st Annual Pediatric Christmas Party
- M. Basketball. #Breyteen - Irish Outlast Butler In Overtime Thriller
- W. Basketball. Three Former Irish Named to 2017-20 USA National Team Pool
- W. Soccer. Yu Named Scholar All-American
- Football. Mike McGlinchey Named 101st Consensus All-American In School History
- M. Lacrosse. Notre Dame Announces Details For Annual NDLaxTV National Coaching Clinic
- M. Basketball. Notre Dame vs. Indiana - Five Things To Know
- Football. Quenton Nelson Named 34th Unanimous All-American In School History
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- ✅ 7️⃣ games with over 💯 rush yards ✅ 9️⃣ TDs ✅ 8️⃣5️⃣-yard TD vs. USC @NDFootball's Josh Adams was named the Of… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- Time to hoop with the Hoosiers. The #CrossroadsClassic tips off at 2:30 p.m. ET when @NDmbb faces Indiana. 📺 FOX… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- And the winner is... Check out all the award 🏆 winners from @NDFootball's annual awards show, Echoes. ⤵️… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- Out with the old. Tumbling in with the new. Send a volley cheer on high because @NDCheerTeam's new uniforms will… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 hours ago
- Welcome to Indiana basketball. @NDmbb heads to Indianapolis to take on the rival Hoosiers at 2:30 p.m. ET for the… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 hours ago