Oct 10, 2013, 10:16 AM EDT
We may have been game-less yesterday when it comes Irish athletics, but that doesn’t mean the day passed without an event-filled news cycle.
Yesterday, the NCAA released that Purcell Pavilion would host the regional final round of the women’s basketball championship. This being said, the Irish could possibly play the regional semifinals (Sweet 16) and regional finals (Elite Eight) on their home court en route to the national semifinals (Final Four). To read more about this huge event for the Notre Dame community, click here.
Now, what did we miss…
- 1. Men’s Basketball – Media Day Is Upon Us (LINK-In The Paint)
It was media day for the Notre Dame men’s basketball team here at the Purcell Pavilion today. With reporters buzzing around the complex trying to get as many quotes from players and coaches as they could, today was a realization that the first regular season game is only 30 days away. To read more click the link above.
- 2. Football – “Two Minute Drill” With Max Redfield (LINK-Strong & True)
Max Redfield is a freshman safety from Mission Viejo, Calif. Sean Tenaglia sat down with Max to ask him some rapid-fire questions about both his time on the field and his interests off it. Click the link above to read more.
- 3. Women’s Soccer – #9 Irish Travel To #1 Virginia (LINK-UND.com)
For most of the past decade, Notre Dame and Virginia would meet during the preseason, often squaring off in an exhibition on some isolated pitch and sometimes as far away as northern Michigan, with the Fighting Irish occasionally venturing up to Traverse City and the Cavaliers’ preseason training site. However, strange as it may sound, Notre Dame and Virginia have only played once in the regular season and one has to go back nearly a quarter century in the archives to find that dusty box score from a match played two years before the first-ever FIFA Women’s World Cup in China. To read more, click the link above.
- 4. Football – The Prodigal @NDSportsBlogger Returns (LINK-Strong & True)
Being an off week, we decided to do something special. The blogger formerly known as @NDSportsBlogger, Josh Flynt, returned to ask some questions and answer Her Loyal Sons’ questions. Click the link above to learn more.
- 5. Women’s Golf – Ferreira Adjusting To College Life (LINK-UND.com)
When Irish All-American sophomore Lindsey Weaver made the decision to transfer to Arizona before the 2013 season, the University of Notre Dame women’s golf team felt a big hole emerge in its lineup. But the team’s talented underclassmen easily stepped into their roles, particularly freshman Jordan Ferreira. Click the link above to read more.
If you have more time to kill at work, read this other great article:
… And I Bring The Losses (Unless You Are Women’s Hoops) – Yesterday, Notre Dame’s manager of social media, Christianne Harder, talked about how where she went, success followed (you can read that here). Today, I give you the story of the@NDSportsBlogger. I fully expect to be fired by days end (and hired by Coach McGraw). Enjoy…
OU/ND Gigapixel Photo – A 360-degree photo was taken prior to the start of the ND/OU football game, click the link to find yourself or look at random people making funny faces on account of them not knowing what is going on.
Notre Dame baseball alum John Axford making former Irish head coach Paul Mainieri proud …
— Pavel Kofman (@SportsFanaticPK) October 10, 2013
Notre Dame-ish Video Of The Day
I’ve been holding off in posting this for the entire season … but I just wanted to today.
Hockey begins tomorrow…
What active Notre Dame icer has the second most points in college hockey entering this season?
To answer the question, send me an email (AHorvat3@ND.edu) or talk to me on twitter @NDSportsBlogger. You can find the correct answer to the question in Friday’s edition of “Things I Found Interesting.”
Shout out and prize coming to Teddy Brown for correctly answering Kerry Hanks, Anne Makinen and Cindy Daws to yesterday’s question, who were the women’s soccer players to win the Hermann Trophy. Others to correctly answer the question were Patrick Sukow, Davie Dave, L. Beene and Irene Taylor.
- W. Basketball. Ogunbowale Brings Home Four Nations Tournament Title
- Bigger Than Brick. #NDBiggerThanBrick - The Server Room
- W. Soccer. ACC Network Extra to Broadcast 13 Matches
- Bigger Than Brick. #NDBiggerThanBrick - The Flag Pole
- Football. Notre Dame Schedules Wisconsin In 2020 & 2021
- Softball. Limited Spots Remain For Irish Softball Fall Clinic
- M. Soccer. #10 Irish Sail By Omaha 2-0 In Exhibition Debut
- M. Soccer. #10 Irish Open Exhibition Schedule At Omaha
- Football. New Look for Irish Football Spaces
- W. Soccer. Hendricks' Compassion Felt Around the World
Fighting Irish on YouTube
- 🏈 Hey, Julian Love! What’s your favorite part of ND Stadium? Video Board? Locker Room? @NDSportsBlogger caught u… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 14 hours ago
- 🏈 New to Notre Dame Stadium! A visitors tunnel has been added near the north end zone. Here's an exclusive look w… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 18 hours ago
- ☘ VISITING TEAM LOCKER ROOM The old benches from ND Stadium have been repurposed to create lockers for visiting te… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 21 hours ago
- 🏈 Another look at the server room for the video board! Massive online storage allows us to record & replay the bes… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- RT @FightingIrish: 📽 Engine Driving the Video Board 6,000+ Cables Massive Online Storage ⁰Check out the server room that powers the @NDFo… 1 day ago