Oct 4, 2013, 10:53 AM EDT
The fourth-ranked Irish women’s soccer team tied the 13th-ranked Wake Forest Demon Deacons in ACC play, the Cleveland Browns won again and we are about a day away from the Shamrock Series football contest between the Irish and the Arizona State Sun Devils in North Texas at AT&T Stadium (Jerry’s World).
‘Round the Irish Blogosphere
We had a large amount of new material come out last week – catch up with the links below.
- Trading Card Thursday – Mike Golic (Strong & True)
- Coach Waldrum’s Journal (Irish United)
- A New Tradition (Irish UNDerground)
- Dealing With Losses – Kory Minor (Strong & True)
- Irish Blogger Gathering – ASU (Strong & True)
- Paving A New Legacy: Confidence Is Key (In The Paint)
- Irish In The NFL – Week Four (Strong & True)
Now, what did we miss…
- 1. Football – Heisler’s Last Word – ASU (LINK-Strong & True)
John Heisler is in his 36th year as a member of the Notre Dame athletic staff – including 16 years as sports information director at Notre Dame after spending 10 previous years as a member of the sports publicity staff. He added the title of assistant athletics director in 1995, and then was named an associate athletics director in 2001. Heisler was promoted to his current position as senior associate athletics director in October 2004. For each Notre Dame football game he pens a one-page article on the game. His thoughts on the Arizona State – Notre Dame football game are at the link above.
- 2. Men’s Basketball – Knight Ready To Step Up His Game (LINK-UND.com)
The Notre Dame men’s basketball team gathered in The Pit for its second practice earlier this week and the atmosphere had a decidedly different feel than the first practice held four days earlier. During the season, the Irish frequently practice there, and when they do, there always seems to be a high level of intensity both from players and coaches. In most instances, The Pit offers fewer distractions in a more confined area and practices are always spirited and competitive. Tuesday’s practice proved to be much the same. To read more, click the link above.
- 3. Football – Deep In The Heart Of Texas (LINK-UND.com)
Four years after the fact, Kerry Cooks still can’t help but laugh about recruiting in the state of Texas. Cooks, now the Notre Dame co-defensive coordinator and the Irish assistant responsible for Texas recruiting, grew up in the Lone Star State and was a standout player at Nimitz High School in Irving, so he knows all about the pride and passion for football and the common goal shared by every player in the state. To read more, click the link above.
- 4. Football – Notre Dame – Arizona State Connections (LINK-Arizona Central)
Click the link above to read about the plethora of connections between Notre Dame and Arizona State.
- 5. Football – Home Sweet Home (LINK-UND.com)
If you’re a University of Notre Dame football fan, how much football in Notre Dame Stadium would you like in one season? That became the operable question back in the spring of 2005 at every Division I institution when the NCAA approved a 12-game college football season beginning in 2006. Click the link above to read more.
If you have more time to kill at work, read this other great article:
OU/ND Gigapixel Photo – A 360-degree photo was taken prior to the start of the ND/OU football game, click the link to find yourself or look at random people making funny faces on account of them not knowing what is going on.
This didn’t make me chuckle as much as it made me say, “WHATTT?!?!?!?!?” …
For those of you who dig people cleaning college football’s only iPad coffee table … pic.twitter.com/CFa6GyjCEp
— Alan George (@treeSIDjorge) October 4, 2013
Notre Dame-ish Video Of The Day
My honorary monogram is coming … I just know it.
Today’s trivia is brought to you by Mark Burlin, a member of 3 Penny Films. Enjoy…
What former Irish student-athlete is the only player in NFL history to score a touchdown in a playoff game against the team that cut him in earlier in the season?
Because this is a special guest question, I will give away a prize to one of the people who correctly answers the question to my email (AHorvat3@ND.edu) or on twitter @NDSportsBlogger. You can find the correct answer to the question in Monday’s edition of “Things I Found Interesting.”
- M. Lacrosse. Irish Hand Buckeyes First Defeat Of Season In 12-7 Victory
- W. Rowing. Irish Compete At Longhorn Invitational
- W. Lacrosse. Irish Prepared to Battle Syracuse on the Road
- Baseball. Irish Fall In 13 Innings To No. 13 FSU
- Softball. Irish Execute Excellently In Twin Bill Sweep Of Virginia Tech
- Track. Meunier, Irish Wrap Day One of Raleigh Relays
- W. Basketball. Irish Elite in Historic Victory Over Buckeyes
- Swimming & Diving. No. 19 Notre Dame Has Solid Third Day at Men's Swimming and Diving at NCAA Championships
- W. Tennis. Irish Rally Comes Up Short In Conference Dual Against Wolfpack
- Football. Rocket Ismail: He’s Lived and Learned
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- RT @FightingIrish: 🏒 NCAA TOURNAMENT #4 @NDHockey vs. #1 Minnesota 3:30pm | ESPNU "If we play to what we're capable of, we can beat anyb… 2 hours ago
- 🏒 NCAA TOURNAMENT #4 @NDHockey vs. #1 Minnesota 3:30pm | ESPNU "If we play to what we're capable of, we can beat… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 hours ago
- RT @FightingIrish: 🏀 TICKET PUNCHED @ndwbb rides Arike Ogunbowale's career-high 32 points to the #Elite8. ND 99 | Ohio State 76 https://t… 7 hours ago
- 🏀 TICKET PUNCHED @ndwbb rides Arike Ogunbowale's career-high 32 points to the #Elite8. ND 99 | Ohio State 76 https://t.co/vTKmbDZHr8 19 hours ago
- 🏀 8th Straight Sweet Sixteen! @ndwbb battles Ohio State for a spot in the #Elite8. #1 ND vs. #5 OSU 7pm | @ESPN https://t.co/Aov95koF8R 23 hours ago